Post game rants---Bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
    really obviously dont know much about Cutler U know who has the 6th best qb rating for a full season since they began the Qb ratings? Yup u guessed it it Jay Cutler in the second year as a bronco. Tim tebows second year as a bronco, his qbr which favors stuff like running the football and crunch time production - Timmy's best attributes- is the forth lowest in the league no i think Cutler has shown he can be a NFL qb. The tebow people always complain about the broncos wide receivers. How did cutlers wide receivers do last year when the Bears made it to the NFC championship game . Cutlers wins a this year at 7-3 were against some playoff teams falcons and Lions. How did timmy do against the lions. Dont compare a good running back to a Good NFL qb until the running back shows he can throw the ball like an average NFL QB. Ive been a bronco fan for longer than uve been alive. Im a Bronco fan first and formost. You sir seem like a Tebow fan first and a bronco fan second . Ill give a young QB a chance if they show flashes of being able to throw the ball like an NFL QB because u can teach decision making and young Qb's will mature but if they cant throw worth beans well lets just say this no matter how hard i work ill never be as fast as usain bolt. Hard work gets u only so far then u actually have to make plays against the likes of Champ or goodson. BE a broncos fan first and formost always
    And you can honestly say tebow has not showin flashes. Cutler had the advantage of a coach who didn't go run, run, than a deep pass. Cutler had the advantage of a much better wr corp. is cutler still the better qb, by a long shot at the moment. But to really imply you have not seen flashes from tebow is just blind stubbornness. If Trent Dilfer can finally after watching tebow game film realize tebow has improved vastly, than anyone can. But hey go draft another qb in the first round. It seems like the new thing to do. Maybe he can fix special teams, defense, rb, and wr's.

Comment

• Good luck Broncos! BELIEVE!

Comment

really obviously dont know much about Cutler U know who has the 6th best qb rating for a full season since they began the Qb ratings? Yup u guessed it it Jay Cutler in the second year as a bronco. Tim tebows second year as a bronco, his qbr which favors stuff like running the football and crunch time production - Timmy's best attributes- is the forth lowest in the league no i think Cutler has shown he can be a NFL qb. The tebow people always complain about the broncos wide receivers. How did cutlers wide receivers do last year when the Bears made it to the NFC championship game . Cutlers wins a this year at 7-3 were against some playoff teams falcons and Lions. How did timmy do against the lions. Dont compare a good running back to a Good NFL qb until the running back shows he can throw the ball like an average NFL QB. Ive been a bronco fan for longer than uve been alive. Im a Bronco fan first and formost. You sir seem like a Tebow fan first and a bronco fan second . Ill give a young QB a chance if they show flashes of being able to throw the ball like an NFL QB because u can teach decision making and young Qb's will mature but if they cant throw worth beans well lets just say this no matter how hard i work ill never be as fast as usain bolt. Hard work gets u only so far then u actually have to make plays against the likes of Champ or goodson. BE a broncos fan first and formost always
        First off, assuming that you know anything about my age, and that you have been a Bronco fan for longer than I have been alive is dumb. Insinuating that anyone is not a Bronco Fan first is as offensive when it is about Tebow as when it was for not wanting to throw Orton under the bus, and realising his particular talents.

So your argument with Cutler is that a QB with 88 starts has might be better than a QB with 13 starts. OK it is probably fair.

There are many here that see Cutler as a great QB, as they look for flash over substance. The simple fact is that Cutler is amazing in some games and stink in others. As a Bronco his offense scored 15 points fewer on average in the losses than in the wins. Do you forget how inept he always was against the Chargers? Do you forget the games where our offense scored 3 or 7 points.

When Cutler took over in Denver, our win rate went from 63% to 40%. When Cutler took over in Chicago they went from 56% to 44%. When Tebow took over in Denver they went from a 20% win rate to 70%. If you cannot support that as a Broncofan there is something wrong. Cutler directing the Broncos never had more than 3 wins in a row (once). That is a recipe for going nowhere. Both Orton and Tebow was/is way better in that aspect.

Cutler seems to be getting better in his 5th and 6th year, but do you really think that he would do much without Forte. Cutler has lousy intangibles - that is the reason i never liked him that much.

Tebow has amazing intangibles and the tangibles are not that bad. He has not yet had games that were as bad as some of the ones Cutler had as a Bronco (and some as a Bear). Tebow is even more driven than Elway was, and effort will win over talent.

BTW. Being a Bronco Fan is about supporting the team - especially the current starters. Rooting against the players, coaches and FO makes you a bad fan.

