Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Like Tebow....But It's A Passer's League

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Like Tebow....But It's A Passer's League

    If you judge this post by the cover (title) you may assume that I don't see Tim Tebow in our future. My response to that would be.......you are right and maybe wrong. (BTW......I do like the guy!!)

    Tim needs to grow into a passer, and he has to do it relatively soon. He can run all over the field, but like what we saw this weekend, there are reasons that his style may not be in our best interests for the long term....

    1) The Pats, who have a relatively poor D, had the option figured out really well this weekend. If they can figure it out and defend against it, the rest of the league won't be too far behind.
    2) If you haven't noticed......the teams who are excelling are the teams that can throw the ball. Clearly Rodgers had an off day, as did his receivers, but we know what he is capable of......and in the case of the loss, his opponent -Manning, was throwing the ball, and for lots of yardage! This wasn't a Giants' run game that won the game.....it was passing and their D.

    And Brady is an arm. We all know that. They say he has all those weapons, but really.......how many teams could be as productive with two TEs, and some little guys receiving the ball....with hardly any run attack? Passing baby!!!

    Brees played his typical pass oriented game, and did what he could to win, only to lose to a "Passing stud" named Alex Smith!!!! Seriously, the field manager threw amazingly well on Saturday, and that's why they won the game.....that was the only way for them to hold off New Orleans.

    In the other game, Flacco won, in his conservative way, but had Schaub been there for Houston (watch out for next year!!), I believe the Oilers easily win that game.

    And as for us.....Tebow threw for a lot of yardage against Pittsburgh.....if he doesn't throw so many bombs, I don't think we get past the Steelers.

    ~~~~~~

    It's a passing game. If you can't move the ball quickly, you may get left behind. For Tim to be successful, and for Elway to fully appreciate him, he's got to make big strides towards passing competency......and I don't just mean mechanics. We're talking reading Ds, and making better, quicker decisions. Don't blame our oline.....often they have given him plenty of time.....he just gets lost out there at times. It's serious business, and he still has a ways to go, learning how, where and when to pass.

    And for me, too much option will become a dying art in the NFL. Teams will be more ready. If on the other hand, TT upgrades his pass game, everything else will work. Teams can't D everything he does, if he gets the arm going.

    I am still not convinced. But I am convinced in one thing....

    I really do like and respect the dude!!!

  • #2
    Well good to know then that in his first playoff game against the #1 defense, under the highest of pressure in over time, Tim Tebow can make one of the most high risk, pin point accurate TD passes a quarterback can possibly make that sets a passing TD record, wins the game, ends the day with a 125 passer rating and finishes off his first year as the #1 most efficient NFL passer by air with 12.3 yards per attempt, a 90.0 overall playoff passer rating............despite the 32nd worse receiving corps in dropped passes, 22nd ranked defense, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

    If he can do this, what's he going to be able to do when he has the #1 receiving corps in the league in a passing offense suited to him like the Patriots and Brady?

    Oh PS: The Patriots have the 2nd best defense in the NFL. Nobody takes away what you do better than the Patriots and Bill.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice to read a leveld headed post on the subject once in a while ! (I'll cp when I reload later, I've been generous this past 24 hres lol)

      Your pretty much dead on. Passing is not an 'option' (no pun intended here) it's an obligation in the level of competion the NFL is. The Pats stopped our ofeense because they rushed it. Why did they rushed so often and freely ? thaty are not afraid Tebow will benefit from it with passes to the flat/screen/etc..


      Thing is, the other part I think we are cruelly missing is also a way to stop the passing Champ is oon his last straight line for us (waht 3-4 years) adn the rest of the secondary are just non existent/non performing. Mind you I'll will take Dawkins out of the last sentence for multiple reason (retirement kind of came back from his 2010 performance).
      Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

      Adopted Broncos:
      -:Mr. Decker:-

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        If you judge this post by the cover (title) you may assume that I don't see Tim Tebow in our future. My response to that would be.......you are right and maybe wrong. (BTW......I do like the guy!!)

        Tim needs to grow into a passer, and he has to do it relatively soon. He can run all over the field, but like what we saw this weekend, there are reasons that his style may not be in our best interests for the long term....

        1) The Pats, who have a relatively poor D, had the option figured out really well this weekend. If they can figure it out and defend against it, the rest of the league won't be too far behind.
        2) If you haven't noticed......the teams who are excelling are the teams that can throw the ball. Clearly Rodgers had an off day, as did his receivers, but we know what he is capable of......and in the case of the loss, his opponent -Manning, was throwing the ball, and for lots of yardage! This wasn't a Giants' run game that won the game.....it was passing and their D.

        And Brady is an arm. We all know that. They say he has all those weapons, but really.......how many teams could be as productive with two TEs, and some little guys receiving the ball....with hardly any run attack? Passing baby!!!

