What do you think of Moore, Irving and J Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    I think Moore or carter could get lost on the depth chart due to the emergence of David bruton who has outplayed them both in less games so we will have to see plus let's not forget rafeal bush played extremely well in his one game
    Bruton was drafted in 2009, this is his third season. I would hope he is out-performing the rookies.

I think that as long as Allen stays put, the full off-season and continuity of the defensive scheme will help all of the defense, but this year's rookies especially. They came into a very good system and they have the athleticism to become very solid players once they master their respective positions.

I like Moore, especially his attitude. He seems to really enjoy playing football and wants to be on the field, which is important. He's still young and should mature in this system with these coaches and the character veterans we have on defense. Any physical short-comings will naturally improve as he gets a little older. The same goes for Carter. I think they both have the skills, attitude, and willingness needed to be very good in this system for a long time.

I like Irving, but he has a long way to go. He really needs the off-season.

I am also very excited about Chris Harris having a full off-season...he looks like the real deal. I love un-drafted gems.

I truly hope Allen stays around a while and builds this defense into what it looks like it could be.

Thomas...well...he definitely needs some work, I would like to see the front office go after a veteran pass catching TE to work with him. I think he has great potential, he just needs some time to catch up (no pun) with the complexity and speed of the NFL.

I think the '11 draft was very solid, these guys just need the full off-season to catch up and grow.

Comment

Moore- He's still extremely young, only 21, Carter has played better then him, and Bush looked pretty decent last week. But i think a full offseason will do him some good.

Irving- Still learning the defense/scheme, and i won't be shocked if let Mays go, and roll with Irving next year.

Thomas- Note, only played 8 months of college football, he's still very raw as a player.

Comment

I have to agree that a full off season working and learning from good coaches will do wonders for these young men.
        I think people have too remember that Bruton had two more off seasons than Moore and Carter has and he is a real sprinter (4.3 40 man), and has size and experience over them. I hope Denver gives the three of them a chance before drafting another safety!

Comment

Moore is going to be a bust...Nothing about him is NFL level...Cant tackle, cant cover.....This was a horrible pick it, I said it the min it was made, and now the team is starting to see it cause he is falling down the depth chart pretty quickly

Irving....Another pick I wasn't really happy about...he is what he is...Mid round pick and just not ready to be a full time player....Mays has been terrible this season and I really think that Irving will beat him out next season. That puts him right about on schedule.....I dont look for great things from him...But I think that he will be a solid player for a few years and might one day be a good player.

Thomas...Like most fans he was no where on the radar when he was picked....Being a late round pick I have no problem with throwing it away on a total trash player.....But this guy looks like the real deal....Was really disappointed when he went down cause I thought that he could do some things... I look for him to really explode on the scene next season...TT is going to love the hell out of him
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Moore = probable bust. J Thomas = project with a ton of upside. Irving, I think, will be our Mike for many years to come starting in 12. Dude's a stud. Fox is developing him slowly but he'll be awesome.

Comment

I have faith in Irving still even though we haven't seen much from him. He has made a few good plays on ST which is what still has me in high hopes. I think this nyear he was still learning and the main reason he didn't see much action, imo was the number of rookies already playing on D. They had Miller and Carter starting then had Moore, Bush, Bruton, and Chris Harris playing quite a bit as well. If they would have thrown Irving in there too, that would have been a ton of rookies/young players all playing at the same time and I think Fox wanted to limit inexperience as much as possible. I think next year he will go into TC as the guy to beat for the job.
              sigpic

Comment

Rahim Moore, Nate Irving and Julius Thomes are rookies. They will be on the team in 2012. Next year at this time there will probably be a thread talking about how well they've done. They will have a complete off season prior to 2012.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'm reserving judgement on Moore, but if Bruton can continue to play at his high level, and Carter continue to improve each and every game, he is certainly expendable. If only we could figure out what happened from the preseason/camp with Moore. I'm starting to think its mental.

How can anyone here begin to think Irving will start Mike in 2012? The most important spot IMO on the defense, and some of you would be comfortable with him being an every down player there?

No need for Thomas to make rookie mistakes when Daniel Fells has far exceeded any expectations I had for him. Let him continue to develop football skills. His ceiling is sky high. Work on his route running and blocking and he could be a BEAST! Not to mention, a very nice compliment to Green's blocking ability on the other side of the line.
                  sigpic

Comment

Think Thomas hits the scene in a big way next year. Most TEs take a year to round out and the kid had very limited experience coming in.

Irving will be a backup imo.

Moore seems to want it, maybe 10lbs and a couple years and he rounds out. Gut tells me he is not strong or fast enough to be an impact guy.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by IA_Broncosfan53 View Post
                      I'm reserving judgement on Moore, but if Bruton can continue to play at his high level, and Carter continue to improve each and every game, he is certainly expendable. If only we could figure out what happened from the preseason/camp with Moore. I'm starting to think its mental.

How can anyone here begin to think Irving will start Mike in 2012? The most important spot IMO on the defense, and some of you would be comfortable with him being an every down player there?

No need for Thomas to make rookie mistakes when Daniel Fells has far exceeded any expectations I had for him. Let him continue to develop football skills. His ceiling is sky high. Work on his route running and blocking and he could be a BEAST! Not to mention, a very nice compliment to Green's blocking ability on the other side of the line.
                      I agree with you on Moore. I think because he is so young there is a chance he can improve and become what the coaching staff thought he could be. He needs a full offseason living and breathing football!

I disagree with you about Irving though. John Fox has always had VERY good MLB's when he was in CAR. I think that Irving can come in next year and become a very good 2 down MLB for us. We run a certain type of defense on 1st & 2nd down and bring in the nickel or dime on 3rd down. He doesnt have to be an All-Pro MLB. He just needs to be able to come in and stop the run on 1st & 2nd down and take him off the field on 3rd down for a CB/S/OLB.

I really liked Thomas in the preseason but he just is WAY too raw to be getting any playing time. The offseason will be great for him. TEACH the game of football to the kid and he can become DOMINATE!

Either way I'm very excited about the future of our 2011 draft picks. I want to see what Beal, Weber, Harris & Fannin can do with a full offseason and proper NFL coaching!
                      sigpic

Comment

the most explosive thing ive seen out of Moore was the backflip he did in the endzone during the celebration last Sunday.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X