Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ultraconservative playcalling finally affecting Tims confidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can anyone be happy with the way we backed in? The D and ST played a great game....the O....not so much when it counted...ie when they need Tim to make a play.

Running great....passing plays beyond ugly.

So ya.,..in the playoffs to what end if Pitts hands us our butts in our house next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      Because incompletions stop the clock.
      Or it could be that we are always down by a TD or two. We are not playing to score, it looks like we are playing to control the game.
      HE>i

Comment

• I feel empty right now....

The defense gives up 7 points and we lose. I think back to the Vikings game and how our offense went toe to toe with their defense.

Where did that fire go? I'm a huge fan of Tebow and it just seems like his confidence is gone. The receivers are getting some separation and Tebow isn't making the throw. To KC's credit, they did cover our receivers pretty tight for most of the game but I don't feel as if Tebow is making the right reads when receivers are OPEN.

I'm really trying to be optimistic right now and am hoping that we have a "secret" playbook that has yet to be seen for the playoffs. I find it hard to believe that Tebow has been our starting QB for 10 weeks and we constantly run the same redundant plays.

As for the playoffs, am I happy that we made it after 6 years? Of course! But what momentum are we riding in on? Is it the offensive coordinator? Heck, how many times do we throw the ball down the field? Going into the playoffs is one thing but being competitive is another.

We have to be real with ourselves, do we really have what it takes to be a contender? My heart says yes (along with my orange colored glasses), my gut tells me, no we're just fooling ourselves.

I hope next week is full of promise and that top secret playbook is opened and executed. If not, it's going to be a long game with us on the losing side of the ball.
        sigpic

Comment

• I thought the Team lost today?

I love how it gets flipped around. If we win, it was in spite of Tebow, but if we lose its all his fault. HE LOST! GRRRR. LOL

Division champs with Tebow a young developing QB at the helm. I will take it and will watch as he gets better.

Comment

• Tebow didn't lose this game by himself. As so many are here to remind us when we win, it's a team game not a single player game. Did he play well? No, but I don't think others played well, either. Last time I looked, 11 players take the field on Offense. If everyone does their job, every play should be successful. We had a lot of plays today, which were not successful at all, which Tebow had nothing to do with.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord of the Broncos View Post
              John,

Please get us a QB this off season, TB is completely lost and inadequate as a starter. Game/Season/Division on the line and all TB can muster is 3 points. Not good enough. He has happy feet, and shows no understanding/confidence in his ability. Make him a TE, or a FB, but PLEASE find us a QB. We have a very good defense, and great players on the offense, but without a good offense then we will just waste it all and be a subpar team for another ten years. Please John DO YOUR JOB and get us a real QB.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Tebow competed 65 percent of his passes to a number of receivers who are now in the NFL and won two national championships. It's ludicrous to say he can't pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadow07 View Post
                  completely agree. Hope all them Tebow fans are happy with this. Yeah we won the division, but we are a pathetic team with a pathetic QB.
                  Wait till Timmy meets Mr. Harrison next week...ouch.
                  Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                  Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                  "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                  Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                  sigpic

Comment

• Telling it like it is does not make you any less of a fan. Don't let people tell you are a bad fan because you don't like certain aspects of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoDonko View Post
                      We now interrupt the whining to remind posters that we just won the AFC West for the first time since '05, with a new coaching staff, a 24-year old QB, one of the youngest offenses in the NFL, and a defense that was the worst in the league last season.

Things are looking up.
                      NO NO NO, this so called bronco fan message board would rather dump on Tebow. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
                        I feel empty right now....

The defense gives up 7 points and we lose. I think back to the Vikings game and how our offense went toe to toe with their defense.

Where did that fire go? I'm a huge fan of Tebow and it just seems like his confidence is gone. The receivers are getting some separation and Tebow isn't making the throw. To KC's credit, they did cover our receivers pretty tight for most of the game but I don't feel as if Tebow is making the right reads when receivers are OPEN.

I'm really trying to be optimistic right now and am hoping that we have a "secret" playbook that has yet to be seen for the playoffs. I find it hard to believe that Tebow has been our starting QB for 10 weeks and we constantly run the same redundant plays.

As for the playoffs, am I happy that we made it after 6 years? Of course! But what momentum are we riding in on? Is it the offensive coordinator? Heck, how many times do we throw the ball down the field? Going into the playoffs is one thing but being competitive is another.

We have to be real with ourselves, do we really have what it takes to be a contender? My heart says yes (along with my orange colored glasses), my gut tells me, no we're just fooling ourselves.

I hope next week is full of promise and that top secret playbook is opened and executed. If not, it's going to be a long game with us on the losing side of the ball.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Apparrently John Elway has more authority than the "Lord of the Broncos"! haha
                          Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

• Originally posted by shadow07 View Post
                            completely agree. Hope all them Tebow fans are happy with this. Yeah we won the division, but we are a pathetic team with a pathetic QB.

Then you should have let him pass. 40+ every game period, find out if hes good enough. You know something they did with Newton. But I keep forgetting every qb in the league has good receivers and atleast 1 pro-bowler on there team, except yours.

Didn't you find it funny when Bowe went out, so did Ortons passing game. Defense didn't do squat to rush Orton. He had all day. was throwing passes behind receivers, was funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoDonko View Post
                              We now interrupt the whining to remind posters that we just won the AFC West for the first time since '05, with a new coaching staff, a 24-year old QB, one of the youngest offenses in the NFL, and a defense that was the worst in the league last season.

Things are looking up.
                              Optimism at it's best. Thanks for the post! :thumb:

Comment

• I think "lucky" is the key word. We'll see how it goes, but... ouch...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X