No announcement yet.

Goodman peaking along with the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is not Champ Bailey. Nobody is. But he's a pretty damn good cover corner.
    Sure, he can't tackle, but he's a CB. It's not often on their résumé.

I'd like a premier CB in the upcoming draft for sure, but Goody's not a bad cornerback. NATE JONES is a bad cornerback. Andre Goodman is a solid #2 playing arguably the hardest position for a CB in the NFL... opposite a HoF player. He gives up some plays, but he gets picked on 24/7. It must be tough and I'm not sure who some of you guys think we could (realistically) just bring in and slot into that position to see better results.

Our coaches seem to trust him. Champ seems to trust him. I trust them.
    sigpic
    - ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Meh, he's made some big-time plays, pick-6 vs the Jets, INT last week, but he's still been getting burned a good bit.

CB to me is still #1 priority, we need some youth, talent at that spot. Yes we have Harris and Syd next yr, but both are #3 CB's at best imo... Still need to upgrade that spot in free agency and the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
        He is not Champ Bailey. Nobody is. But he's a pretty damn good cover corner.
        Sure, he can't tackle, but he's a CB. It's not often on their résumé.

I'd like a premier CB in the upcoming draft for sure, but Goody's not a bad cornerback. NATE JONES is a bad cornerback. Andre Goodman is a solid #2 playing arguably the hardest position for a CB in the NFL... opposite a HoF player. He gives up some plays, but he gets picked on 24/7. It must be tough and I'm not sure who some of you guys think we could (realistically) just bring in and slot into that position to see better results.

Deion Sanders wasn't a very good tackler either. There's more than one way to get team defense done and Dennis Allen knows quite a few of them. It's all about team, not *****ing about one guy.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
          That's where I have to think I'm not seeing the big picture. Coaches and Champ don't just give neutral props to Goodie -it's very positive.

Am I frustrated at times? Yes
          At the end of the day, we're still winning and he's part of the formula so -

And he's a humble guy. He's not claiming he's Champ Bailey at all - very modest

You can tell he's a team player.

I hope he can trick Hanie into a pick6 tomorrow
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Meh, he's made some big-time plays, pick-6 vs the Jets, INT last week, but he's still been getting burned a good bit.

CB to me is still #1 priority, we need some youth, talent at that spot. Yes we have Harris and Syd next yr, but both are #3 CB's at best imo... Still need to upgrade that spot in free agency and the draft.
            Yeah.. it sucks that Cox turned into a crappy player and a rapist.

He WAS our young guy
            that SHOULD have been ready
            to step in for Goodman next year...
            AND help him out now.
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Champ and Dawkins have a ton of respect for the job Goody does, but fans don't. Of course fans feel there should be a pro bowler at every position.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Goodman receives too much hate he's a good corner maybe not the greatest tackler but when the broncos
                Needed someone on the D to step up he has

He turned the momentum during the jets game and ended the Minnesota game with his pick
                He definitely is miles better than dre bly

Comment

I just do not think the average fan comprehends coverage responsibility all that much. Goody gave up 3 plays he should not have the last game, but a few of the catches were not his responsibility.

Let's face it, if a CB is doing his job, the ball is not going his way and he will get very little credit from the fans. Devin Aromashodu was targeted 15 times and caught 6...how bad of a game was it really? Not a great game and he did have a poor stretch, but he was not the guy covering Harvin on either TD catch, nor the guy on Rudolph's TD.

I have much greater concerns with the poor safety coverage and the revolving door at that position.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                  X