Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting The Record Straight About Mr. Davis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting The Record Straight About Mr. Davis!

Im so freaking sick and tired of listening to people, be it (radio talk show hosts) (Joe and ERV idiots)or the average football fan, claiming of Tds football career being cut short because of running the ball to much 25 to 30 times a game. STFU and SO WHAT I SAY! THATS NOT THE REASON TDs not playing today. Yes injurys cut short his career but not because he was used to much, and let the facts be known to all idiots who dont know the realism behind why Tds not playing today.

It was the first football game of the 2000 season -Broncos vs the Fish anyway there I was A beer in each hand while Brain (dumbass Griese) was the QB. I could see Jimmy johnson and Dan Marino on the sideline. Brian- threw a Interception and while Td tryed stopping the guy who caught the ball- (LEPSIS OR NALEN, accidently fell on TDs knee in a freak accident . Its was over from that moment on for TD, no matter what type of comeback he tryed.

Ill submit, my belief is----------- if it wasnt for that terrible **** up by Brain Griese Td would still be playing to this day and would have (broken every rushing record known to man), but thats not the way history went is it.

So please, the next time you hear some dumbass talking about how Td carried the ball to much and how you cant do that to a running back-------------------------- tell them to STFU!
    Last edited by jocool; 12-11-2003, 10:11 PM.

Re: Setting The Record Straight About Mr. Davis!

Originally posted by jocool
    Im so freaking sick and tired of listening to people, be it (radio talk show hosts) (Joe and ERV idiots)or the average football fan, claiming of Tds football career being cut short because of running the ball to much 25 to 30 times a game. STFU and SO WHAT I SAY! THATS NOT THE REASON TDs not playing today. Yes injurys cut short his career but not because he was used to much, and let the facts be known to all idiots who dont know the realism behind why Tds not playing today.

It was the first football game of the 2000 season -Broncos vs the Fish anyway there I was A beer in each hand while Brain (dumbass Griese) was the QB. I could see Jimmy johnson and Dan Marino on the sideline. Brian- threw a Interception and while Td tryed stopping the guy who caught the ball- (LEPSIS OR NALEN, accidently fell on TDs knee in a freak accident . Its was over from that moment on for TD, no matter what type of comeback he tryed.

Ill submit, my belief is----------- if it wasnt for that terrible **** up by Brain Griese Td would still be playing to this day and would have (broken every rushing record known to man), but thats not the way history went is it.

So please, the next time you hear some dumbass talking about how Td carried the ball to much and how you cant do that to a running back-------------------------- tell them to STFU!
    I think you're being a little harsh on Griese, but I understand your thinking.

As to the overworked theory, it's not totally without merit from a logic standpoint .... the more he carries the more potentially injurious shots he takes. On the other hand, there are countless instances of players doing nothing, really, and their knee just goes out on them or something goes awry (I still see Tim Crumrie's leg breaking in two for no apparent reason in the Super Bowl). That's not to say that the proper hit at the proper angle doesn't produce the painfully obvious injury.

You never know with running backs, though. The average career is what ... about 5 years? I'm not sure what you'd be saving a back for because it's hard to say if TD would have had a productive 10-12 years like a Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith or Walter Payton. It's a shame we'll never know.
    Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Dude, you may have had a beer in each hand. But how many had you spilled down your throat? First of all it was the 1999 season. And I believe it was the third game(?) against the Jets.So you could not have seen Jimmy Johnson and Especially Dan Marino who had retired a couple of years earlier I believe! Unless there was something else in them beer's y'all was a drinkin'!

Comment

Record straight? Errr!

Correction, Fourth game of 1999. Against the Jet's. From New York. Those Jet's. Not the one's from Miami.

Comment

Not to mention that Elway played nearly every game for 17 years (including numerous playoff games), took a licking the likes of which would stop a Timex and kept on playing.

There's a number of factors that go into longevity in the NFL chief of which are having a solid frame (that is capable of taking a beating), keeping the body in top condition (mostly flexible) and a good amount of luck.

Comment

yeap...TD was an awesome sight...I guess luck ran out on him...How many concussions did Elway have? Wasn't there a hamstring injury that was bothering him his last year?

Comment

Re: Record straight? Errr!

Originally posted by Broncofanjp
              Correction, Fourth game of 1999. Against the Jet's. From New York. Those Jet's. Not the one's from Miami.
              Mabye it wasnt the first game but, it was against the JETS it was the fish you are wrong
              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Record straight? Errr!

Originally posted by jocool
                Mabye it wasnt the first game but, it was against the JETS it was the fish you are wrong
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                How it could it be against both teams?

lol.

My memory tells me Jets also. But we can find out.

But even if it was the Dolphins, Marino could not have been playing. He had been retired.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Record straight? Errr!

Originally posted by Jared
                  How it could it be against both teams?

lol.

My memory tells me Jets also. But we can find out.

