Rookie Rahim Moore tries to regain roster spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Rahim Moore tries to regain roster spot

When Rahim Moore was left off the game-day roster last Sunday in Minnesota, it marked a low point in the second-round draft pick's rookie season.

Moore began the season as the starter at free safety but was replaced by fourth-round pick Quinton Carter after the bye week, and last week was benched in favor of safeties Kyle McCarthy and Rafael Bush because of special-teams play.

"I let myself down," Moore said Friday. "I told myself I didn't earn the game check I got. I was just mad I wasn't able to be a part of the win. That was a bad feeling."

Moore met with several coaches after the benching, and defensive coordinator Dennis Allen said Moore "responded with the way he practiced this week."

"I believe this week I'm blessed to be able to suit up again, and I'm going to be really excited," Moore said.

Miller ready to play.

With his right hand encased in a club cast, linebacker Von Miller will be on the field Sunday against the Bears.

Miller practiced Friday and is listed as probable, less than two weeks removed from surgery to repair ligament damage in his thumb.

Miller leads the Broncos with 10 1/2 sacks. The Bears gave up seven sacks last Sunday against Kansas City.

"He helps our pass rush. I think that anybody that watches tape, and I know the Chicago Bears have and we do, he is a force there," coach John Fox said Friday. "We are happy to have him back."

Moreno begins rehab.

Running back Knowshon Moreno is back in Denver after having surgery in Florida to repair a torn ACL.

Moreno, one of the Broncos' first-round picks in 2009, moved through the locker room on crutches Friday afternoon, pausing to chat with several teammates he hasn't seen in several weeks.

Moreno injured his knee in the first quarter of Denver's Nov. 13 game at Kansas City.

Footnotes.

Running back Willis McGahee and wide receiver Eddie Royal are listed as questionable against the Bears. McGahee (knee) is expected to play after practicing Friday. Royal has not practiced since suffering a concussion last week in Minnesota. . . . For the Bears, starting strong safety Major Wright has been ruled out because of a shoulder injury. The only other players on the Bears' injury report are quarterback Jay Cutler (finger) and running back Matt Forte (knee), both of whom were ruled out earlier in the week. . . . The Broncos are asking fans to prepare for longer lines at Sports Authority Field at Mile High because of the use of metal detectors at all entrances.

Lindsay H. Jones, The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...250?source=rss
    sigpic

I love accountability by young guys. Competition breeds excellence. This kid will be fine. I love it. Let's go Rahim!!!

Comment

I absolutely love the fact he feels this way. get out there, get better and listen to the coaches. I think if he keeps this chip on his shoulder, the sky is the limit for him. I would love to see Moore/Carter be our safeties for years to come!
      PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

Rahim Moore suffered a concussion at Oakland, I believe.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

This kid looked very good in the preseason then seemed to vanish. He has potential. Give him some time to learn the position at the professional level. Being demoted was good in that he now sees he needs to do more and get better. I think it never hurts to have a Safety with a chip on their shoulder.
          sigpic

Comment

I love this attitude, if he keeps going like this he'll earn it back and everything he works for...

Comment

Kyle McCarthy sucking way worse really helped Moore's cause as well I would imagine.

Comment

I don't expect Carter to roll over.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                  Kyle McCarthy sucking way worse really helped Moore's cause as well I would imagine.
                  Bronco_Rob, when was that picture that you have posted? the reason I'm asking is because that's quite an over the top delivery by Tebow. I just find that very, very interesting.

Thanks.

Comment

I would like to see both Carter and Moore in the backfield once Dawkins retires TBH.
                    sigpic

Comment

I support my adopted Bronco 100%!!

Maybe he just needed time to adjust to the NFL game
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                        this...

carter is playing good and wont lose his starting spot but McCarthy made me think we had the punter out there playing safety at times.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simplistickhaos View Post
                          I would like to see both Carter and Moore in the backfield once Dawkins retires TBH.
                          That's why they drafted them to the harsh criticism of those who know better than EFX.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

miller with a cast

BUH BYE Hainie
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

Remember, this kid came out as an underclassman, so there is a maturity learning curve at play.

This season has been typical of alot of rookie seasons, and I think Rahim is going to be a very good player for years...and getting a year to play behind Brian Dawkins is going to pay huge dividends down the road.

Moore is extremely talented and will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X