Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ultraconservative playcalling finally affecting Tims confidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ultraconservative playcalling finally affecting Tims confidence?

Are the Broncos messing up Tim's psyche with the consistent show of nonconfidence and distrust in his abilities? When I watch Tebow, and his progression through this season, I am noticing what seems like a gradually growing lack of confidence. For example, I'm seeing MORE, instead of less, hesitation when throwing the ball, and a sense of unsurety before letting the ball go.

Is it just me or is anybody else seeing it? It's almost like he is paralyzed by uncertainty when stepping back to throw. I don't like that. I also am concerned if in the long run, the kind of coaching philosophy and playcalling used to shelter Tebow is hurting more than helping.
    Hindering
    65.28%
    Helping
    20.83%
    Don't know, can't answer...
    13.89%
    Last edited by Shsonline; 01-01-2012, 04:30 PM.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

The playcalling is conservative because if Tebow's first read is covered he becomes a liability.

The playcalling is bad because the QB play is bad.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Play calling was also bad in Carolina.

Comment

I think so, Trying to change him to much to soon, let him develop. He is basically a rookie QB.

Comment

that play calling was worse than Tebow today!

Comment

I think its the other way around. But Tebow does need to learn how to read a defense better. It will come with time something the fans should give him

Comment

It wouldn't hurt us to take a look at RG3 to be honest...Get Norv in here once they can him in SD and begin working on a rebuild of the offense. Wins are great....when you get them. If Cam Newton had our defense he would be in the playoffs too. Heck, we would probably have a fair shot at winning something if we would have some balance and consistency on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

not one pass play on first down until late fourth quarter. In fact the only pass plays that were called were obvious passing downs. McCoy tells the defense exactly what he is doing. Do we even want him calling the playoff game?
                sigpic

Comment

It is a combination of both bad playcalling and poor play by Tebow.

End of thread ....

Comment

No, but I think Fox beating into his head to not turn the ball over is making him play ultra conservative when passing.

Comment

with those receivers....what else can you call ????

Comment

I mean if Tebow was a 2nd or 3rd year quarterback and he was still unable to read a defense then you can worry and start to complain, but for a QB with under 16 starts in under his belt we should wait it out. The playcalling is horrid

Comment

What abilities do you speak of?The defense allowed 7 points. Really, that should be enough to win a virtual playoff game. 200 yards running, what more could a QB ask for?

Comment

The play calling is effecting the whole team. It's been horrible for weeks.
                            I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

Comment

You can't run a typical NFL level offense with Tebow. You have to simplify it a bunch which greatly limits the playcalling.

Comment

Working...
                              X