I hate complaining about officiating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Late hit, right in front of the official.
    You just know if thats Brady there are flags everywhere and a 1 trillion dollard fine...
    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Is there a pattern with certain officiating crews?
      Coaches do use ref crew stats. For one I know they look at amount of penalties per game average crew to crew. I know that's not exactly what you mean -but
      Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

It seemed like the same official involved in each scenario....interesting.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          Yeah, I was just looking at that.

It's Walt Anderson.

And he's involved in everyone one of those calls/non-calls.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

They definitely affected the outcome of the game. We would have been ahead, at the very least after our first drive of the second half.
            sigpic

Comment

The second coming of Tim Donaghy...

Comment

I only complain when it's a blown call late in the game that really changes the outcome.

Comment

Elway mentioned the officiating in his radio interview this week. I'd be surprised if the Broncos didn't give official feedback to the league office.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    I hate to say the zebra's are out to get us....but some of these calls are off the wall.
                    Well, I tend to think they are....just mho...in just about every game Dumervil gets strangled at least 2 or 3 times and they don't call it. I think because Clady, is "one of the most penalized OLinemen in the league" the refs just zone in on him and all he has to do is look at the defender wrong & they call him for holding.

That illegal block in the back was probably the game changer for us, but realistically we'll never know.

I wish they'd just let 'em play football!!!
                    It is not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it.

Comment

Things that make you go hmmmm......how many would have said could have never happened in the NBA...and yet?.....

I was at that game and let me tell you there were several times when an older Bills fan would either lean over and say "wow you got screwed on that one" or say to his buddy "wow we got away with one there".

On the non-PI call.....on the punt return and when Dumervil was held so much it spun him around the Bills fans around me were pointing and laughing.

Funny isn't it Al Wilson....that that same official was involved in some MAJOR momentum swing calls/non-calls....as I said....things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

By far one of the worst ref'd games I have seen in a very long time. It's one thing to face a QB getting off quick passes, or a quick scat back like Spiller....pretty hard to fight against the zebras as well time after time after time and again calls that swung the momentum huge.

The Bills OTB punt return....all the Bills fans around us were convinced it was coming back....

Royal's TD return.....again Bills fans thought it was a ticky tak call.....

Decker's non-call on what was 3rd down and would have been a huge gain.

Major momentum game changers.

All we can hope for is a fairly called game this Sunday.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Comment

Well, ...

... the Colts beat the Texans on some questionable calls at the end of the the game in Indy.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Phantom block in the back call....I don't even think Rosario touched him

Nope, he touched him alright

left hand to left shoulder...

Textbook illegal block in the shoulder!

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                            Nope, he touched him alright

left hand to left shoulder...

Textbook illegal block in the shoulder!
                            I think the technical term you are looking for is illegal touching.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cdnbroncosfan View Post
                              Things that make you go hmmmm......how many would have said could have never happened in the NBA...and yet?.....

I was at that game and let me tell you there were several times when an older Bills fan would either lean over and say "wow you got screwed on that one" or say to his buddy "wow we got away with one there".

On the non-PI call.....on the punt return and when Dumervil was held so much it spun him around the Bills fans around me were pointing and laughing.

Funny isn't it Al Wilson....that that same official was involved in some MAJOR momentum swing calls/non-calls....as I said....things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

By far one of the worst ref'd games I have seen in a very long time. It's one thing to face a QB getting off quick passes, or a quick scat back like Spiller....pretty hard to fight against the zebras as well time after time after time and again calls that swung the momentum huge.

The Bills OTB punt return....all the Bills fans around us were convinced it was coming back....

Royal's TD return.....again Bills fans thought it was a ticky tak call.....

Decker's non-call on what was 3rd down and would have been a huge gain.

Major momentum game changers.

All we can hope for is a fairly called game this Sunday.

GO BRONCOS!!!!
                              But Simms is calling this game -we're dooomed
                              Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

The missed PI call on Decker changed everything in BUF. If the call is made & DEN goes up 10 or 14 zip, the crowd is out... losing team starts to have air released from their bubble. All that jazz. If a DB touches a WR AFTER 5 YARDS, it's a penalty. Simple as that. We've lost a few games (chi & jax) b/c of that ticky-tak, subjective call. For a call IN FRoNT OF THE WORLD (Not some hold lost in the shuffle of the line of scrimmage), for the DB TO RUN RIGHT INTO DECKER, NOT EVEN TURNING to look for the ball... why that wasn't called is beyond me? No ref can decide that underthrown balls don't deserve the PI? WHAT IS NEXT? A wobbly pass not worthy either? RemeMber when intentional grounding was overruled b/c qb was not under immenent threat of a sack? or the missed PI CALL ON Tebow's final throw vs SD? THERE'S been a few games where opponent hardly even has a single flag thrown on them. This is what ticked me off about the Royal return... After missing the Decker PI, We should have got a break

Comment

Working...
                                X