Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone catch me on Sirius NFL Radio talking about the liability that is Andre Goodman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Huge yards, huh?

Plaxico Burress had 4 catchs for 64 yards and 0 TDs. That's huge?

Aromashadu had 6 catches for 90 yards and 0 TDs. Is that huge?

Percy Harvin had 8 catches for 156 yards and 2 TDs. Goodman didn't cover Harvin. So why are we all over Goodman?

How do you crucify the corner if you don't even know what the corner's job is? That's my question. You nor the OP knows the corners job within the scope of the defense. You're upset because he didn't shut the receiver down. The technique he uses to cover wouldn't shut the corner down. It's designed to not give up the big play. Period. And he didn't.

You're asking for a shutdown performance. And that's not going to happen with the technique (off coverage) involved.
    You don't know me or my knowledge of defenses. Don't come at me like you are the end all be all of the corner back position because frankly you aren't.

Giving up huge yardage to opposing WRs is never in anybodies defensive game plan whether you choose to accept that or not. And just because he didn't personally give up a TD does not mean he had a great game. I was not crucifying Goodman as a player, I was stating that he gets burned quite often for huge chunks of yardage. If you disagree with that, maybe you are the one that should go back and re-watch some games...
    sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by #1BRONCSFAN View Post
      I disagree.. One pick yes right place right time. But the pick 6 against shancez was skill. He jumped that route.
      Actually the INT against Minnesota was intelligence on Goodman's part.

The announcers then pointed it out, and even on ESPN & NBC afterwards.

He made Ponder think he was playing the underneath and then floated back into the passing lane when Ponder made his decision. It was a great play by Goodman, from start to finish.

I'm so sick and tired of people getting all over Goodman for practically nothing. (This isn't directed at the individual I quoted) He's one of the BEST #2 corners in the league, top five for sure, and quite possibly the best. He plays opposite Champ Bailey and as someone pointed out before, if you're expecting both your corners to play like Champ (who is the greatest cornerback to ever play the game) then you're in fantasy land.

Comment

Originally posted by FD CO View Post
        Actually the INT against Minnesota was intelligence on Goodman's part.

The announcers then pointed it out, and even on ESPN & NBC afterwards.

He made Ponder think he was playing the underneath and then floated back into the passing lane when Ponder made his decision. It was a great play by Goodman, from start to finish.

I'm so sick and tired of people getting all over Goodman for practically nothing. (This isn't directed at the individual I quoted) He's one of the BEST #2 corners in the league, top five for sure, and quite possibly the best. He plays opposite Champ Bailey and as someone pointed out before, if you're expecting both your corners to play like Champ (who is the greatest cornerback to ever play the game) then you're in fantasy land.
        Goodman is very good at baiting QBs into making bad throws, especially the young QBs.
        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

I for one have not been very high on Goodman this season, that being said he has had some MAJOR plays in recent games. I still want the Broncos to draft Claiborne or Kirkpatrick in the first round.

Now about Hanie picking on Goodman in a "coming out party" I would love for Hanie to pick on him. Goodman is still a savvy veteran CB who will notice if he is being picked on and much like last week he will bait Hanie a young not great QB into making a BIG mistake. I am ok if he allows some catches and seems to be getting picked on because I still believe if that happens he will make a big play when it counts!
          sigpic

Comment

Read my previous post, I'm a supporter of Goodie. That said the only constructive criticism I'd say about him is that, when he HELPS OUT / GIVES A HELPING HAND in the tackling department ( NOT speaking of his covering ability )..........He sometimes needs to pick up his skirt before thinking of tackling.

I guess tackling isn't a quality CVs are known for though.......So, yeah Goodman is a really good / great #2 CB.
            I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Working...
            X