Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone catch me on Sirius NFL Radio talking about the liability that is Andre Goodman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Read my previous post, I'm a supporter of Goodie. That said the only constructive criticism I'd say about him is that, when he HELPS OUT / GIVES A HELPING HAND in the tackling department ( NOT speaking of his covering ability )..........He sometimes needs to pick up his skirt before thinking of tackling.

I guess tackling isn't a quality CVs are known for though.......So, yeah Goodman is a really good / great #2 CB.

Leave a comment:

• Caliraiderhater
    replied
    I for one have not been very high on Goodman this season, that being said he has had some MAJOR plays in recent games. I still want the Broncos to draft Claiborne or Kirkpatrick in the first round.

Now about Hanie picking on Goodman in a "coming out party" I would love for Hanie to pick on him. Goodman is still a savvy veteran CB who will notice if he is being picked on and much like last week he will bait Hanie a young not great QB into making a BIG mistake. I am ok if he allows some catches and seems to be getting picked on because I still believe if that happens he will make a big play when it counts!

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    Originally posted by FD CO View Post
    Actually the INT against Minnesota was intelligence on Goodman's part.

The announcers then pointed it out, and even on ESPN & NBC afterwards.

He made Ponder think he was playing the underneath and then floated back into the passing lane when Ponder made his decision. It was a great play by Goodman, from start to finish.

I'm so sick and tired of people getting all over Goodman for practically nothing. (This isn't directed at the individual I quoted) He's one of the BEST #2 corners in the league, top five for sure, and quite possibly the best. He plays opposite Champ Bailey and as someone pointed out before, if you're expecting both your corners to play like Champ (who is the greatest cornerback to ever play the game) then you're in fantasy land.
    Goodman is very good at baiting QBs into making bad throws, especially the young QBs.

Leave a comment:

• FD CO
    replied
    Originally posted by #1BRONCSFAN View Post
    I disagree.. One pick yes right place right time. But the pick 6 against shancez was skill. He jumped that route.
    Actually the INT against Minnesota was intelligence on Goodman's part.

The announcers then pointed it out, and even on ESPN & NBC afterwards.

He made Ponder think he was playing the underneath and then floated back into the passing lane when Ponder made his decision. It was a great play by Goodman, from start to finish.

I'm so sick and tired of people getting all over Goodman for practically nothing. (This isn't directed at the individual I quoted) He's one of the BEST #2 corners in the league, top five for sure, and quite possibly the best. He plays opposite Champ Bailey and as someone pointed out before, if you're expecting both your corners to play like Champ (who is the greatest cornerback to ever play the game) then you're in fantasy land.

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Huge yards, huh?

Plaxico Burress had 4 catchs for 64 yards and 0 TDs. That's huge?

Aromashadu had 6 catches for 90 yards and 0 TDs. Is that huge?

Percy Harvin had 8 catches for 156 yards and 2 TDs. Goodman didn't cover Harvin. So why are we all over Goodman?

How do you crucify the corner if you don't even know what the corner's job is? That's my question. You nor the OP knows the corners job within the scope of the defense. You're upset because he didn't shut the receiver down. The technique he uses to cover wouldn't shut the corner down. It's designed to not give up the big play. Period. And he didn't.

You're asking for a shutdown performance. And that's not going to happen with the technique (off coverage) involved.
    You don't know me or my knowledge of defenses. Don't come at me like you are the end all be all of the corner back position because frankly you aren't.

Giving up huge yardage to opposing WRs is never in anybodies defensive game plan whether you choose to accept that or not. And just because he didn't personally give up a TD does not mean he had a great game. I was not crucifying Goodman as a player, I was stating that he gets burned quite often for huge chunks of yardage. If you disagree with that, maybe you are the one that should go back and re-watch some games...

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Huge yards, huh?

Percy Harvin had 8 catches for 156 yards and 2 TDs. Goodman didn't cover Harvin. So why are we all over Goodman?

How do you crucify the corner if you don't even know what the corner's job is? That's my question. You nor the OP knows the corners job within the scope of the defense. You're upset because he didn't shut the receiver down. The technique he uses to cover wouldn't shut the corner down. It's designed to not give up the big play. Period. And he didn't.

