X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporting News player poll: It's Newton over Tebow in a landslide

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...in-a-landslide
    sigpic

So it was Marino over Elway once upon a time...

How did that work out?
    "It's been all business. Everybody's asking me where I'm living. I been living over here, living here at the facility."
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drzaius View Post
      So it was Marino over Elway once upon a time...

How did that work out?
      Not stating an opinion on this. Just posting it because I saw it and it relates to Tebow and by extension the Broncos.
      sigpic

Comment

Should be expected, tebow is not putting up the stats of newton along with the fact it seem tebow rubs plenty of players the wrong way
        sigpic
        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

No surprise at all.

Comment

To be honest, I'm surprised 5 non-Broncos picked Tebow.

The question wasn't who'll win more next season, or who will win a Super Bowl first. It was who will have the most career wins. Newton is already a franchise quarterback that is going to start every game next season. He's younger. He's less reliant on his athleticism.

I'm a pretty big supporter of Tebow. I think he's got what it takes. I think he's capable of winning a Super Bowl with us. But if you ask me who's going to win more games over the course of his career, I think I'd take Newton, too.

Comment

I think this Cam vs. Tebow will continue on like a previous poster pointed out the previous comparison between Marino vs Elway back in the day.

Put some more talent around Tim and we'll see what happens.

Demaryius Thomas is starting to come around. Having a go-to TE would also help.
              sigpic

Comment

No way!! That's totally wild man.

Comment

whose idea was it to compare the two?

i never really understood that. I know Cam and Tim were on the same team but it still doesn't make sense to me.
                  Now go get your shine box

Comment

I will base my decision on which player plays for the best franchise with a history of winning, so my money is on Tebow. When Tim puts it together anyone who doesn't think Elway won't give him the players to win with is just kidding themselves.
                    Last edited by tacmale; 12-28-2011, 09:40 PM.
                    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Tebow and Newton were not even in the same draft class. The Broncos not even had a chance to take Newton with the 2nd overall pick. Yea, Newton is much better than Tebow. So what? As if the Broncos had a choice to make between Newton and Tebow. I want to know if "it's Clausen over Tebow in a landslide". Because that was the feeling back in 2010 and both were available when the Broncos made their choice. And I want to know where are those experts that ranked Gabbert ahead of Newton.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Tebow and Newton were not even in the same draft class. The Broncos not even had a chance to take Newton with the 2nd overall pick. Yea, Newton is much better than Tebow. So what? As if the Broncos had a choice to make between Newton and Tebow. I want to know if "it's Clausen over Tebow in a landslide". Because that was the feeling back in 2010 and both were available when the Broncos made their choice. And I want to know where are those experts that ranked Gabbert ahead of Newton.
                        I'd say add Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford to that comparison. The comparison would be which 2010 QB has had a bigger impact on his team.

It would be Tebow in a landslide over Clausen, McCoy and Bradford IMO. Clausen is riding the bench, McCoy hasn't impacted the Browns and their position in the AFC North and Bradford's Rams are in the race for the #1 pick this year.
                        sigpic

Comment

Newton is better. He's amazing though, and he'll be one of the best very soon. It can't be denied that Newton has a much superior offense around him though. Very good line and some good weapons around him.
                          sigpic
                          St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

I'm fine with that, I think Newton is better as well. Broke the rookie passing record and will finish the year with 34+ total TD's.

Comment

And most of the new "winners" in Carolina would say the same thing. But you know what, I know for a fact the reason we're not in the playoffs, is Newton. Cam Newton knows for a fact the reason we're not in the playoffs is Cam Newton. His interceptions and inability to keep his head straight and win easy games that were tied or we were down by three despite having ample opportunities where the defense kept the game close all the way to the very end, have cost Carolina 5-6 games this year. I'd much rather take Tebow and make the playoffs than a million rookie records and over inflated yards stat that's a result of a very well designed offense with exception talent.

Please give me a break. Panthers are done. Broncos are moving on, and the number 1 reason why one's moving forward and the other one is not is: one throws picks, one doesn't. One can finish games, one doesn't. One can win with a lead or comeback from behind. One can mainly win with a lead and if the stars line-up otherwise he cries about it. One's a great motivational leader. One thought he knew what to do but as it turns out it requires our offensive lineman to pick him up late in the game so he doesn't turn into a defeatist while there's still time on the clock and the game is within one score. Newton thinks the world is over if Carolina falls behind.

Cam finally got it right, or so they say, this past Sunday, but it's yet another game where Carolina led against probably the worst team in the NFL at this point in the season. Probably his easiest game of the season.

Only losers who care more about meaningless stats instead of the playoffs or super bowl would say such a thing. I am appalled by the Panthers throwing away a perfectly good season and wasting it on the development of yet another rookie quarterback. It's a nice way of crapping all over your fan base, while you rake in money at the expense of the popularity of a rookie quarterback.

Put Tebow in Carolina's offense day 1 and put Cam Newton in Denver's offense mid-season, and see what happens. Heck put Matt Moore back into this offense and see what would have happened. Newton had to beat Jimmy Clausen for the starting job. It was his before they even drafted him. At least Tebow took the job away from a legitimate NFL starter. And to be honest, until Carolina gets some serious competition at that back-up position, nobody's going light that fire under Cam's ass.
                              Last edited by FanofFootball; 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X