What do you think of Moore, Irving and J Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Moore, Irving and J Thomas

All are kinda projects at this moment of time and we will have to wait and see how they develop, Just wondered what people's gut feeling was.

I know Moore has been a disappointment so far but he is only 20/21 and Polamalu needed a year to learn as well so hopefully he comes back well next year and has a good TC. Carter has improved a lot lately and I think EFX are really counting on Moore to be the future as well.

I like Mays at times, Good strength, Good hits, Can get penetration and his pass coverage has improved a lot this year, but his tackling needs a lot of work. Not sure he is a Good starter at the moment but I would like to keep him around. I read a few months ago that Irving is spending this year learning the playbook and all the reads the MLB has to make. I think he will have the chance to take over next year.

J Thomas has not played much football at college and was always going to need a year or 2 to learn. He was a pre-season beast in training and hopefully he will be used a little next year, although it may take another year before we see what he can do.

I think their physicality is lacking. Which could be attributed to the lack of an offseason with NFL players and coaches. I believe all three have a relatively high ceiling and we will see them start to realize some of their potential in 2013, if not next year.

Comment

And by physicality, I mean not used to the amount of contact and speed and strength NFL players receive and dish out on a regular basis. If you watch them in eir limited time this year, it's as if they play "scared", for lack of a better word.

That being said, I restate my opinion, I believe they can and will improve. Rookies take time to develop and adjust to playing with the men in the NFL. Rarely do they immediately come in and not miss a beat. We were lucky to have Miller and Franklin come in from day one and perform.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the Moore pick when it happened. That said yes he is young and will take time, but what concerns me is he is known as a ball hawk and I've seen gift wrapped ints bounce off his hands. I hope he develops but I'm concerned.

Irving will take time to develop MLB is one of the hardest positions to adjust to, and there hasn't been enough evidence one way or another and that's also a concern.

JT was a late round developmental pick, we all got caught up in the camp hype. However he needs to improve significantly on his blocking and without it he will have a hard time seeing the field.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Waiting for that ignorant "they're all busts" comment --->

With how bad Joe Mays has been tackling this season, I see Nate Irving stepping in as the starter next year at Middle Linebacker.

Rahim Moore will have every opportunity to improve his tackling and physicality this offseason, and I expect him to battle for the free safety job opposite Quinton Carter. Those two are our safeties of the future.

Julius Thomas is a project. I think he only played 1 year of college football IIRC. I expect him to emerge as our receiving tight end next year or in 2013.

Keep in mind this golden rule: It takes 3 years to accurately evaluate a draft/ draft pick.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

i still think jt would be what need at the TE position right now. i would have him pass block much maaybe a chip and run out to get routes
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I think Moore or carter could get lost on the depth chart due to the emergence of David bruton who has outplayed them both in less games so we will have to see plus let's not forget rafeal bush played extremely well in his one game
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Irving seems like he has the toughness and size to take over at MLB. I'm betting it's the cerebral part of the game that's lacking. Things will slow down for him in time. I can't even imagine being a novice professional MLB going against somebody like Brady...

I'm concerned about Moore not because he's struggling, which every rookie seems to do, but because now he's been in the doghouse for some time now and he hasn't even been able to fight back onto the field. Bush came in on nickel packages over him. I'm worried...

Julius Thomas is strange deal for me. The curve for him is so large right now that it might be too large. Either he'll be one of those players that pops out of nowhere in one preseason game and gets his chance to develop, or he'll follow the likes of Wesley Duke (at least I think that's what his name was...) ad just get cut...

Comment

Moore had me at "the hit" in the preseason. I love the potential he has and hope he can solidify his game to see significant time.

J Thomas was an exciting pick. Let's see what happens with him. If he develops right, he could be the next Shannon Sharpe.

Nate Irving will emerge next season I'm confident.

Comment

Bruton>Moore

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      Waiting for that ignorant "they're all busts" comment --->

With how bad Joe Mays has been tackling this season, I see Nate Irving stepping in as the starter next year at Middle Linebacker.

Rahim Moore will have every opportunity to improve his tackling and physicality this offseason, and I expect him to battle for the free safety job opposite Quinton Carter. Those two are our safeties of the future.

Julius Thomas is a project. I think he only played 1 year of college football IIRC. I expect him to emerge as our receiving tight end next year or in 2013.

Keep in mind this golden rule: It takes 3 years to accurately evaluate a draft/ draft pick.
                      Wasn't it you that was calling an Ayers a bust earlier (which would contradict your golden rule)?

Or am I thinking of someone else.....
                      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                        Wasn't it you that was calling an Ayers a bust earlier (which would contradict your golden rule)?

Or am I thinking of someone else.....
                        I called Ayers an underachiever for a 1st round pick (due to his lack of sacks).

Can't remember if I called him a bust. If I did, then it was wrong of me to do.

sigpic

Comment

I called Ayers an underachiever for a 1st round pick (due to his lack of sacks).

Can't remember if I called him a bust. If I did, then it was wrong of me to do.
                          Yeah, I can't remember. Was just wondering if it was you or not I was arguing with early, early in the season.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                            Yeah, I can't remember. Was just wondering if it was you or not I was arguing with early, early in the season.
                            I argue with everybody, so it's a possibility

sigpic

Comment

I argue with everybody, so it's a possibility
                              OH! Me too

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X