Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best Running back in the NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Interesting

Originally posted by portis123
    Good Point. In terms of receptions, Tomlinson is great. Guess its his bad luck playing for a lousy team. With the Broncos offensive line so good, even I might be able run for a few yards
    Yes, If LaDainian was on the Broncos, we'd have a 2000 yard rusher every year. He also has 86 receptions for 700 yards!!
    Alot of receivers in the NFL would be lucky to get that. He could end up with 1500 rushing and 1000 yards receiving this year on a crappy team.

LaDainian is the best, without question
    Im surprised he only has 1 vote on this poll

Ohh by the way, he is an Ironman that doesn't get hurt.

Leave a comment:

• neisha26
    replied
    don't get me wrong

okay i think that jamal,clinton,priest,ricky are good running backs but let's be real for a second.

jamal on the serious note, he is a pounder, and a good note don't get me wrong. but to me he is a good runner but not the best consistantly.

clinton. now that's my boy, he runs hard, and he is very fast, but he has a long way to go to be the best and i think if you give him atleast 3 or 4 more years he will have it sowed up.

priest he's alright. it's just that he plays for a good record team this year. but let's see how he is next year. but he's a good runner.

ricky now he's in and out of good games. but now he plays a lil' timid now i don't know what the problem is but he's not running the same but than again he is a good runner

now to make a long story short, after all that. i think that these 4 r the best in my opinion. someone else might disagree but i don't think that their is anyone that can stand out as the NFL best runningback to me this year but than again that's only my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• portis123
    replied
    Interesting

Originally posted by Nixhex78
    Ladanian Tomlinson is the best RB. Too bad he's on a horrible team. If he was a Bronco he'd have as many yards as Portis. Not to mention he'd have 2-3 times more receptions than Portis. LT is the best all around back in the league. Put Portis with San Diego. Does he do as well as LT has? Hmmm!
    Good Point. In terms of receptions, Tomlinson is great. Guess its his bad luck playing for a lousy team. With the Broncos offensive line so good, even I might be able run for a few yards

Leave a comment:

• Nixhex78
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway7John

To give an honest assesment for best RB in the game would somewhat wrong unless speaking stat-wise otherwise you'd have to wait till each one of them retires and at this point probably the best RB in history is a tie between Walter Payton and Barry Sanders
    I agree with both of your choices here. I believe you would have to throw in Jim Brown and yes even the juice, O.J.. This may sound stupid to some but I would really have liked to seen what Bo Jackson could have done. I think he could have been one of the best ever.

Leave a comment:

• Elway7John
    replied
    Marshall Faulk- An extremely intelligent and talented back that would probably take the gold if Martz wasn't such an idiot sometimes and gave him more carries and his injuries.

Clinton Portis- A very young but extremely fast back that has so much potential but its too early to tell, but chances are if he continues on the path he is traveling we might see something we have never before.

LT- Another quality talented back is not as fast as some backs but still beats the majority, he has very good vision but hesitates sometimes, and also due to the fact his team sucks doesn't allow us to see the whole picture which might be exactly the same or totally different but we won't ever be able to tell until they get better.

Jamal Lewis- He came out of nowhere this season with his season long injury last year, right now he's probably the best back due to the fact he's not a speed back but still has so many yards. Regardless of who he plays he still accomplished what most other backs haven't, he pounds the ball till he creates a whole to run the distance which is something like what Earl Campbell used to do, but since its his first real succesful year, time will have to tell.

Priest Holmes- Has already proved himself to be an amazing RB despite injuries, he has amazing vision and can kill a run defense if they give him the opportunity, and his crazy stats are due to the fact he gets more carries in the redzone than any other back but due to the fact he's succesful most of the time. But what needs to be taken into consideration as well is he's benefiting from probably the best offensive line in the game which allows him to play at his best so what you see now is probably the most you'll ever see from him.

To give an honest assesment for best RB in the game would be somewhat wrong unless speaking stat-wise otherwise you'd have to wait till each one of them retires and at this point probably the best RB(s) in history is a tie between Walter Payton and Barry Sanders
    Last edited by Denver '78; 12-12-2003, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nixhex78
    replied
    Ladanian Tomlinson is the best RB. Too bad he's on a horrible team. If he was a Bronco he'd have as many yards as Portis. Not to mention he'd have 2-3 times more receptions than Portis. LT is the best all around back in the league. Put Portis with San Diego. Does he do as well as LT has? Hmmm!

Leave a comment:

• gr8moose
    replied
    Clinton is so fast, he reads his O-Line really well, Yards and touch downs are the stats that tell you how good a back is and how his team works the running game, but you see the best shine when they are one on one or knocking of the wannabe tacklers.

you should look at fumbles and receiving yards too, that is what made Marshall Faulk the number one guy, not only could he blat through the holes, catch the ball and run excellent routes but he did not drop a lot of balls, where as Ahman Green will blast through tacklers and puond the defense but he is prone to letting go of the ball at most innopportune times.

When Portis braks through the line can anyone catch Him?
    He is not the hardest back to bring down though, but he manages to hold onto the ball and he can catch and Block, Marshall Faulk was never good at helping protect his qb with anything other than catching the ball.

There are so many things to consider, who is the best at all those things? TD was a guy who had all around great game, who has that kind of game now?

Toughest RB right now has to be Travis Henry in Buffalo, that guy is playing with a freaking new injury every week, and I mean broken ankle, fractured leg but he keeps goin and keeps getting 100+ games.

So much to think about, I'll just go with My favorite - #26 Clinton Portis.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    portis is going to end up breaking all the rushing records. he is only 22, old enough to be a rookie, with a 3,000+ yard head start.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: I vote portis!!

Originally posted by kickersarecool
    Why?? I know he doesn't have the most yards and he's quite un othodox in size but if he's doing this at what two years experience it means things are just gonna get better. I can't wait to see him in a few seasons.
    Yeah he's good no doubt, but I betcha I could get 1000 yards in Denver's offense. That's kinda what Shanny said last year to Portis. He was like " I can get 1200 or 1300 yrds from a guy off the street".

LaDainian Tomlinson is the best RB in the NFL

Leave a comment:

• kickersarecool
    replied
    I vote portis!!

Why?? I know he doesn't have the most yards and he's quite un othodox in size but if he's doing this at what two years experience it means things are just gonna get better. I can't wait to see him in a few seasons.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by COOLTOOL
    Jamal would probably get my vote (today) if he didn't always fumble the F***ing ball. I have him in my fantasy league, and he's done nothing but keep me in contention . However, his costly fumbles will bite the Ravens in the A$$, probably during the playoffs.
    Let's hope so, the Ravens are looking pretty good now.

Leave a comment:

• COOLTOOL
    replied
    Jamal would probably get my vote (today) if he didn't always fumble the F***ing ball. I have him in my fantasy league, and he's done nothing but keep me in contention . However, his costly fumbles will bite the Ravens in the A$$, probably during the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    clinton portis has the highest yard per carry and thats the mpost important i think. 5.8 is just outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefsMang
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    in a word.........BIAS

Leave a comment:

• Carmine
    replied
    Originally posted by jocool
    He is no fancy back, hes just a pounder- and give him credit, but wht defences hes played this year have been pathetic and again with the Browns of which he set the all tim rushing record against and next week the play the Browns again, I think its mostly luck of haveing an easy schedual- he just isnt a impreesive back although a 2000 yard season will say different. I hope he doesnt get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs 378 and avaerge of 126 per game

Browns-OMFG
    Raiders- yawn
    Steelers-perhaps the best chance of keeping him under 126

Only an Injury can stop him.

He'll get it, count on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X