No announcement yet.

Post game rants---Pittsburgh--Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is old news, that was posted on NFL.com yesterday or Monday.

Just a hack internet writer, trying to take an old story and give it legs....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ay-vs-steelers

League says Broncos lined up legally on OT play vs. Steelers
    By Dan Hanzus NFL.com
    Published: Jan. 10, 2012 at 02:30 p.m
    Last edited by yaz96; 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM.
    Where is this season going?

Comment

• Realistically, it made no difference in the play. No advantage was gained by the Broncos due to the "illegal" formation. I hate it when a penalty that didn't affect the outcome of a play negates it. That's something that soccer officiating has gotten right...
      "That's a crap question."
      - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
        This is old news, that was posted on NFL.com yesterday or Monday.

Just a hack internet writer, trying to take an old story and give it legs....
        It may have been an article on NFL.com, but it wasn't posted here on these boards and I just happened to see it on Yahoo today.

So regardless, it's worth posting just to see how others interpret it (if nothing else).
        sigpic

Comment

• If the head of offciating said it was not illegal and a flag should not have been thrown then this thread should be locked up. Only call they should review for this game is the fumble the steelers had in their own territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
            Realistically, it made no difference in the play. No advantage was gained by the Broncos due to the "illegal" formation. I hate it when a penalty that didn't affect the outcome of a play negates it. That's something that soccer officiating has gotten right...
            I wish Football would somehow incorporate the "Play the Advantage" rule from Soccer. It would change the game for the better, I think.

However, it would have to go through possible years of growing pains...
            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
              I liked this one with a live reaction in the stadium as it happened:

Note the Steelers idiot yelling "Tebow Sucks....Tebow Sucks......" right before DT and Tebow connect
              The guy in the video looks like Fox!

Comment

• I did a search. There are other sources, but here's two of them:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ay-vs-steelers

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_775952.html

EDIT: I see yaz found one of them.
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Take a look and judge for yourself. He is noticeably further back from the LoS then the rest of the o-line.

I've seen them call ends as lining up illegally as receivers because they were an inch or two too far away from the tackle and therefore split out as a receiver.

It IS nitpicking, but refs have nitpicked plenty in big games, crowding the absolute letter of the rules...
                  thats the TV angle, look at the line judge at the top of the screen. He was closest to are tight end. If there was an issue the flag would have come out.

Comment

• I'd be more worried about the fact that not only did Tim rip his helmet off, he went to the ground in celebration......
                    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      It may have been an article on NFL.com, but it wasn't posted here on these boards and I just happened to see it on Yahoo today.

So regardless, it's worth posting just to see how others interpret it (if nothing else).
                      I meant that the "writer" of this story stole it.....
                      Where is this season going?

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
                        I'd be more worried about the fact that not only did Tim rip his helmet off, he went to the ground in celebration......
                        Game was over at that point. It didn't matter.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
                          I'd be more worried about the fact that not only did Tim rip his helmet off, he went to the ground in celebration......
                          The second the TD was scored the game was over. So he could do what he wanted.
                          "It's been all business. Everybody's asking me where I'm living. I been living over here, living here at the facility."
                          sigpic

Comment

Take a look and judge for yourself. He is noticeably further back from the LoS then the rest of the o-line.

I've seen them call ends as lining up illegally as receivers because they were an inch or two too far away from the tackle and therefore split out as a receiver.

It IS nitpicking, but refs have nitpicked plenty in big games, crowding the absolute letter of the rules...
                            Well let's see, IMO the Steelers were basically handed their Superbowl victory against the Seahawks because of the refs, so...yeah the Steelers had it coming. Ruled a legal formation, is what it is.

Comment

• It is what it is, made no difference towards the outcome of the game or the execution of the play. The blown call on the lateral due to a whistle definitely impacted the game and went in Pittsburgh's favor big-time. Pittsburgh got away with two blatant facemask against us that were not called that would've been very helpful to us. So I view it as a wash, we won and that's all that matters.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                Game was over at that point. It didn't matter.
                                Originally posted by Drzaius View Post
                                The second the TD was scored the game was over. So he could do what he wanted.
                                Good to know!
                                Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                                You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Working...
                                X