Denver Broncos - Luckiest Team in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos - Luckiest Team in the NFL

Did a quick search, didn't see this posted.
    6. Denver Broncos (8-7)
    Luck percentage: 28.0
    Adjusted wins: 5.8
    Sorry Denver fans, but to paraphrase "The World According to Garp," in the world where luck isn't a factor, this case is terminal. With more than a quarter of Denver's wins ascribed to good fortune, its division is its only fallback.
    Next luckiest?

3. San Francisco 49ers (12-3)
    Luck percentage: 19.0
    Adjusted wins: 9.7
    Live by the margin, die by the margin. The Niners are behind only one team in regular-season turnover margin in the past 20 years. That team: last season's Patriots, which were "upset" in the playoffs. San Fran gets 6 to 10 points of help per game on turnover margin alone. That's more than design.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...e-greatest-nfl

Can't say I disagree.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

You know what they say..."sometimes it's better to be Lucky than good". We have been VERY fortunate, opportunistic, plain lucky or whatever you want to call it. I agree though...we could have as easily lost the majority of those games we won.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

We've certainly had our fair share of luck, other way around too...

Comment

I don't believe in luck. I believe things happen for a reason.
        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

The Broncos coulf of possibly beaten the Raiders in week one and the Titans if we had a capable QB and there is one more team I am forgetting.

Comment

The last two weeks we have had a string of bad luck...
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

"2. Great QB play defines it: Those luckiest teams were led by Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton again and Matt Ryan. We know that great quarterback is the antidote to many ailments. Denver's luck is clear due to regularly overcoming long odds, but it's also been a product of a quarterback that has dramatically upgraded performance late in games."

Uh oh. Some people are going to start foaming at the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                Did a quick search, didn't see this posted.

Next luckiest?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...e-greatest-nfl

Can't say I disagree.
                Wouldn't it be something if this is the two teams in the Super Bowl 46?.

Superbowl XLVI "According to Garp"

HE>i

Comment

You make your own luck.
                  "When the people fear their Government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears it's people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

3 OT wins is certainly lucky...those usually go 50/50 over time so statistically we should probably be 2-1 at best (and you can say we should be 1-2). But also we had the Bills game where we had a lot of bad luck, and that loss is at least partially attributed to bad officiating. We had a bunch of bad luck last year too, so it all evens out over time.
                    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

I figure the 2008,2009,2010 Jets took the title for luckiest team

Comment

I don't think it has to do with luck. It's just that the team is extremely clutch and
                        makes the most out of every opportunity it gets in crunch time.

Comment

The officiating has negated any "luck" that we might have had recently. So I say its about even.
                          sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

No team gets this far in the playoffs without some kind of luck. A lucky bounce here or a missed call there. Every team that has ever made it to the divisional round gets some kind amounts of lucky breaks during the season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                              I don't believe in luck. I believe things happen for a reason.
                              We don't believe in Luck. We believe in Tebow.

I think maybe some times some things happen for a reason, but I don't think it's a general rule. Then again, I'm not religious.

Comment

Working...
                              X