No announcement yet.

Steelers Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roethlisberger is now and has always been a drama queen. The severity of his limp will depend on how the game is going, if it's a tight competitive game the entire way he'll be fine. If the Broncos get a decent lead he'll start hobbling around, and if the Steelers get a big lead he'll hobble even more to show what a "warrior" he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcarr26 View Post
      i've always wondered why he's still on the team.

dudes fumble shifted the momentum against new england.

when we play them next, :thumb: don't give ball the ball!!
      me too when is the last time the Broncos had a speedy player like darren sproles?

Comment

• all I know is if he is anything like he was on Monday night in San Fran, we could have a perfect chance to pull this win out. No Mendenhall/Harris/maybe Ben they are a veteran team and might handle that well but then again............................they might not

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
          If anything, the spread is friendlier to QB stats. A pro-style offense asks a QB to do more than the spread does. The reason the spread is so popular in the college ranks is because it is hard to find a QB with the talent to execute a pro-style offense.
          Once again this is not exactly true. The spread is not a "dumbed down" offense by any means. You have to be able to recognize coverages and adjust accordingly in order to create zones by adjusting route combinations. It's not like Joe Schmoe can step in and instantly run a spread offense. Most college programs utilize a spread offense to accentuate and athletic quarterback along with getting playmakers the ball by exploiting matchups as well. Why force a guy to remain under center, when you can utilize a +1 advantage on the offensive side and burn the defense by not accounting for the quarterback?
          Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 01-04-2012, 04:24 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• I think there's a good chance if we bench Tebow because the passing game is struggling we'll go from having a running game and no passing game to having no running game AND no passing game.

It's just my opinion though.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• I think he gets outplayed in other phases of the game and due to the style of offense we've been playing with, that position calls for a complete back (McGahee). Blocking, carrying, inside runner etc... but I agree, he does need to be thrown in there to get some touches

Comment

• If Quinn comes in he will have the DEER in the headlights look going on.

Comment

• I don't really know how three runs in a row is Tebow's fault. Or the second half two runs to create a 3rd and long and then a long pass play call.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                    me too when is the last time the Broncos had a speedy player like darren sproles?
                    Excellent point and a good comparison I think. When we were at the Buffalo game he had one touch around the edge for like 9 and we didn't see him again and at the time I was thinking wow to see him live he looks even faster. I agree he could definitely be a very valuable weapon....you know if we could ever call a screen pass....even one....just try it once...you might like it lol

Comment

• Tebow is a big boy. He needs to clean up his own messes.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I've decided to stop my current criticism of Tebow, leading up to the playoff game, regardless of what any of us may think or say, he currently is what he is, he guided the train to the playoffs, he needs to guide them in it...although a heavy dose of the McGahee express would be good as well.

I like what I've heard from both Elway and Tebow this week, they both acknowledge he needs to fire away, hopefully this leads to Tebow not worrying constantly and he just goes out there and plays football.

Comment

• Originally posted by gods6monkeys View Post
                          Tebow struggles partly because of the 3 runs, and a cloud of dust play calling. Can we bench McCoy & Fox for the play calling?

Putting a young QB in 3rd, and long consistently is disastrous.
                          I'm not going to point my finger, but our Offense has been put in too many 3rd and long situations. NFL Defenses love it when they can force the opposing Offense to be predictable. When pass rushers pin their ears back, it's hard to protect any quarterback.

I would love it if they would continue to run the ball when they are getting 4-5 yards a carry. This was working against the Chefs, and then they decided to start throwing the ball and we were behind in the down and distance....again. Every time this happened last weekend we either lost more yardage or were forced to punt.

We're not good enough to fool anyone. We run the football. Stop it if you can.
                          sigpic

Comment

• He can never get in rhythm because they always run on 1st and 2nd down and put him 3rd and long which for a young QB is a lot of pressure. I dont why they always do that..Most of the time it does not work.

I would like to see them throw on 1st downs more often though this upcoming game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
                              yes I know that, but that doesn't change the fact that the spread is a championship winning offense at the Pro level. Bill Parcells actually ran that Erhardt-Perkins offense as well so Charlie Weis isn't exclusive in that regard at all. The fact of the matter is that Brady didn't become the QB he is until the spread was implemented. In 07 with Moss they shattered the league with the spread.
                              How is it a championship winning offense when the Patriots won their championships before changing to the spread? They did have immense success using the spread (for a brief period, their scheme has evolved further since), but there is a big difference between the version of the spread that and what Urban Meyer ran in Florida. Spread concepts were incorporated into the E-P offense. Tebow ran Meyer's offense in college, not the Patriots'. Whereas Quinn ran the Charlie Weis offense.

Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
                              Once again people make the mistake of equating "pretty mechanics" to a successful QB. It's not the end-all be-all, that's part of the reason why Tim is scrutinized and hated so much. How can a guy not have pretty mechanics and win? Brady Quinn may look better throwing, but he lacks a lot of the intangibles and will that Tim has an endless reserve of.
                              You're assigning a team result (wins) to an individual and find a fallacy with logic that there are essential skills that a QB should possess (mechanics, whether they're pretty or not, are a key component).

Elway didn't win as much in college as Vince Young did. Who's the better QB?
                              Winning is a team achievement, not the individual's.

Florida's success would suggest that Jarvis Moss and Derrick Harvey are better DEs than Mario Williams.
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• For some reason I get the feeling that Ball wont be on the team next year. Not sure if JJ is eligible for the practice squad but he probably wont be on the active roster either. Figuring we add one guy in the draft.

JJ comparable to Sproles ya right. He may be a speed back but hes no Sproles.

Comment

Working...
                                X