No announcement yet.

Brian Dawkins out Sunday and career possibly over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope if this is true then the defense will go out and play with every bit of ability and give there all to win a ring for him. I hope if this is true that dawk finds a job around the broncos team, the guy is a great leader.
    My Adopted Bronco - Eddie Royal

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!” - Indian Larry

Comment

Quinton Carter is MR. Half Speed

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
      are you kidding me right now? This is a man's life we're talking about. You are garbage.
      I think your missing the point, Quinton Carter is terrible! Make a tackle, that's what you get paid to do!

Comment

What a horrible way to end Dawkins's career, if it does. He had a hall of fame career, and a bad neck injury is, at best, a buzzkill.

Recover soon Brian.
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R! View Post
          I think your missing the point, Quinton Carter is terrible! Make a tackle, that's what you get paid to do!
          He has been, but that's no excuse. He's got a possible CAREER ENDING injury. He can't just "suck up and play." Plus, Dawkins has played with injury a lot in his career. If he doesn't play, something terrible is up with him.
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Win it for Dawk! Let's go Broncos! MAN UP!
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone know if he still wants to retire as a Philly Eagle?

Comment

Originally posted by huh?? View Post
                Maybe, I know he's become rather attached to the Denver area though. I would love to see him retire a Bronco, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  More like "This one's for Champ...then DJ, Eddie and Doom....and then Dawk!"
                  Well, I think I would go with Champ and Dawk. Both are on the tail end of their careers. Dawk, barring this injury, had maybe 1 more year left. Champ... wells not sure exactly how many he has but they are few. DJ, Eddie and Doom have more time left.

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  Maybe, I know he's become rather attached to the Denver area though. I would love to see him retire a Bronco, but who knows.
                  Yeah, that would be slick. Dawk is just an amzing guy. Denver ought to see what they can do to keep him around working with the defense. This guy knows what defense is about and his intensity could easily flow to those around him.
                  Theres Ups and Downs, but just hold your Faith in the Orange Jerseys.

Team Tebow Number: 15² Yeah, thats Squared. Give me sum Koolaid

Comment

His fault for spearing Marcus Thomas or whoever in the back, to be honest.

Comment

Gonna miss him, just like we miss John Lynch, VERY hard to replace that kind of talent. Good luck B Dawk, hope you stick around Denver!
                      Raider Hater #1

Team TEBOW #32, Broncos Supporter for Life!

Comment

If it is a career ending injury, I truly hoe it is not one that will affect his quality of life going foreward. Neck and spine injuries can cause so many problems long term. Best of luck getting it taken care of Dawk. First and foremost us fans want you to be healthy long term. Yes we all would love to see you back on the field but I think I can safely say there is not a Broncos fan who is more concerned about the game than they are about your health.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                          I can see Bowlen now "This one's for DAWK AND CHAMP!!!"
                          Gawd i hope you mean because Champs been here so long, not that he might retire too.
                          PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

I loved Dawkins' passion and intensity on the football field. What a great role model he was for the younger guys on the team. I wish him the best and hope he finds something self-fulfilling to do with the rest of his life. He is very generous in community endeavours and will now have an opportunity to do even more. We were lucky, as fans, to have him on our team. I salute you, Brian Dawkins .

Thank you!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huh?? View Post
                              I thought one of the reasons why he took the pay cut was so he could retire as a Bronco.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well that just stinks. Dawk is a big part of our D and with him out I sure hope they step it up. I hope the best for Brian and his family.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X