Custom McFarlane Denver Broncos figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeCrush22 View Post
    Nice job SyxxSense! Yeah I need to get back into making customs again. Keep up the great work! Go Broncos! It's TEbow Time!
    Yes you do. Your good at making these too.

Comment

Custom McFarlane Frank Tripucka/Denver Broncos figure

Hi everyone,

I'm back with another custom figure and this one is for the old timers. It is of the Denver Broncos quarterback from the team's very first season, Frank Tripucka. It features the Broncos' first uniforms with those classic "so ugly their beautiful" vertical socks. I also added a lot of grass and mud stains to give it the "game used" look so evident in those early days. I tried to find all the old pictures and video I could to get the uniform perfect, but couldn't find much. I wasn't sure if the jerseys had nameplates on them back then and the only picture I found of the back of the uni's showed that they didn't so I didn't add it.

What do you think?

I also have this figure for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested...
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/McFarlane-Cu...item3370aeeb3d

I will soon be starting on a Demaryius Thomas figure from the Wildcard win over Pittsburgh and then I hope to start on some members from the 70's and 80's Orange Crush Defense, so look out for those! Thanks!

Comment

That is incredible! Awsome job! Uh....requesting you make a Randy Gradishar. Please!

Comment

Looks good! You used the Johnny U. figure didn't you. It works for Tripuka.
          sigpic

Comment

Dang dude you really have a talent for that. Keep those postings coming!

Comment

A Gradishar is planned, along with a Tom Jackson and Karl Mecklenburg. And yes I used a Unitas figure for this one.

Comment

Pretty sweet. You should try a custom Starting Lineup figure.
                sigpic

TZ

Comment

That is awesome!!!

I wonder what Elways 'helicopter spin' in SB XXXII would look like?

Comment

Another great one. Love the game used look.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #28 View Post
                      Pretty sweet. You should try a custom Starting Lineup figure.
                      Those Starting Lineup figures are so little it would be hard to get good detail in them.

Comment

Great work. :thumb:
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMts69 View Post
                          That is awesome!!!

I wonder what Elways 'helicopter spin' in SB XXXII would look like?
                          I actually saw one someone made on Ebay not to long ago. It was really cool!

Comment

That's nice!

One of the three retired jersey numbers. :thumb:

I think Frank played in other uniforms, too. He played 1960-63 and was all pro in 1962, the only non-losing season prior to 1973.

He played in Frank Leahy's Full House T at Notre Dame.
                            Last edited by samparnell; 01-16-2012, 05:14 PM.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              One of the three retired jersey numbers. :thumb:

I think Frank played in other uniforms, too. He played 1960-63 and was all pro in 1962, the only non-losing season prior to 1973.

He played in Frank Leahy's Full House T at Notre Dame.
                              That's right! I have now done figures of all three Broncos players with retired numbers.

You know your stuff. They switched to orange and blue colors in 1962 I believe.

I love the story behind those first uni's and how cash-strapped the team was to start. Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere, but I believe they got the uniforms used and those "unique" socks were bought in clearance sales. Everyone hated them so much that after the team got new uni's, they piled all the old ones up and circled the field with torches and burned them!

Comment

Originally posted by SyxxSynse View Post
                                That's right! I have now done figures of all three Broncos players with retired numbers.

You know your stuff. They switched to orange and blue colors in 1962 I believe.

I love the story behind those first uni's and how cash-strapped the team was to start. Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere, but I believe they got the uniforms used and those "unique" socks were bought in clearance sales. Everyone hated them so much that after the team got new uni's, they piled all the old ones up and circled the field with torches and burned them!
                                Do you have Lionel Taylor yet? He was Frank's favorite receiver, I believe.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X