Broncos Press Conference: Tebow in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by svpearson View Post
    What will really give us the answer is the draft.

If we draft a QB in the early rounds I think we will have a QB competition. If they get players that compliment Tebow and then take a QB 6th or 7th round or through free agency I think they are all in on Tebow.

What worries me is if they stay on the fence that's a bad decision. If you draft a high QB in case Tebow does not work out I think you will cause more controversy, possibly split the team and then waste some picks that you could have used on impact player.

Whether they like Tebow or not I think they have to go all in with him if they are going to let him start next year. Or dont and go a completely different direction.

What worries me is if they sit on the fence somewhere in the middle, I want to see a commitment to go one way or the other.
    I think that if nick foles is sitting there in the seco d round when we pick that we draft him. I also think the type of QB we draft could say alot about which direction the offense is going.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      If Tom Brady were our QB do you think Elway would be working with him during the offseason?
      Yes. Brady would probably ask for it.

Do you think Tom Brady does not work on his mechanics during the offseason?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...iorates-061211

Martinez is a renowned quarterback coach who has worked with many quarterbacks. His most successful was Brady, who has won three Super Bowl titles with New England and is considered a lock for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The relationship between the two began in 1992, when Brady was in high school. Brady has continued to consult Martinez for passing tips and advice throughout his college and NFL careers with the two frequently working on mechanics during the offseason.

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      Why does he need this 1 on 1 with a retired QB when he has a QB coach on the team?
      Tom Brady had 1 on 1 lessons with Tom Martinez and Brady also had a QB coach on his team.
      Last edited by -Rod-; 01-18-2012, 07:20 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
        Exactly we were two games away from the Super Bowl with the guy, how dare him! I can't believe people we had our best season in the better part of a decade and you guys want him gone, way to support the team!:thumb:

I could pull the stats, talk about how he's the worst starter statistically in over 10 years, talk about how he folded down the stretch, but its pointless

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          Yes. Brady would probably ask for it.

Do you think Tom Brady does not work on his mechanics during the offseason?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...iorates-061211

Tom Brady had 1 on 1 lessons with Tom Martinez and Brady also had a QB coach on his team.
          You guys are right. Tebow is not a project. He is perfect just the way he is
          sigpic

Comment

You guys are right. Tebow is not a project. He is perfect just the way he is
            No one implied he wasn't a project. Every QB is always trying to better himself. If I'm just feeding the troll, my apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by amagiusx View Post
              No one implied he wasn't a project. Every QB is always trying to better himself. If I'm just feeding the troll, my apologies.
              Apologies accepted.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                I think that if nick foles is sitting there in the seco d round when we pick that we draft him. I also think the type of QB we draft could say alot about which direction the offense is going.
                I see what your saying. If we draft a running style QB who has ran the spread in college it tells us where our offense is going....But if we use a 2nd round pick on a QB I think its really dumb, we have much bigger needs.

I believe you can get a guy who is capable of running the spread in late rounds or even free agency. I mean really how many teams are any good when they lose their starting QB? It's very rare.

Comment

• Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
                  Because they won't do the common freaking sense thing and say TIM TEBOW IS OUR STARTER NEXT YEAR.

Instead, we get "Tim has made good strides this year, and taken our team to the playoffs for the first time in years, BUT, we still don't have faith in him, so, we'll have yet another QB competition and who knows who we will bring in".

Absolutely pathetic.
                  Dude, I'm a UF alum and you can tell by my join date (and location) why I'm here. That said, even I don't think the Broncos owe Tebow anything more than what Elway said.

He's the starter going into TC. I'm assuming he'll be the starter when the season starts as well, but he's going to have to earn that every week until he's proven he can do what an NFL QB needs to do to win on a consistent basis.

If he takes us further into the playoffs next year than this year, then the debate is over, IMO.

Comment

Tebow is a project still. If he wasn't, Elway wouldn't have to work with him personally during the offseason. They very well might take a QB in 1st thru 3rd rounds that might be a project but a project who is more adept in the passing game than tebow is currently. If that happened they very well might go with the new project over the old project.
                    Taking a "project" QB in the first 3 rounds would be completely stupid, considering the other needs.

They'd be better off just re-signing Quinn and promoting Weber.

Comment

name me another starting QB in the league who is working with a HoF QB to improve his basic skills.

Why does he need this 1 on 1 with a retired QB when he has a QB coach on the team?

You can believe what you want but Elway would not be volunteering to work with him if it was not a necessity.
                      Name another starting QB whose VP of personnel is an HOF QB. Elway working with Tebow is just a lucky occurrence.

The necessity isn't due to the fact that Elway thinks Tebow can't succeed unless Elway takes a personal role in his development. It's due to Elway wanting to show he's got confidence in Tim.

What's he supposed to say? "I'm not going to waste my time."

And I really doubt Elway's going to spend more than a few hours, all told, working with Tebow. You're not going to see him out on the practice field with a whistle and clipboard.
                      Last edited by catsigater; 01-19-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by catsigater View Post
                        Taking a "project" QB in the first 3 rounds would be completely stupid, considering the other needs.

They'd be better off just re-signing Quinn and promoting Weber.
                        You could be right about Quinn. I think that is the best case scenario as well. However, it may be very difficult to get a decent vet B to come in, including Quinn, and they need another QB on the roster. If they don't have another QB by draft day, they will take one.

The current starting QB is still a project as well, and one that may never succeed in the passing game. They could find a QB who is a project in the draft, but one who has more potential than they think Tebow has, and one who will take less time to develop into a competent passer. In that case, taking a QB who could pass Tebow on the depth chart right away wouldn't be all bad.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Tebow will start as QB, may not finish, if Mayans are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post
                            Tebow will start as QB, may not finish, if Mayans are right.
                            Lol I know right. I was thinking if the Mayans are right this is the last superbowl.
                            "This guy here is 250 pounds of concrete cyanide, man. And he can throw. He throws well enough at any level to play quarterback."

Jon Gruden on Tim Tebow

Comment

Working...
                            X