No announcement yet.

I hate complaining about officiating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was saying in the middle of this game that it reminded me of playing Madden 12 on All Madden. If you start doing well you get a holding penalty, if you return something well you get called for facemask or something, and also if you're driving down the field doing well you get int's and no calls on PI.

So frustrating

Comment

That's what's frustrating... where's the make-up love? Refs missed the Decker PI, THEN they ignor the block in the back on the Buf return TD... BUT NOW SUDDENLY are quick to throw a flag based on something they perceive (er, anticipate) to have happened? Plz. Akin to the makeup strike in baseball, they should not have been quick to flag Den unless it was an OBvIOuS block in back. like NE GAME, both SD GAMES, it seems we get no breaks. 17-0 Buf in 2nd. Refs took 10 to 14 points of the board from Den in 1st half. 4th q would have been played differently if this didnt occur.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Phantom block in the back call....I don't even think Rosario touched him

Cory, props to you for posting these.

And that phantom block by Rosario called by the ref who was never in position to see the call...I was livid by then.

You can look at the score and say the refs couldn't affect the outcome, but in my mind they most certainly did.

Take away the bad non-call during the Bills TD return, take away the Rosario phantom block, and you have a 14 point turnaround right there when the game is still a game.

The non-PI call on Decker was momentum killing.

There were too many blatant mistakes by the refs in the Bills game.

Comment

Originally posted by iggyb View Post
          The non-PI call on Decker was momentum killing.

There were too many blatant mistakes by the refs in the Bills game.
          Key words right there ....
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I don't usually complain about the refs, BUT....

All of those were game-changers.

- The McCelvin TD he was out of bounds, and they held, no call.
            - Rosario barely touches the guy on Royal's TD, penalty.
            - The deep pass to Decker, clear as day PI, no call, would of gone up 10-0 or 14-0 early.
            - Dumervil got held when they got it 1st and Goal at the 8, would of negated that, i think they got a TD on that drive.
            - A few others too, some horrible calls.
            - Tebow got hit below the knees on one as well, no call, absolutely horrible officiating.

Comment

I agree with you guys that all those calls were missed and its crap but one thing I do have to point out is on the Decker non PI call. If Tebow leads him like a good QB should we wouldnt even be talking about that non call. Zebras can hurt a team but the good teams seem to over come all obstacles.

Zebras suck but if we can improve as a team and not have to worry about the stupid refs and we can become a very strong team for the future!

To the refs though...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                I agree with you guys that all those calls were missed and its crap but one thing I do have to point out is on the Decker non PI call. If Tebow leads him like a good QB should we wouldnt even be talking about that non call. Zebras can hurt a team but the good teams seem to over come all obstacles.

Zebras suck but if we can improve as a team and not have to worry about the stupid refs and we can become a very strong team for the future!

To the refs though...
                That's true..Tebow underthrew that ball and gave the Bills defender a golden opportunity to be there for the no-call PI. But at the same time, there are QBs in the league that would have gotten that PI call. They get them on plays where there is no PI.

Comment

you should send those pics to Goodell on twitter. the last 4 games or so especially in Minnesota.... Refs seem to have something against the broncos or tebow. i cant decide.

Comment

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
                    That's true..Tebow underthrew that ball and gave the Bills defender a golden opportunity to be there for the no-call PI. But at the same time, there are QBs in the league that would have gotten that PI call. They get them on plays where there is no PI.
                    Oh I totally agree. If thats Tom Brady that threw that pass instead of Tebow there probably would have been a PI call, roughing the passer and defensive holding call all on the same play.

Worst year yet for the zebras.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      for the DB TO RUN RIGHT INTO DECKER, NOT EVEN TURNING to look for the ball... why that wasn't called is beyond me? No ref can decide that underthrown balls don't deserve the PI? WHAT IS NEXT? A wobbly pass not worthy either?
                      If you watch it, the ball wasn't even underthrown. If there was no PI there it would have went right into Decker's hands!

Comment

I was screaming at the TV on the Punt Return TD about the block in the back by #54. Then I was livid when they then called Rosario for a block in the back on Royal's return.
                        And on the non call on Decker for pass interference on the telecast Simms remarked that it was"good defense" instead of berating the officials that the defender was al lover Decker. I dont know how they dont call PI on that play.
                        A Mile High Salute to the greatest Broncos fan of them all.Tim"Barrelman"McKernan,you have given us so many wonderful memories seeing you in the stands of all the Denver Broncos games over the years supporting the team that we all love

LETS WIN ONE SUNDAY FOR THE BARRELMAN! You will be missed

Comment

I have been watching the Broncos as a fan since '93 when I moved here from L.A. After the two superbowl wins it seems as though the league, refs commentators and everyone else has had it in for the Broncos. As soon as we become a threat, here it comes again. Along with the bad play of late unfortunately.

Did Pat do something to piss off the owners or something?

Comment

I've been saying for years - referees should be subject to fine. If a player or coach can be fined for poor judgment, officials should be held to the same standard. The only way to make them more responsible is to hit them where it hurts: the wallet. It's the only way.

I long for the day when I can hear a broadcaster say "Oh, I think he'll be writing a check to the league office for that bad call!"

This season's officiating has sunk to the level of the NBA.
                            Last edited by SunDevil_Jake; 12-27-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Never raise your hands like that, it draws attention and if the refs didn't see what you did they assume you must have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by tdnmecudawon3 View Post
                                Never raise your hands like that, it draws attention and if the refs didn't see what you did they assume you must have done something.
                                It draws attention to the fact that you aren't touching the guy. that is why it is done.

also, at a fresno state game... i saw all the refs near their car before a game and I stopped, took a dollar out of my pocket... i was about to throw it on the ground in front of them but decided against it... lol. woulda been hilarious

NEXT TIME

Comment

Working...
                                X