You're asking for a shutdown performance. And that's not going to happen with the technique (off coverage) involved.
    I am defending Goody, but to be fair Goodman did cover Harvin for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Goodman is a great #2 CB.............#2 CB

What you want a team that has the best player at their position at every spot. We'll that's impossible a team carries 4, 5, 6 CB. The ability to clone Champ 6 times is impossible...........I mean crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first.

Is Goodman perfect or the best CB in the NFL.....umm NO.

IS Goodman a good #2 CB...You better believe it and if you don't you better rethink what a #2 CB is and you better reevaluate your concept of what it takes to build a team.... The ability to pay every player on your team $8 million + a year is not possible in the realm of reality.

I love the BLitz it MOSTLY does great things for you. Nothing is 100% 100% of the time. The Blitz will leave the secondary vulnerable OCASSIOINALY.

Goodman is a more then acceptable #2 and the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

I mean what you think we'd be better with out him on the team or with a undrafted FA rookie at the #2 CB spot.

Do we need to bring in talented youth in our secondary...........you better believe we do.

Bottom line is Goodman is a really good #2 CB..........#2 CB, if not really good then more then acceptable.

For real......really real! You sould get some.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    Come on, man.
    Giving up huge yardage, allowing the other team to score points even though the TD wasn't scored on you ... That's a Pyrrhic victory.
    Huge yards, huh?

Last edited by Crazy8; 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Originally posted by BossBruce View Post
    This is hilarious. As long as a player isn't giving up TDs, he is playing within the scheme. You guys can disagree with my opinion... that's fine. But please don't pretend to ANYTHING about the scheme our defensive coordinator deploys each week. That's beyond all of our pay grades.

And to assume that every time a completed pass on Goodman is a product of the scheme is awfully generous of you guys. I hope the front office isn't as generous at the end of the year.

Lastly, for the love of God, please stop referring to his last two interceptions. The Minnesota pick was handed to him on a silver platter. The Jets pick was a good play made on a not so good pass. I'll give him credit for that play. However, before that play Plaxico was owning him. Mayock called this out during the game - it's indisputable.

I hope I'm wrong about this week but I suspect Mike Martz is seeing the same thing. Martz offenses are about exploiting match ups. I expect Goody to have another long day at the office.
    Good players take advantage of opportunities, he got opportunities and made plays period. A bad DB would have not made the ints, dropped them not seen it etc. Regardless if it was "luck" "right place" whatever the opportunity was there and he took advantage.

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    How many TDs did Plaxico score? How many TDs did Aromashadu score?

Get the picture?
    Come on, man.
    Giving up huge yardage, allowing the other team to score points even though the TD wasn't scored on you ... That's a Pyrrhic victory.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    if the jets or vikings were his best games, than he is terrible.

Plaxico abused Andre on a whole drive, and Devin Aromashadu looked like Cris Carter against him.
    How many TDs did Plaxico score? How many TDs did Aromashadu score?

Get the picture?

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    The question you have to ask yourself is can we find an upgrade in next years draft? Unless Syd' comes back and lights the league on fire, Goodman is in his last couple of years at DB. As much as I appreciate Goodman's play, at times he does give up huge yardage and is on the wrong side of 30. He can't play forever, he is no Champ after all.

Leave a comment:

• Pruke
    replied
    It's an area we are going to have to address in the offseason - period. We're aging and thin. Goodman has made some plays, but he's definitely part of the bigger issue.

Leave a comment:

• #1BRONCSFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by BossBruce View Post
    His two clutch interceptions (right place, right time) have overshadowed the fact that he's been terrible in coverage. The Bears see this on tape. I'm worried that Hanie has his coming out party throwing at Goodman...much like Ponder had his coming out last week.

Thoughts?
    I disagree.. One pick yes right place right time. But the pick 6 against shancez was skill. He jumped that route.

Leave a comment:

• tacmale
    replied
    The biggest, and only kick I have on Goodman is he shies away from contact, he doesn't tackle worth a dang. But that is about it, for as many times as he gets targeted he does pretty well opposite Champ.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X