X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one5beast
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I agree...I think he meant it as a compliment but some crazy Tebow fans want to get butthurt about everything
    lol yup

when I first read it I thought it was an insult but then I kept reading it. And it actually sounds like a compliment

Ike says he's a runningback (we all know Tims running ability) THAT CAN THROW.

In other words.... He can throw but then run like a runningback <----there that sounds better
    Last edited by one5beast; 01-12-2012, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
    Reading the article it doesn't look like Taylor meant it in a negative light. I think he was more or less paying Tebow a compliment on his incredible physique. He's built like a RB, and can certainly run like one against NFL defenses. It makes him one of the most dangerous players in the NFL.
    I agree...I think he meant it as a compliment but some crazy Tebow fans want to get butthurt about everything

Leave a comment:

• AZI66
    replied
    Tebow is 6'3" / 240 lbs with thick legs. He is built like a running back and can slide through the line of scrimmage as well as most running backs.

Where is the insult?

Leave a comment:

• kingpins9
    replied
    Taylor and Urlacher = Sore Losers

Leave a comment:

• demosthenes9
    replied
    Also, look at the context of the statement:

Taylor rejected suggestions that the lack of a pass rush enabled Tebow to throw for a career-high 316 yards and average more than 30 yards per completion. But it put added pressure on Taylor and William Gay.

"If you don't get Tim on the ground, he's going to make his plays," Taylor said. "He is a running back who can throw the ball. He did what he had to do to help his team win the game.
    He's actually defending his own defensive line and their inability to sack Tebow. Why couldn't they ? Because Tebow isn't like the other QBs in the league, he's a freaking RB that can throw.

Leave a comment:

• demosthenes9
    replied
    Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    I think you are completely missing my point.

A) If Tebow beat PIT with his LEGS then I would totally understand the statement but the fact that he threw for 300+ yards and 2 TD's against the #1 pass defense in the NFL says that Tebow is a QB that can run and not a RB that can throw the ball.

B) When Michael Vick goes off running the ball against other teams I have never once seen a player call Vick a RB that can throw. They show him the up most respect and call him a QB that runs.

C) Define a RB...Adrian Peterson? LeSean McCoy? MJD? Darren Sproles? All 4 are considered RB's but none of them run the same way. Some run through you, some run around you, some run past you.

Look guys Im not Tebow fanboy, I just think it is crap to call a QB a RB when he just beat you with his ARM!!!! Of course Urlachers was worse but this feels like a huge backhanded compliment if there ever was one. Again just my :2cents:
    No one would call Vick a RB because he's like 180 pounds or something and pretty frail.

Would you have been happier if Ike had said "he's a linebacker that throws?" (indicating that he's a big, strong guy that can throw ??)

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
    Because he was talking about a game where he was playing Tebow not some other running QB in the NFL
    I think you are completely missing my point.

A) If Tebow beat PIT with his LEGS then I would totally understand the statement but the fact that he threw for 300+ yards and 2 TD's against the #1 pass defense in the NFL says that Tebow is a QB that can run and not a RB that can throw the ball.

B) When Michael Vick goes off running the ball against other teams I have never once seen a player call Vick a RB that can throw. They show him the up most respect and call him a QB that runs.

C) Define a RB...Adrian Peterson? LeSean McCoy? MJD? Darren Sproles? All 4 are considered RB's but none of them run the same way. Some run through you, some run around you, some run past you.

Look guys Im not Tebow fanboy, I just think it is crap to call a QB a RB when he just beat you with his ARM!!!! Of course Urlachers was worse but this feels like a huge backhanded compliment if there ever was one. Again just my :2cents:

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    I like to make a big deal out of nothing too. You know why? Because..

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    Thats my whole point. When teams get beat by QB's who can run with the ball do they go out of their way to say that they got beat by a RB who can throw? Why just Tebow and not any of the other running QB's in the NFL?
    Because he was talking about a game where he was playing Tebow not some other running QB in the NFL

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    Originally posted by DishWater View Post
    On another note: Why do these guys feel compelled to make comments like that?

I suppose it's the media attention he gets... Kind of weak in that case, though...
    Thats my whole point. When teams get beat by QB's who can run with the ball do they go out of their way to say that they got beat by a RB who can throw? Why just Tebow and not any of the other running QB's in the NFL?

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied
    On another note: Why do these guys feel compelled to make comments like that?

I suppose it's the media attention he gets... Kind of weak in that case, though...

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Apparently he cant cover a WR that is being thrown the ball to by a RB for 200+ yards and the game winning TD in OT.

So its a compliment when he says Tebow is a RB that can throw but when someone says that he is a CB that cant cover its not true?

I think thats a compliment to Taylor if you ask me!
    Dude..... :brick:

Just stop.

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Well....he's been in the league 9 years and plays on the NFL's best defense.

I'd say he can cover.

Calm down people. It was a compliment.
    Apparently he cant cover a WR that is being thrown the ball to by a RB for 200+ yards and the game winning TD in OT.

So its a compliment when he says Tebow is a RB that can throw but when someone says that he is a CB that cant cover its not true?

I think thats a compliment to Taylor if you ask me!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Well....he's been in the league 9 years and plays on the NFL's best defense.

I'd say he can cover.

Calm down people. It was a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• skate_d3
    replied
    And he's a CB who can't cover.

edit: I see great minds think alike. I didn't read the whole thread before posting..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X