No announcement yet.

Rookie Rahim Moore tries to regain roster spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to hear that he's motivated to compete. Hopefully he and Carter are our 2012 starters at safety. He has a lot of potential, and learning behind Dawkins and even Champ for technique in both the run and pass came will be a great thing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
      I don't expect Carter to roll over.
      Isn't that the truth? Carter has played extremely well enough in fact to probably keep the job for the foreseeable future. He's an excellent tackler. He has twice as many tackles in about the same number of reps as Rahim. Rahim's best shot right now is to get in there in nickle or dime situations.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I like Moore but he's too soft he needs to learn how to tackle better and his coverage imo is sub par

Comment

Well he knows what to say, let's see if he's going to back it up. Think that hit in the buffalo game made him believe he was a shoe-in. Not so fast grasshopper!!! Like this kid and wanna see him back on the field....only if he's the best we have at that position though. GO BRONCOS
          :2cents:

Comment

He's a rook..
            it takes time and experience.

Von is a special player...
            basicly a number one pick (behind Cam)

not all young guys come to the NFL ready right now.

He will be good, I bet.

Heard him interviewed several times early in the season...

He sure has the heart, the desire, the drive..
            he just needs to learn and experience.
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Isn't that the truth? Carter has played extremely well enough in fact to probably keep the job for the foreseeable future. He's an excellent tackler. He has twice as many tackles in about the same number of reps as Rahim. Rahim's best shot right now is to get in there in nickle or dime situations.
              Carter has been horrible. PFF graded him as -2.5 last week, -1.6 the week before, and -0.6 week 11. The more he sees the field, the worse the grades get.

Anyone can make a tackle, it is where and when they make it that counts. Remember all the 10 plus tackle games Nate Webster had (7 yards past the LOS), so what.

Carter plays timid, has ZERO PD. The truth is, our coaching staff has zero confidence in Moore or Carter and have them just playing deep. Neither are showing any play making ability.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Either Carter or Moore will have to step up before the Patriots game as that is the game they will be needed the most. Overall I am happy with both of them, they are rookies, and are bound to make mistakes as they learn to play the position at the NFL level. Anytime you start as a rookie, unless your a talent like Von Miller, its saying your performance is as good as the guy who started before you.
                There is no plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                  Kyle McCarthy sucking way worse really helped Moore's cause as well I would imagine.
                  Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post
                  this...

carter is playing good and wont lose his starting spot but McCarthy made me think we had the punter out there playing safety at times.

That's exactly what I was thinking about the whole time I was reading that. I couldn't shake the images of McCarthy struggling out there. He wasn't ready.

That sucks about the long lines, by the way. How random was that?

Comment

Rahim needs to become the excellent ball hawk I had heard about before the draft

That's something we're really missing
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Charger$

Comment

Working...
                    X