Post game rants---Pittsburgh--Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phear the Phish View Post
    I'm not familiar with the rules, but I didn't know it was legal to aim at someone's knees. In fact, I thought there was some kind of rule against it.
    It's legal when the target is a ball carrier.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
      One thing I can say about this coaching staff. There is no such thing as a "Camp Body" or a "PS" player. They will play who ever earns it. I LOVE THAT!!!
      I think it was more of other players not playing all that great but you're right. Bush played very well against some very good WR's. Also I hope our CB's are Champ 1 Harris 2 and Syd'Quan Nickle next year
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Everything MH is saying is fair, and true.

It's nearly impossible for a guy to prove he's a franchise QB in just one season as a starter. Brady did it; Roethlisberger did it; maybe Cam Newton just did it.

Tebow has not proven he's a franchise QB yet. He's earned next season, not a blank check.

But like MH said, he's proven he's capable. He just put up 300+ yards passing, 50 yards rushing, 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing), and 0 turnovers against the best defense in the NFL, in the playoffs.

Now he's got to put in the work and the time to become consistent. Not uncommon for a young QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          One thing I can say about this coaching staff. There is no such thing as a "Camp Body" or a "PS" player. They will play who ever earns it. I LOVE THAT!!!
          And you have to keep earning it! No more Marquand Manuel suckage being acceptable.
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• U know, personally I can't complain about the ref'ing. We're there some missed calls? Yes, but on both sides. There were also some great calls as well, like the Brown no-catch or the PI call that put us deep in Steeler territory. Also they gave us a pass on a no-PI call, that most ref's would have given the Squeelers btw, that stopped a drive and only resulted in a Squeelers FG. So I know they can't make every call and the missed face mask calls need to looked at by the board in NY, but personally I believe it was a fairly even called game.
            #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoDonko View Post
              Everything MH is saying is fair, and true.

It's nearly impossible for a guy to prove he's a franchise QB in just one season as a starter. Brady did it; Roethlisberger did it; maybe Cam Newton just did it.

Tebow has not proven he's a franchise QB yet. He's earned next season, not a blank check.

But like MH said, he's proven he's capable. He just put up 300+ yards passing, 50 yards rushing, 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing), and 0 turnovers against the best defense in the NFL, in the playoffs.

Now he's got to put in the work and the time to become consistent. Not uncommon for a young QB.
              This is my favorite post from you. Very awesome.
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Tim Tebow is living proof! Never let any tell you that you can't do something. Never let them tell you that you can't make your dream come true! Push for that dream never give up, Work hard and prove the haters wrong! Believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything if you put your heart,mind and everything into it! GO BRONCOS!!!! =]

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  I consider being 5th in points allowed a top 5 defense. I wouldn't care if a team ran for 9,000 yards on Denver, if they are held to 14 points I would be happy.
                  That's you, that's not me.

A top defense stops teams from running and passing the ball.

Teams did not score a lot of points against the Browns because they didn't need to score a lot against the Browns.

If a team can only muster a couple of field goals in an entire game and are guaranteed not to score any touchdowns.

You don't need more than 10 points to beat that team.

For instance, do you really need 30 points when the team that you are against can't even put up 10?

If teams wanted to score more points against the Browns, they easily could have. They chose not to because they did not have to.

The Browns defense could not stop anyone. Teams were able to control the clock against the Browns because they were able to run at will against them. With the Browns failing to stop the run, teams were able to have 6, 7 even 8 minute drives against the Browns. Slowly and methodically moving the ball down the field against the Browns.

Controlling the clock and dominating your opponents in the run game does not necessarily equal a lot of points.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eye of The Ball View Post
                    I don't think it was dirty. On the highlights on nfl.com, they said "That's what happens when you don't wear pads there". They also I think quoted him (harrison) as saying something about preferring to go high since it was safer for the receiver, but he got loads of penalties for going too high.
                    By going high, the reference is to go after a target's head.

You do realize that the vast majority of a person's body is above the knees, and below the head, right?

I guess it was just outright impossible to target Decker's torso.

Kudos to one of the most fined players in league history for not hitting his targets torso!
                    sigpic

Comment

• He's a good strong boy!

Comment

• Awesome freaking video!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          I think it was more of other players not playing all that great but you're right. Bush played very well against some very good WR's. Also I hope our CB's are Champ 1 Harris 2 and Syd'Quan Nickle next year
                          I'm with you on that.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Well Megatron went to UG and Thomas went to GT so it makes sense that Bey Bey is Optimus Prime is Calvin is Megatron.
                            No matter what, I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              And you have to keep earning it! No more Marquand Manuel suckage being acceptable.
                              Aint that the truth.
                              sigpic

Comment

• That was really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X