Champ Bailey: "Tebow is one of our brothers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey: "Tebow is one of our brothers"

In a Broncos season defined by miracles, it's hard to imagine anyone (besides Tim Tebow's book publisher) enjoying it more than cornerback Champ Bailey.

Back in early October, Bailey was wasting away the back end of his prime with a 1-4 team going nowhere. Then Tebow showed up and everything instantly changed.

"It's been unbelievable in so many ways, because nobody knew what could happen, nobody gave us a chance," Bailey said this week on The Rich Eisen Podcast. "It's one of those things, let's see how it plays out. After being in the playoffs and winning a game, people are starting to give us a little credit."

This is Bailey's first trip to the playoffs since 2005. Last week, he was named to the Pro Bowl for the 11th time, extending his own record for cornerbacks. Even at 33, he remains a key part of a Denver defense that has been largely overlooked in the madness of Tebowmania.

"We don't get the credit I think we deserve, but at the same time we don't care," Bailey said. "We are winning games, that's what it's all about, it's a team sport. Tebow, he's getting a lot of attention, but the more people watch him, the more people watch us."

Bailey made it clear there's no resentment of their outrageously famous quarterback in the Broncos locker room.

"He's one of our brothers so we cheer for him," Bailey said. "We want him to get that attention. He handles it well, which makes it even easier for us to like him."

Tebow vs. Brady will be the focus of Saturday's divisional round matchup at Gillette Stadium, but Tebow won't factor much if New England's offense carves up the Broncos like it did in Week 15. The spotlight might be on Tebow, but Bailey & Co. will have to be the stars.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825eab7d/article/veteran-broncos-cb-bailey-along-for-the-tewbomania-ride?module=HP11_headline_stack
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams, Damian Nash, Kenny McKinley

I love this team!

Comment

Tebow is my brother too
      Follow me on Twitter
      @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

We're all bros

This team is chill

Comment

bros before hos...

... as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
            We're all bros

This team is chill
            Haha.

Super chill.
            sigpic

Comment

He ain't heavy, he's my brother." :thumb:
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think the Jets could learn a lot from this Broncos team
                sigpic

Comment

Man , this team is great. I'm so proud to be a Broncos fan right now!! GO BRONCOS! !

Comment

Originally posted by ChristyL17 View Post
                    I think the Jets could learn a lot from this Broncos team
                    So could the dream team, but then again we really don't want other teams to do that do we?
                    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      He ain't heavy, he's my brother." :thumb:
                      Codie working some Neil Diamond into a post!
                      "Hard work beats talent when talent don't work hard"

Comment

A confident and determined Champ. That's a good thing to have if Bailey and Co. have to be the stars. Let's remember that Brady carved up our defense from the 50 yard line much of the time.

Tebow's record this year is 8-4 as a starter. 66% roughly. So if we look back at the 1-4 start and give 2 of those losses back as a hypothetical "if Tebow started the whole year" 50% less losses seems reasonable. Could it be then, that the Broncos really are a 10-6 team that is starting to play like a 10-6 team just as they get into the playoffs?

I'm saying Denver might just beat the odds of the divisional round losses by 8-8 teams. Tebow on one side, Champ on the other and Miller in between.

Comment

Actually, ...

Originally posted by anywayucan View Post
                          Codie working some Neil Diamond into a post!
                          ... Kelly Gordon and the Hollies before Neil Diamond.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I love hearing stories of locker room fraternity, if a team is just that, a team, and not a group of egomaniacs, such as the Jets, Eagles etc, they've got more of a chance at success. Other teams should be envious of what we have.
                            Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I think coach Fox deserves some kudos for inheriting a mess and making it respectable again in such a short span.

Eddie Royal posted a video on facebook having a contest and some of the guys from the team were teasing him about it.

Our guys are having fun and enjoying themselves while respecting each other on and off the field.

They are truly acting and playing like a team and it is such a thrill to watch.

They are going to continue on with much passion, love and support from the fanbase and I couldn't be happier for them and all of us in Bronconation.

Champ is hungry for a ring and is most deserving. I can only imagine how much joy and jubilation this franchise would experience if that actually happens this year after so much change, controversy and criticism.

Good Luck Broncos!!

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X