PS. Why do you write about Cutler in your sig, if you are a Bronco Fan. Drafting him was one of the worst decisions in Bronco history.
        Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 01-01-2012, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urbs View Post
          And you can honestly say tebow has not showin flashes. Cutler had the advantage of a coach who didn't go run, run, than a deep pass. Cutler had the advantage of a much better wr corp. is cutler still the better qb, by a long shot at the moment. But to really imply you have not seen flashes from tebow is just blind stubbornness. If Trent Dilfer can finally after watching tebow game film realize tebow has improved vastly, than anyone can. But hey go draft another qb in the first round. It seems like the new thing to do. Maybe he can fix special teams, defense, rb, and wr's.
          Has he improved vastly ? Yes he has but it doesnt mean hes any good. Mike Evans calls it "patting Timmy on the head for doing things that even a bad NFL qb should be able to do." This isnt a league for Remedial QB's. U do realize how far he has to go before hes even average. Good gosh Timmy gets paid money to be a QB. He better have some kind of skills. IF he gets good enough to help us compete for a SB i will give him his props. Everyone talks of his decision making, that will get better with repitition. They speak of his footwork. The coaches can teach that. I will ask why did it take him almost 2 years in the NFL to start working on it? Is his work ethic really that good or did the brothers Mcdaniels just suck that bad. Then we get into the other things that might be tougher to to improve like accuracy. maybe he will improve that. The biggest thing to me he will have trouble with and he needs to get it fixed, is being able to rip it quickly into tight windows . He didnt do it at FLA and he hasnt shown it in the NFL yet.

Oh and i got a good laugh out of Cutlers receivers beiing better. The one thing i will say about Cutlers receivers being better is didnt Eddie Royal have a lites out rookie season. Now people wanna run him outta town. Guess the injuries have taken their toll.
          My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
            First off, assuming that you know anything about my age, and that you have been a Bronco fan for longer than I have been alive is dumb. Insinuating that anyone is not a Bronco Fan first is as offensive when it is about Tebow as when it was for not wanting to throw Orton under the bus, and realising his particular talents.

So your argument with Cutler is that a QB with 88 starts has might be better than a QB with 13 starts. OK it is probably fair.

There are many here that see Cutler as a great QB, as they look for flash over substance. The simple fact is that Cutler is amazing in some games and stink in others. As a Bronco his offense scored 15 points fewer on average in the losses than in the wins. Do you forget how inept he always was against the Chargers? Do you forget the games where our offense scored 3 or 7 points.

When Cutler took over in Denver, our win rate went from 63% to 40%. When Cutler took over in Chicago they went from 56% to 44%. When Tebow took over in Denver they went from a 20% win rate to 70%. If you cannot support that as a Broncofan there is something wrong. Cutler directing the Broncos never had more than 3 wins in a row (once). That is a recipe for going nowhere. Both Orton and Tebow was/is way better in that aspect.

Cutler seems to be getting better in his 5th and 6th year, but do you really think that he would do much without Forte. Cutler has lousy intangibles - that is the reason i never liked him that much.

Tebow has amazing intangibles and the tangibles are not that bad. He has not yet had games that were as bad as some of the ones Cutler had as a Bronco (and some as a Bear). Tebow is even more driven than Elway was, and effort will win over talent.
            BTW. Being a Bronco Fan is about supporting the team - especially the current starters. Rooting against the players, coaches and FO makes you a bad fan.

PS. Why do you write about Cutler in your sig, if you are a Bronco Fan. Drafting him was one of the worst decisions in Bronco history.
            To answer ur Question about signature is for people like u that dont know good QB play when they see it. U see i wasnt talking about Cutler after 88 games i was talking about Cutler in his second season, 6th best QB rating of all time. He did it with the worst defense in the league. He is only one of 2 Qb's to have 8 wins with a team who gave up more than 400 points the other is a future HOF Kurt Warner. As for the intangabiles u go ahead and take ur try hard guys ill take my chances with the guys with top shelf talent. and u lost all ur credibily with me when u stated whats been bolded. Again im a bronco fan first and formost. U can go ahead and keep being a tebow fan first and formost
            My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

• Obviously you didn't see much of the UF Gator games.

The biggest thing to me he will have trouble with and he needs to get it fixed, is being able to rip it quickly into tight windows . He didnt do it at FLA and he hasnt shown it in the NFL yet.

And for that matter the Bronco games.

I adopt Anna, pictured in the Oakland threads!

Comment

To answer ur Question about signature is for people like u that dont know good QB play when they see it. U see i wasnt talking about Cutler after 88 games i was talking about Cutler in his second season, 6th best QB rating of all time. He did it with the worst defense in the league. He is only one of 2 Qb's to have 8 wins with a team who gave up more than 400 points the other is a future HOF Kurt Warner. As for the intangabiles u go ahead and take ur try hard guys ill take my chances with the guys with top shelf talent. and u lost all ur credibily with me when u stated whats been bolded. Again im a bronco fan first and formost. U can go ahead and keep being a tebow fan first and formost
                You go support your Bears!
                Cutler in his second season had 7 wins - not 8
                The funny thing is that Tebow makes his team better. That was not the case for Jay Cutler, but then he followed a vastly superior QB, whereas Tebow followed Orton.

Comment

Working...
                X