Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ultraconservative playcalling finally affecting Tims confidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
    I would only believe that if I saw more of his passing in the first half. I will completely agree with an assertion like this when the coaching staff gives him an opportunity to fail completely and without trying to "shelter" him.

Until I see more balanced playcalling in the first half of the game, rather than something like 12 to 4, or 18 to 6 or 20 to 5 (running plays to passing plays), I can't trust the coaches abilities any more than I can trust Tebows.
    They don't call more passing plays because Tim Tebow can't convert 3rd downs, can't even consistently pass for 50% completion rating, and has not developed pocket-awareness.

He's holding the offense hostage.

I'm not giving Mike McCoy a free pass by any means. He's terrible, but handicaps the offense because him and the coaching staff don't believe they can win a game on Tim Tebow's arm.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
      Yeah real impressive. This offense sucks. Good job guys! Have fun getting smoked in the first round.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepOnScuba View Post
        Easy, you go sign Matt Flynn to compete with Tebow for the starting job next year.
        I'd rather sign some of his receivers. Saw Flynn all through college. Nothing special about him at all.

Comment

• The fumble on the 16 yard line was a killer. The game plan was conservative but would have worked except for the turnover. Tebow will come around. He is a major reason we are where we are. You have to give him credit. We are division champs, however you look at it, we finished ahead of the teams with Carson Palmer, Kyle Orton, and Phillip Rivers. The season is a body of work and we won. We stick with Tebow. He earned it.

Comment

• I love Tebow but with the performance the past two games I have serious doubts going into 2012. He had been so indecisive the past two weeks it's been brutal.

I love my Broncos and have the ink to prove it but I fear next week will be a huge disappointment.

Comment

• What a disrespectful post. I'm happy the broncos are in the playoffs but we need to get are act together.
              sigpic

Comment

• How did Tebow lose the New England game?

Comment

• Tebow brought us somewhere where neither Cutler nor Orton did. I'll give him a handshake for that.
                  Eating greedy

Comment

• Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                    You can't run a typical NFL level offense with Tebow. You have to simplify it a bunch which greatly limits the playcalling.
                    They did last year what happened. You know when Tebow threw over 300yrds twice? Oh thats right different coach. amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by asdfjkl View Post
                      Uhhh shouldn't we assume that the coaches set up a game plan that plays to a teams strengths instead of trying to validate whether a qb can hack it passing a whole game? I think the coaches know where Tebow stands passing better than we do.
                      yes. But its obvious that we can't win games consistently playing with that sort of disparity in running/passing.

The argument you are making is similar to the "best chance to win" type of excuse the coaches gave for the reason they were starting Orton.
                      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        It's clearly evident that the ultra-conservative playcalling is BECAUSE OF TIM TEBOW!

He holds this offense hostage because of his inaccuracy and habit to hold on to the ball. Not to mention how jittery he is in the pocket.
                        Then why do the coaches always let Tebow pass alot in the 4th quater with minutes in the game?.
                        HE>i

Comment

• I can't believe how many people are laying all the blame on Tebow. Our passing game is awful, yes. Tebow has been bad, especially the last two weeks, yes. But the ENTIRE passing game is a mess, from the blocking, to the receivers, to the coaching. Tebow plays an important part in that, but it's only one part.
                          The Denver Broncos, aka THE NFL'S NEXT DYNASTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormin View Post
                            The fumble on the 16 yard line was a killer. The game plan was conservative but would have worked except for the turnover. Tebow will come around. He is a major reason we are where we are. You have to give him credit. We are division champs, however you look at it, we finished ahead of the teams with Carson Palmer, Kyle Orton, and Phillip Rivers. The season is a body of work and we won. We stick with Tebow. He earned it.
                            I bet Trent Dilfer thought he earned it too.

He was wrong.

Tebow hasn't earned anything.
                            Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                            No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                            Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

• You're right our QB play is disgusting.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                                Are the Broncos messing up Tim's psyche with the consistent show of nonconfidence and distrust in his abilities? When I watch Tebow, and his progression through this season, I am noticing what seems like a gradually growing lack of confidence. For example, I'm seeing MORE, instead of less, hesitation when throwing the ball, and a sense of unsurety before letting the ball go.

Is it just me or is anybody else seeing it? It's almost like he is paralyzed by uncertainty when stepping back to throw. I don't like that. I also am concerned if in the long run, the kind of coaching philosophy and playcalling used to shelter Tebow is hurting more than helping.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X