• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoryWinget81
    five thousand, 800 and uh
    • Dec 2006

Two things really obvious...

Tebow panics at the first sight of the opposite jersey. He could've take a half step up in the pocket and hit Decker for 1st and goal.

Second thing: Why are we not getting these very obvious calls? Last week was horrible. This week wasn't as bad, but this is just as about blatant as they come.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!
  • kingelway7
    Playmaker
    • Apr 2010

"A good no call"???

So its OK it grab the facemask as long as you dont pull it? Sims is a dolt.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Phear the Phish
      Practice Squad
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      Tebow panics at the first sight of the opposite jersey.
      This is absolutely untrue, and I have no idea why people continue to state this lie. Tebow doesn't take off and run nearly as much as he used to when his receivers are blanketed. Now he waits for a receiver to come open, which is why he spends so much time dancing in the pocket-- because they don't.

Comment

• shardar
        Bench Warmer
        • Oct 2007

There are many things that you can say about Tebow - but not that he's afraid of opposing Defenders.
        sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

• JJBroncoFan
          Ring of Famer
          • Dec 2011

I realize this is just one play, but he had no where to go with the ball. The outside guys were going deep and the only short quick route was covered. Add to that the rush gets there so quick you cant blame him. He does try too hard sometimes, but this is a great example of not helping out your very raw, young qb.
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• WWTD
            Practice Squad
            • Sep 2011

I'm still pretty sore about the non-call. I cant really explkain how that was missed.

Comment

• catsigater
              Bench Warmer
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
              "A good no call"???

Well, he did eventually see the double facemask after it was slowed down and replayed a couple times.

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
                The Future is Upon us!!!
                • Sep 2011

Tebow panics at the first sight of the opposite jersey. He could've take a half step up in the pocket and hit Decker for 1st and goal.

Second thing: Why are we not getting these very obvious calls? Last week was horrible. This week wasn't as bad, but this is just as about blatant as they come.
                I like the fact that the corner/safety went at his head with the crown of his helmet after he threw the ball but missed so that wasn't a penalty.
                sigpic

Comment

• dipablo
                  Protector of the Realm
                  • Oct 2007

Dude i so agree! Tebow needs to improve as a pocket QB all he had to do was just step up and not panic on a lot of plays. But i think this is something he can get better on.

And for the 3rd week in a row the refs really did steer the outcome of the game. it seriously seems like the refs are against the Broncos. Drives me up the walls
                  Out of Order - BCMB Div I 2023 Champ | TD for Sutton - BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

• kingelway7
                    Playmaker
                    • Apr 2010

Um, he did step up but Hali came around and grabbed his face mask and then Tebow ran. As a whole he does need to step up and stay chill. Lately he has been stepping up and then immediately retreating.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• JJBroncoFan
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Phear the Phish View Post
                      This is absolutely untrue, and I have no idea why people continue to state this lie. Tebow doesn't take off and run nearly as much as he used to when his receivers are blanketed. Now he waits for a receiver to come open, which is why he spends so much time dancing in the pocket-- because they don't.
                      I dont think it is to imply he is afraid, but his quarterbacking process breaks down and he cant think about what he sees. He then goes strait to instincts, which has lead to some great plays and some horrible plays. I believe that is all an experience thing and will get better with time.
                      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                        team preacher
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                        "A good no call"???

Simms retracted what he said. It went something like this: "He first grabs the facemask, spins his head around, then grabs the helmet from behind. I was wrong, that should have been a penalty."
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• horsesense
                          Playmaker
                          • Jul 2003

They also missed an obvious face mask penalty against Decker that wouldve put us in FG range. Im not usually one to ***** about penalties as they normally even out, but the last couple of weeks have left me wondering. The BS illegal block called on Royals punt return in the Buffalo game is a perfect example of what should be a non-call. Looking forward to our first playoff game in too long this Sunday, and hoping for one of those "fluke" breakout games every team experiences at least once during the season. Maybe we have saved ours for the playoffs.
                          GO BRONCOS!!

Comment

• Orange_Crush
                            Practice Squad
                            • Nov 2005

I agree with you on the no calls. It is getting ridiculous, seriously. Guaranteed if any other QB was in the backfield, it would have been called. The holding has been horrendous lately, and there have been no calls that way either. For whatever reason, the Broncos have never been what I would call "fairly" officiated.
                            It is not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it.

Comment

• Orange_Crush
                              Practice Squad
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Simms retracted what he said. It went something like this: "He first grabs the facemask, spins his head around, then grabs the helmet from behind. I was wrong, that should have been a penalty."
                              I seriously do not like Simms. I would be tickled to death if he never called another game of ours. I thought he would have lightened up on the Broncos a little bit since his son played here for a little while...but no...he's the same dummy as usual. I can't stand the guy.
                              It is not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X