Up next, the New England Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up next, the New England Patriots

Eric Mangini made a point just now on "Sportscenter Special" that the Patriots won't do what the Steelers did and give up the big pass to stop the short run. He expects them to play more safe to defend the deep pass. And him and Merril Hoge go on to say that THAT is why NE has the advantage...

BUT WAIITT!!!

If they are going to be weary of the deep pass, that means they won't stack the box.

That means there will be running lanes.

That will make the running game come ROARING back.

This will free up the pass EVEN more and then we are off to the races. I say GO AHEAD and play back, we will run it with 3 different people ALL day on their D.

For some reason I feel so much better going into the New England game than this game haha. Our X Factor this week will be the DEFENSE.
    Denver Broncos
    82.07%
    New England Patriots
    17.93%

The poll is expired.

Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

You either stack the box to stop the run, or play deep to stop the deep pass.

Can't defend both at the same time, Mangini

If the Patriots focus on stopping the deep pass, we're going to run on them all day long.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

In that case we won't mess up like the last time we played and end up with 500 yards on the ground
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

The Broncos beat themselves a few games ago against the Pats. They are better now this is not the game I am worried about.
        "It's been all business. Everybody's asking me where I'm living. I been living over here, living here at the facility."
        sigpic

Comment

To hear the pundits analyze all of the Broncos wins this year, just about everything you can do in football can be "adjusted for."

But that's the point -- every adjustment costs you something.

(And not to start another Tebow love-fest thread, but that's the real thing about him throughout his career. He throws off the math in every scheme because he is a legit, 60 minute, dual threat).

Comment

Fact!
            If not for a couple of timely turnovers we would have been right in that NE game at the end!

Strap on your chinstraps Patsie fans, we are coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Drzaius View Post
              The Broncos beat themselves a few games ago against the Pats. They are better now this is not the game I am worried about.
              It's actually a pretty good matchup. Yes, the Patriots have the best offense in the AFC and are the better team. But their lack of defense makes it a better draw for this young offense, so you can hope for a lights out performance by the defense (sacking Brady, etc.) and maybe 31 points from the offense.

Comment

Would love to see Jeremiah Johnson get some carries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellthebest View Post
                  Eric Mangini made a point just now on "Sportscenter Special" that the Patriots won't do what the Steelers did and give up the big pass to stop the short run. He expects them to play more safe to defend the deep pass. And him and Merril Hoge go on to say that THAT is why NE has the advantage...

BUT WAIITT!!!

If they are going to be weary of the deep pass, that means they won't stack the box.

This will free up the pass EVEN more and then we are off to the races. I say GO AHEAD and play back, we will run it with 3 different people ALL day on their D.

For some reason I feel so much better going into the New England game than this game haha. Our X Factor this week will be the DEFENSE.
                  They can try what they like, that defence is absolute garbage. This one is on the defence, after the offence won us the game today
                  Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

We don't need to. We gave that last game to New England by turning the ball over. We can run all over that defense at will. I expect for us to come out and control the clock and push them around. If we don't turn it over we stand a good chance to win the game.
                    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

You especially cant do all that and spy tebow at the same time

Comment

Mangini is the most boring person on TV. As soon as he starts talking i start falling asleep. Him and his boring butt can suck it.

Comment

Theres a reason mangina is an analyst
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bellthebest View Post

BUT WAIITT!!!

Eric Mangini is very tiresome. At forty, he is out of coaching having been fired from two head coaching positions.

The Broncos will have the opportunity to revisit their rushing attack in New England. I wonder if it will snow?
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Eric Mangini is very tiresome. At forty, he is out of coaching having been fired from two head coaching positions.

The Broncos will have the opportunity to revisit their rushing attack in New England. I wonder if it will snow?
                              I didn't even consider the possibility of snow

Oh how I want us to run it on them

McGahee probably isn't too pleased with himself so I'd be a bit scared if I was the Patriot's
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Charger$

Comment

Working...
                              X