Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ultraconservative playcalling finally affecting Tims confidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
    I'm thoroughly disgusted to be a Broncos fan right now. I don't really think there has been a time I've been more ashamed to be associated as a fan of any team. You guys savage a rookie QB that had to start way before he was ready even though he had a 7-4 record as starter this year. You guys want to fire a coach that led a 4-12 team to an 8-8 team without a proper offseason, a team that most people thought would have a negative record and would be rebuilding for a long time. You guys want to criticize a front office that has drastically replenished a depleted talent pool, and made the future promising? I've seen multiple fans say they are embarrassed of this team that did pretty well considering our expectations at the beginning of the year. But the worst thing I've seen is multiple fans here rooting not only for specific players to fail but for our team to fail. It seems pretty apparent that this negative reaction to some recent woes, and the lack of support at a hard time where the team needs supports, just shows that a good deal of fans don't deserve such a great team and organization.

And as of right now, the Chargers just beat the Raiders, so I might be the only one but I'm thrilled that the Broncos are back.
    Agreed 100%. We are in the playoffs, no one expected us to win 6 games, yet no one is happy. It is embarrassing!

Comment

• Originally posted by pappy97 View Post
      some of them, but that is the case in all nfl games. the recievers could be better, but it was stated by the announcers and shown on plenty of occasions that receivers were open and he either missed them or didnt throw it at all. that is just a skill of reading defenses and seeing the whole field. some qb's get better at it, but most good one have a nack for that. i dont think he does.
      I don't think I've ever watched a game where the receivers were open less.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHUMP-to-CHAMP View Post
        Go listen to champ talk after the game...He sounds like a lot of us fans
        Heard his post game interview....yup he is just as disgusted as we are....the whole team needs to pull it's collective head out of it's ass....

They all could've played better and they know it. Tebow included.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
          Straight and to the point! The two teams that played in Oakland today looked like they could legitimately win a playoff game.
          Didn't the Broncos beat those two teams with Tebow as the starter?

Comment

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
            Nope Tebow is pathetic! He is not a QB and sucks at running any type of an offense! He wouldn't start for my semi pro team cause he's that bad! Shoots I seen highschool QB throw the ball better than he ever will! I just can't wait till Tim gets dropped like a ton of bricks so all his fans can disappears with his pathetic sorry excuse for QB self
            The same can be said for you as a fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by HardlyNormal View Post
              He won that first Championship while holding a clipboard on the sideline, bro.
              He was not on the sideline holding the clipboard, bro. He was the power back on 3rd downs and inside the 10 yard line. Pretty much what Blake Bell is at OU this year. Urban Meyer would pull Chris Leak anytime Florida would get into a short yardage situation.
              A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                Sighs.. How many of these types of threads are needed?
                LOTS! To the 999999999999999 power!

Too many single digit IQ types here coupled with extremely thick skulls means the message needs to be repeated often.

Still, I hold out little hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                  Tebow didn't lose this game by himself. As so many are here to remind us when we win, it's a team game not a single player game. Did he play well? No, but I don't think others played well, either. Last time I looked, 11 players take the field on Offense. If everyone does their job, every play should be successful. We had a lot of plays today, which were not successful at all, which Tebow had nothing to do with.
                  Please explain to me how Tebow didnt lose this game all by himself.

- McGahee had 152 yards on the ground, averaging 5.2 per carry
                  - Our receivers did not have one drop
                  - Our offensive line only allowed 2 sacks, both of them were Tebow's fault, and gave Tim ALL DAY to find receivers
                  - Our defense gave up a whopping 7 points
                  - Our team only had 6 penalties, none of them very costly

On the other hand, Tebow:

- Fumbled in the red zone
                  - Passed for all of 60 yards. 60 yards!
                  - Missed wide open opportunities ALL GAME
                  - Completed 6 passes on 27 pass plays called (6/22, 2 sacks, 3 scrambles)
                  - Showed a complete and utter lack of confidence
                  - Played more apathetic than Orton

It was truly a sad sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                    yeah with what 5 years to Tebows how many games?.
                    Coming out of college people knew that Smith could throw, everyone passed on a heisman winner and 2 time champion (lulz) and he fell to 24th, even though nobody even had him in the first round. We were stupid to take him that early in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by thundercty View Post
                      Heard his post game interview....yup he is just as disgusted as we are....the whole team needs to pull it's collective head out of it's ass....

They all could've played better and they know it. Tebow included.
                      The "team" played well.....Tebow could not make a play when it counted. Pretty simple....D was better, ST's was better and RB's were great.......only leaves one area of fail......

Comment

• Originally posted by dork54 View Post
                        Tebow competed 65 percent of his passes to a number of receivers who are now in the NFL and won two national championships. It's ludicrous to say he can't pass.
                        cade mc nown put up awesome numbers in college, too. the difference is that in college, the top flight schools have wr's getting open by 20 feet because they are often being covered by guys who either never play in the nfl or are short lived.
                        "Obviously, he's got a great following and there's a lot to Tim Tebow....what he is as a man. And I think that's why he has such a great following....But the bottom line is ... to put the best football players on that field that give us the best chance to win."-John Elway

Comment

• Glad you are disgusted in the fan base....I'm disgusted in this worthless excuse for a playoff team....I'd rather not be in at this than have backed into the playoffs at 8-8....

The people who should really be disgusted, ashamed and hanging their heads in shame is the players of this team....over the last 3 weeks we've been garbage in all 3 aspects of the game (aside from solid defensive play against a bad offensive team today)

This team should be embarrassed to be in the playoffs because lord knows they don't deserve it!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach9 View Post
                            I'd rather sign some of his receivers. Saw Flynn all through college. Nothing special about him at all.
                            That may be, but exactly how many 480 yard, 6 TD games has Tebow had in the NFL? All I'm saying is bring in someone to compete with him and/or give us a backup plan if Tebow goes South. And do it without mortgaging our future trying to draft some unproven rookie.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
                              Straight and to the point! The two teams that played in Oakland today looked like they could legitimately win a playoff game.

Our defense played well while the offense never showed up. Next week will be a HUGE measuring stick of where this organization is going. I don't want to be Pitt's stepping stone next week but if there is not a miraculous turn around from this week's play, that's exactly what we're going to be.

Be real folks....something has to change, This three and out offense isn't going to beat anyone in the playoffs!
                              Be real folks, are we supposed to be in the playoffs? Did you think we'd be in the playoffs? Especially after a 1-4 start? Be Real folks!

Comment

• running the ball with 4 mins left in the 4th and the thread says "Tebow lost another one"..... /facepalm

Comment

Working...
                                X