Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ike Taylor pulls an Urlacher says "Tebow, running back that can throw"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Mortal View Post
    Those players aren't built like running backs and don't run like runningbacks.

    Clueless.
    Clueless??? Really? Thats the best you got?

    Tebow threw the ball to beat PIT. He didnt run for 100 yards!

    EDIT: So Vick, Young, Cunningham are all WR's that can throw then?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Ok so for all of you saying it is a compliment let's look closer at what he said... He says tebow is a running back that can throw, he never mentioned the word quaterback which is the position tebow actually plays so how is that a compliment?

      To me that is beating around the bush in a way that is saying he is not really a QB, but just somebody that can throw once in a while.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Personally I'd love to have a QB who runs like a RB and throws like a QB, too.
        I think that sounds like the Superman of skill position players.

        ... If he learned how to catch his own TD passes too, we could give him a cape.
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
          And that changes the fact that Tebow beat them with his arm though? If Tebow ran for 100+ yards on the ground and 2 TD's and only 100 yards through the air and still beat them then I could see them calling him a RB that can throw. But Tebow torched Taylor all day through the air!!! Just my opinion on it though.
          I don't think any of this is meant as a negative though.

          Tebow had a helluva game throwing the ball, but he still is a threat to run over linebackers as well, much like a RB.

          This is a good thing. We have a QB that makes defenders flinch.
          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            LOL, this is such a compliment.

            Ask Vince Wilfork. Defenders really are surprised at how hard it is to get Tim down. He is a RB when he has the ball b/c he runs North-South and runs over defenders to get to the end zone. He's not a fast, elusive scrambler like most other "running" QBs.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
              I don't think any of this is meant as a negative though.

              Tebow had a helluva game throwing the ball, but he still is a threat to run over linebackers as well, much like a RB.

              This is a good thing. We have a QB that makes defenders flinch.
              Exactly. QB's don't scare you with their legs, like a RB. Tebow does. I think that's pretty much what he's saying.
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • #37
                So why don't we ever hear anybody say he is a QB that runs like a fullback????? Why is it always he's a running back that can throw??? why, why, why????
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
                  Backhanded compliment if anything.
                  Of course it was...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Since we're between the lines here is my interpretation

                    If you don't get Tim on the ground, he's going hurt you and make plays Taylor said. "He is a running back that will run you over and posterize you on ESPN's top 10 plays...He just wins,we didn't play our best game on defense. They played good enough to beat us."
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Exactly. QB's don't scare you with their legs, like a RB. Tebow does. I think that's pretty much what he's saying.
                      Definitely. That's how I interpreted it as well.
                      Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        and this message board again shows why america has some of the worst reading comprehension skills in the entire world

                        lol get real
                        sigpic
                        -------

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
                          Of course it was...
                          Of course you think it is.


                          Anything said about Tebow by anyone, you take in a negative light.



                          STOP READING SO MUCH INTO THINGS THAT AREN'T THERE.



                          It's simple.
                          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                            Clueless??? Really? Thats the best you got?

                            Tebow threw the ball to beat PIT. He didnt run for 100 yards!

                            EDIT: So Vick, Young, Cunningham are all WR's that can throw then?
                            Do Vick, Young, Cunningham catch passes regularly?



                            C'mon man.....you are reaching....a lot.
                            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              So why don't we ever hear anybody say he is a QB that runs like a fullback????? Why is it always he's a running back that can throw??? why, why, why????
                              Because up until Sunday, players respected his ability to make plays on the ground more than through the air which is why Pitt stacked 9 men in the box at times.

                              Mountain out a nonexistent molehill, honestly.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                                Do Vick, Young, Cunningham catch passes regularly?



                                C'mon man.....you are reaching....a lot.
                                I think Joe Webb would be a better example to that point.
                                Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X