Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Important Stat in Football - QB Turnover %

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most Important Stat in Football - QB Turnover %


    Probably the most important stat in football. QB Turnovers....
    (Total INT's + Fumbles Lost) / (Total Pass att + Rush att)

    1) Rodgers may have best season in NFL history. Turns over ball 1/100 attempts
    2) Top 2 QB's have byes in NFC (Rodgers and Alex Smith)
    3) 11 of the 16 teams (top 50% of NFL) are in the playoffs
    4) 12 of top 17 in playoffs (lowest seed Denver #17)
    5) All but 2 teams in top 50% of league have winning record. (STL & CAR)
    6) No team in bottom 50% of league has record better than 8-8
    7) Most Turnovers (Fitzpatrick 28, Freeman 25, Sanchez 24, Grossman/Rivers 22).

    Tebow was ranked #3 before the Patriots game.

    If somebody can help me out please post this screen print in the forum instead of as an attachment.
    Last edited by Rockies3384; 01-02-2012, 11:09 AM.
    Go Broncos!!!

  • #2
    make it a bigger image, its tiny after download and unreadable.

    it takes two seconds to upload to photo bucket and just cut and paste it right into your post if that helps. Ill do it if you can provide a better image.

    where is Tebow ranked after the last 3 games?

    Comment


    • #3
      It's baffling as to why Tebow started committing turnovers left and right. Maybe it's just because defenses are figuring out our passing offense and Tebow's tendencies in terms of scrambling. Regardless he has always been a low turnover QB and I think that is one of his biggest strengths going into next year.
      sigpicthanks Freyaka

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
        It's baffling as to why Tebow started committing turnovers left and right. Maybe it's just because defenses are figuring out our passing offense and Tebow's tendencies in terms of scrambling. Regardless he has always been a low turnover QB and I think that is one of his biggest strengths going into next year.
        It's a mystery inside a riddle wrapped in a conundrum.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
          It's baffling as to why Tebow started committing turnovers left and right. Maybe it's just because defenses are figuring out our passing offense and Tebow's tendencies in terms of scrambling. Regardless he has always been a low turnover QB and I think that is one of his biggest strengths going into next year.
          It's because he's not careful with the ball and teams figured out a month ago he always goes left.
          sigpic

          Hooray, beer!

          Comment


          • #6
            Okay I got it to work now!!! thanks for your help Mk2_Tebow.

            Tebow went from 3rd to 17th in 3 weeks!
            Go Broncos!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
              Okay I got it to work now!!! thanks for your help Mk2_Tebow.

              Tebow went from 3rd to 17th in 3 weeks!
              He didn't play the first 4 1/2 game remember?

              Comment


              • #8
                look up Peyton Mannings first season.... He was probably the biggest turnover machine in the history of the NFL
                I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The turnovers are easily explained I think.

                  It is just a rough stretch.

                  It happens to almost everyone. Look at Philip Rivers this year. Young QB's almost turn it over alot, and even veterans like Rivers can have bad stretches. For the most part he has done a great job on not turning it over, but the last few trips its been real bad. He will get it sorted out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                    Okay I got it to work now!!! thanks for your help Mk2_Tebow.

                    Tebow went from 3rd to 17th in 3 weeks!
                    He is probably settling in where he belongs on the list, like a Golfer who torches the front 9 and then comes back down to reality in the back nine.

                    He is not the best but not the worst either.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wait, so Newton's percentage is better then Tebow's? Uh oh. There goes that argument.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        Wait, so Newton's percentage is better then Tebow's? Uh oh. There goes that argument.
                        Extrapolate Tebow's pass attempts to Newton's pass attempts and Tebow turns the ball over 2 or 3% more than Newton.
                        sigpic

                        Hooray, beer!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Extrapolate Tebow's pass attempts to Newton's pass attempts and Tebow turns the ball over 2 or 3% more than Newton.
                          I think its unfair to compare Tebow to Cam Newton. Tebow was picked #25 in draft Newton was #1.
                          Go Broncos!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                            1) Rodgers may have best season in NFL history. Turns over ball 1/100 attempts
                            2) Top 2 QB's have byes in NFC (Rodgers and Alex Smith)
                            EXACTLY! check out Alex Smith first 3 years in the NFL as SFO quarterback, awful! Again...half a season does not make a great quarterback
                            I believe in Tebow!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He quickly moved from 3rd to 17th, because of the lack of attempts.
                              Go Broncos!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X