Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting The Record Straight About Mr. Davis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong about Marino though.

His last season WAS 1999.

I was putzing around looking at his stats. Here's a weird one.

Dan Marino has a reception officially credited for -6 yards. While he was not mobile, it is not unheard of to throw back to the QB on a lateral. The weird part?

the passer was listed as: Dan Marino!

I am not sure how that happens. I know he did all sorts fo creative things, but I had no idea replicating was one of them.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

Dan Marino has a reception officially credited for -6 yards. While he was not mobile, it is not unheard of to throw back to the QB on a lateral. The weird part?

I am not sure how that happens. I know he did all sorts fo creative things, but I had no idea replicating was one of them.
      I think he caught a tipped pass that he had thrown..

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofanjp
        Dude, you may have had a beer in each hand. But how many had you spilled down your throat? First of all it was the 1999 season. And I believe it was the third game(?) against the Jets.So you could not have seen Jimmy Johnson and Especially Dan Marino who had retired a couple of years earlier I believe! Unless there was something else in them beer's y'all was a drinkin'!
        Thank you some one who actually know what they are talking about, it was the Jets and the reason I know is because I was at that game to see the return of Steve Atwater and it was Matt Lepsis that tried to make the tackle on the int. that Greise threw (what's new) and after the game both my cousin and I cussed out Lepsis for injuring out stating RB and he did not have a thing to to say back but his wife sure did all the talking for him...
        Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

I just remember being stunned and in shock and cursing at lepsis.

The play he made that put him in the position that hurt TD was unneccessary, he wasn't really close to the play. A whole lot of suck.

I thought Steve Atwater retired that year in the preseason (as a bronco - like it should be)
          Do you know where a fella can get a rub and a tug round here?

Comment

Originally posted by gr8moose
            I thought Steve Atwater retired that year in the preseason (as a bronco - like it should be)
            You are correct. Atwater took 1 snap in practice while wearing street clothes and then announced his retirement.

Comment

You guys have got time warped....that happened maybe a few years ago!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                You are correct. Atwater took 1 snap in practice while wearing street clothes and then announced his retirement.
                That was the year after when the Jets cut him we resigned him to a one year contract and then the first day of training camp on the first play he squared to hit someone then pulled up and called it a carrer...
                Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

You guys are too funny.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
                    Thank you some one who actually know what they are talking about, it was the Jets and the reason I know is because I was at that game to see the return of Steve Atwater and it was Matt Lepsis that tried to make the tackle on the int. that Greise threw (what's new) and after the game both my cousin and I cussed out Lepsis for injuring out stating RB and he did not have a thing to to say back but his wife sure did all the talking for him...
                    I got the team vs wrong, but I did go to the first game of the 1999 season, and saw the fish with Jimmy and Danny, and for some reason beer or not,---------- I swear TD got injured in that game as well.

Comment

Ooops!

Can you hand me a towel so I can wipe the egg off my face? I thought Marino had retired before '99. So he was with the Dolphins in the first game of '99. But I don't recall Davis geting hurt against them. Only Lepsis rolling up Davis trying to make a tackle after a Griesball interception against the Jet's.:o

Comment

Re: Ooops!

Can you hand me a towel so I can wipe the egg off my face? I thought Marino had retired before '99. So he was with the Dolphins in the first game of '99. But I don't recall Davis geting hurt against them. Only Lepsis rolling up Davis trying to make a tackle after a Griesball interception against the Jet's.:o

LOL, I had the Lepsis rolling up on tds knee part happening during the fins game!!! Something smells fishy here!

Comment

Re: Ooops!

No, you are right about what game it was in. I had stated that Marino had already retired, but according to NFL.com, he has stats for 1999.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: Re: Ooops!

No, you are right about what game it was in. I had stated that Marino had already retired, but according to NFL.com, he has stats for 1999.

I thought he tore his acl when Lepsis rolled up on him/

Comment

Do you guys not remember why we got TD in the 6th round? He had been injured and out for most of a year in college. Some players are susceptable to injuries due to many factors such as their frame, flexibility, and type of player they are.

By the way, I like blaming Greassy for the injury, just don't think it holds up.

Comment

TD

For whatever reason he is gone , & we still miss his talent
                                not to mention he was & still is one of the classiest men to play
                                the game.He represented us well.
                                It is my honor to serve him

Comment

Working...
                                X