• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • underrated29
    Why did the fans get Dumb
    • Feb 2006

Re-attach the blinders folks.

Did you see the games? Did you? I mean all of our other great QBs led us to the playoffs.

Cutler was great at QB, pocket passing and just passing a hard ball. But dont take your blinders off because he never got us to a playoff game. Didnt he also only lead us to a whopping 3 points against the bolts?

Kyle is also a great pocket QB when he is not falling down. He also throws a sexy spiral. But for the love of god do not take your blinders off, otherwise we will forget that he in 3 years also never got us to a playoff game.

Chris Simms- did wonders as a pocket passer for us for a game and a half. He deserves a pass imo, and a kidney, or a spleen. I think he lost both when he was with Tampa.

Brady Quinn-You can keep your blinders for him. 'Nuff said

Who am I leaving out?....Someone? Someone has certianly helped lead us to the playoffs. Why cant I find him though? Oh, its because my blinders are on. I think I will just keep them on and see how far we go. Because as of right now he is the only one in 6 years to accomplish this feat?
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT
  • RockyMtnConvert
    Special Teams
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    Did you see the games? Did you? I mean all of our other great QBs led us to the playoffs.

Cutler was great at QB, pocket passing and just passing a hard ball. But dont take your blinders off because he never got us to a playoff game. Didnt he also only lead us to a whopping 3 points against the bolts?

Kyle is also a great pocket QB when he is not falling down. He also throws a sexy spiral. But for the love of god do not take your blinders off, otherwise we will forget that he in 3 years also never got us to a playoff game.

Chris Simms- did wonders as a pocket passer for us for a game and a half. He deserves a pass imo, and a kidney, or a spleen. I think he lost both when he was with Tampa.

Who am I leaving out?....Someone? Someone has certianly helped lead us to the playoffs. Why cant I find him though? Oh, its because my blinders are on. I think I will just keep them on and see how far we go. Because as of right now he is the only one in 6 years to accomplish this feat?
    Word.

The NFL, the best of the best have stepped up and put our QB in position he is not ready to overcome..... yet...... I simply cannot believe people are dumping on a guy like Tebow when we are playing a playoff game next week.... The guy did not run his mouth about how great he was going to be, and now struggling looks like doof... he has been humble, team player that has helped this team win....

Good Lord, I thought thought the Bills board was crazy.... we are lambasting our 1st year QB and ready to toss him to the curb.... geez, this place....

Will Tebow be the future..... who knows.... am I excited to see him learn and progress in this leagure and for our team because I think he is unique and special... you bet.....
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• edens_apple
      Practice Squad
      • Jan 2005

Plus, he's made our team great at one thing and that's running the football, When was the last time this team was #1 in anything?
      sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

• AC1
        Playmaker
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

The part in bold is in really poor taste. Besides, you don't prop up one guy by running down others.

The running game and defense have been bigger components of the playoff run than Tebow (who is doing a great job managing the game for the most part). Of the QBs in your list at least one, Cutler, would definitely have had us in the playoffs with this running game and defense. Heck he got us to the same record (as did Orton) with the worst defense in the league and 8 RBs on IR (among other injuries). 8-8 wasn't good enough for the playoffs in 2008 and 2009, but was good enough for it in 2011.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• shygirl
          Bench Warmer
          • Oct 2009

Would orange colored glasses suffice?
          Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Comment

• BroncoFanNC
            Playmaker
            • May 2010

Sadly, without Phillip Rivers we probably don't make the playoffs, so I'm not sure it's Tebow who led us there.

Cutler, Orton, Tebow, all 3 game collapses at the end of the season....
            sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
              The MOD Who Laughs
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
              The part in bold is in really poor taste. Besides, you don't prop up one guy by running down others.

The running game and defense have been bigger components of the playoff run than Tebow (who is doing a great job managing the game for the most part). Of the QBs in your list at least one, Cutler, would definitely have had us in the playoffs with this running game and defense. Heck he got us to the same record (as did Orton) with the worst defense in the league and 8 RBs on IR (among other injuries). 8-8 wasn't good enough for the playoffs in 2008 and 2009, but was good enough for it in 2011.
              I love how that is always brought up yet McGahee our running back said in his interview he loves this spread option because D's are focusing on Tebow also. So it can be said that the Run game improved because of Tebow, which is part of the reason we won games.

And 8-8 was good enough to win the division in 08, but he loss the wrong 8 games since we lost the tie breaker to the Chargers.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

• underrated29
                Why did the fans get Dumb
                • Feb 2006

Its true not poor taste. Simms got destroyed and lost a kidney or spleen or both. Same with Ryan Clark when he played here in den er 6 years ago. Fact.

As for Cutler and the other guys, if we had, what if, guys hurt, defense playing well we could play that game with any qb on any team in the league.

Its no coincidence that our d magically started playing well and we went from near worst to first in the run game. Fact. But moral of the story is only one out pf three have gotten us there. One whose played less games than all three
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Hutch24
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2011

Your post is right, but I miss Cutler. I think Cutler would have lead us somewhere. Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis. What could of been.
                  From Lafayette, enough with this bandwagon nonsense.

Comment

• gcmath
                    Practice Squad
                    • Oct 2006

These posts are always, What if or coulda, woulda, shoulda. It is what it is.

Comment

• Rockies3384
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Sep 2006

Its GREAT! There are really only 6 or so good qb's and the rest of them are a crapshoot. When will people get it that its not a big deal if you throw for 300 yards and lose? Granted Tebow does need to improve, but dang... the dude got us to the playoffs!!! Cutler will never win anything, Orton will never do anything! Who cares if you can throw a pretty ball.
                      Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Oct 2011

Cutler was playing in the NFC Championship last year. Cutler is better than every quarterback that the Denver Broncos have had before and since Elway. Don't forget that he was playing on a team giving 28 points per game.

If he was still on this team, we'd be 13-3.
                        Last edited by PunchDrunk; 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                          Its GREAT! There are really only 6 or so good qb's and the rest of them are a crapshoot. When will people get it that its not a big deal if you throw for 300 yards and lose? Granted Tebow does need to improve, but dang... the dude got us to the playoffs!!! Cutler will never win anything, Orton will never do anything! Who cares if you can throw a pretty ball.
                          Tebow needs to completely reinvent himself as a quarterback. This option offense that we have had success with has been exposed.

I don't think you understand the significance of the transformation in front of him.

I still say give him 2012 but if he plays like he is right now, he'll be boo'd out of the stadium.

Comment

• vcooper3
                            Practice Squad
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                            Cutler was playing in the NFC Championship last year. Cutler is better than every quarterback that the Denver Broncos have had before and since Elway. Don't forget that he was playing on a team giving 28 points per game.

If he was still on this team, we'd be 13-3.
                            I agree that Cutler was probably the best QB post Elway, but you have to take onto consideration that the Bears went to the SB with Rex Grossman a few season before Cutler got there.
                            sigpic

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by vcooper3 View Post
                              I agree that Cutler was probably the best QB post Elway, but you have to take onto consideration that the Bears went to the SB with Rex Grossman a few season before Cutler got there.
                              I'll give you that as long as you concede the fact that they were 7-3 with him and 1-5 without him this year. He was the primary reason for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X