But even if it was the Dolphins, Marino could not have been playing. He had been retired.
                  Please find out for us, darnit I was at the Game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jimmy Johnson was the head coach and it was Dans last year and we lost that game as well!!!!! CHECK IT PLS!
                  Last edited by jocool; 12-12-2003, 08:57 AM.

Comment

It was the Jets. Broncos lost the game 21-13.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
                    Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
                    Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

Davis suffered a cruciate ligament injury in the fourth game of the 1999 season, this from NFL.com, Espn.com, and denverbroncos.com. Here is the schedule from 1999:

1999 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE (6-10; 5th AFC West)
                      DATE ATTENDANCE SCORE OPPONENT GAME SITE NOTES

Sept. 13 75,623 L 38-21 Miami Dolphins Mile High Stadium

Sept. 19 78,683 L 26-10 Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium

Sept. 26 65,297 L 13-10 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium

Oct. 3 74,181 L 21-13 New York Jets Mile High Stadium

Oct. 10 55,704 W 16-13 Oakland Raiders Network Associates Coliseum

Oct. 17 73,352 W 31-10 Green Bay Packers Mile High Stadium

Oct. 24 60,011 L 24-23 New England Patriots Foxboro Stadium

Oct. 31 75,021 L 23-20 Minnesota Vikings Mile High Stadium

Nov. 7 61,204 W 33-17 San Diego Chargers Qualcomm Stadium

Nov. 14 66,314 L 20-17 Seattle Seahawks Kingdome Sunday night

Nov. 22 70,012 W 27-21 Oakland Raiders Mile High Stadium Monday night (OT)

Dec. 5 73,855 L 16-10 Kansas City Chiefs Mile High Stadium

Dec. 13 71,357 L 27-24 Jacksonville Jaguars ALLTEL Stadium Monday night

Dec. 19 65,987 W 36-30 Seattle Seahawks Mile High Stadium Overtime

Dec. 25 73,158 W 17-7 Detroit Lions Silverdome Saturday

Jan. 2 69,278 L 12-6 San Diego Chargers Mile High Stadium

While the Broncos DID play teh Doplhins that season, three different sources show that Davis got injured in the Jets game.

Sorry dude.

And I am still 100% positive that Marino was gone by then.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                        Davis suffered a cruciate ligament injury in the fourth game of the 1999 season, this from NFL.com, Espn.com, and denverbroncos.com. Here is the schedule from 1999:

1999 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE (6-10; 5th AFC West)
                        DATE ATTENDANCE SCORE OPPONENT GAME SITE NOTES

Sept. 13 75,623 L 38-21 Miami Dolphins Mile High Stadium

Sept. 19 78,683 L 26-10 Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium

Sept. 26 65,297 L 13-10 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium

Oct. 3 74,181 L 21-13 New York Jets Mile High Stadium

Oct. 10 55,704 W 16-13 Oakland Raiders Network Associates Coliseum

Oct. 17 73,352 W 31-10 Green Bay Packers Mile High Stadium

Oct. 24 60,011 L 24-23 New England Patriots Foxboro Stadium

Oct. 31 75,021 L 23-20 Minnesota Vikings Mile High Stadium

Nov. 7 61,204 W 33-17 San Diego Chargers Qualcomm Stadium

Nov. 14 66,314 L 20-17 Seattle Seahawks Kingdome Sunday night

Nov. 22 70,012 W 27-21 Oakland Raiders Mile High Stadium Monday night (OT)

Dec. 5 73,855 L 16-10 Kansas City Chiefs Mile High Stadium

Dec. 13 71,357 L 27-24 Jacksonville Jaguars ALLTEL Stadium Monday night

Dec. 19 65,987 W 36-30 Seattle Seahawks Mile High Stadium Overtime

Dec. 25 73,158 W 17-7 Detroit Lions Silverdome Saturday

Jan. 2 69,278 L 12-6 San Diego Chargers Mile High Stadium

While the Broncos DID play teh Doplhins that season, three different sources show that Davis got injured in the Jets game.

Sorry dude.

And I am still 100% positive that Marino was gone by then.
                        NO---------- the game where (Nalen or Lepsis) fell on Terrels knee because he was trying to stop a person who interceped the football- which game did that happen????????????????? Ive been searching all over and I cant find out! No, I saw Marino play it was the first game of the season!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I see in articles where he tore his ACL in the forth game of the season, but how it happened it my question???? Davis in the first game of that season vs the fins was also injured. ARGH!

Comment

I was wrong. According to an article I found he tore his knee vs the Jets- damn beer! I was correct about the the first game of the season about Jimmy and Danny I wasnt that Drunk!

Comment

Yep, it was against the Jets. And it was after Griese threw a stupid pick and Terrell was trying to make the tackle.

But you can't blame Griese for Davis's injury. Interceptions happen all the time. It's just part of the game. And freak injuries like that one are also just part of the game. Some 300 pound dude falls on your leg in the wrong way and, I don't care who you are, your ligaments are just going to give.

It's just more painful knowing TD was still so early in his career, coming of a 2,000 yard season, and so much potential to rule the NFL for a long time to come.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X