        Brees played his typical pass oriented game, and did what he could to win, only to lose to a "Passing stud" named Alex Smith!!!! Seriously, the field manager threw amazingly well on Saturday, and that's why they won the game.....that was the only way for them to hold off New Orleans.

        In the other game, Flacco won, in his conservative way, but had Schaub been there for Houston (watch out for next year!!), I believe the Oilers easily win that game.

        And as for us.....Tebow threw for a lot of yardage against Pittsburgh.....if he doesn't throw so many bombs, I don't think we get past the Steelers.

        ~~~~~~

        It's a passing game. If you can't move the ball quickly, you may get left behind. For Tim to be successful, and for Elway to fully appreciate him, he's got to make big strides towards passing competency......and I don't just mean mechanics. We're talking reading Ds, and making better, quicker decisions. Don't blame our oline.....often they have given him plenty of time.....he just gets lost out there at times. It's serious business, and he still has a ways to go, learning how, where and when to pass.

        And for me, too much option will become a dying art in the NFL. Teams will be more ready. If on the other hand, TT upgrades his pass game, everything else will work. Teams can't D everything he does, if he gets the arm going.

        I am still not convinced. But I am convinced in one thing....

        I really do like and respect the dude!!!
        you more or less summed up my opinion / how I feel on the whole Tebow QB thing. but did it so much more eloquently then I.

        edit: tried to toss you some cp love but gotta spread it around
        Last edited by Remedy; 01-16-2012, 11:04 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FanofFootball View Post
          Well good to know then that in his first playoff game against the #1 defense, under the highest of pressure in over time, Tim Tebow can make one of the most high risk, pin point accurate TD passes a quarterback can possibly make that sets a passing TD record, wins the game, ends the day with a 125 passer rating and finishes off his first year as the #1 most efficient NFL passer by air with 12.3 yards per attempt, a 90.0 overall playoff passer rating............despite the 32nd worse receiving corps in dropped passes, 22nd ranked defense, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league.
          If he can do this, what's he going to be able to do when he has the #1 receiving corps in the league in a passing offense suited to him like the Patriots and Brady?

          Oh PS: The Patriots have the 2nd best defense in the NFL. Nobody takes away what you do better than the Patriots and Bill.
          Not sure where you get your stats from......I only checked a few but here are some considerations...

          1) We were ranked 20th......but it's close to what you said
          2) Our oline was not "one of the worst"....many folks say it's solid!
          3) The Pats had the 2nd worst D in the league this season!!!!! (did you get it backwards????)

          Maybe I should check some more of your info......

          Comment


          • #6
            I think Tebow is a better passer than what we watched this year. Playcalling & lack of talent on offense has to also be factored into his stats.

            I think he can be a 55% passer in this league
            I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Not sure where you get your stats from......I only checked a few but here are some considerations...

              1) We were ranked 20th......but it's close to what you said
              2) Our oline was not "one of the worst"....many folks say it's solid!
              3) The Pats had the 2nd worst D in the league this season!!!!! (did you get it backwards????)

              Maybe I should check some more of your info......
              he was reading everything in a mirror

              Comment


              • #8
                to be honest, towards the end of the game there when we were just slinging it, Tebow was doin it pretty good! Not gunna lie... He was making nice mid-range throws.

                We know he can throw the deep ball too! I just think people magnify his bad performances and ignore his good times
                Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bellthebest View Post
                  to be honest, towards the end of the game there when we were just slinging it, Tebow was doin it pretty good! Not gunna lie... He was making nice mid-range throws.

                  We know he can throw the deep ball too! I just think people magnify his bad performances and ignore his good times
                  I dont know if people need to 'magnify' his bad performances. there have been a lot of times in games he has looked like a deer in headlights throwing the ball. there are other times he has mad great throws but I find he is very inconsistent.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bellthebest View Post
                    to be honest, towards the end of the game there when we were just slinging it, Tebow was doin it pretty good! Not gunna lie... He was making nice mid-range throws.

                    We know he can throw the deep ball too! I just think people magnify his bad performances and ignore his good times
                    I'm not casting him out of the picture BUT, next year he will need to make a serious improvement on this aspect of his game. The option will be less successful if teams study more, and defend against his arm......

                    Another BUT.......if he improves his pass game, this assessment will be irrelevant. I guess I am one of those who still have doubts.....to be honest, in spite of the shortened offseason, I have some difficulty understanding why someone could look so undeveloped at times. And whenI watch him run around in the backfield, after the oline gives him an abundance of time, I just challenge why it is still happening.

                    To be clear......I do like him, and hope he is successful for us. But it's a passer's league, until someone or some team take a different route. I believe Brady and Manning give their teams a better chance this weekend as a result. Then again, if Flacco and Smith are effective from that perspective, they are still in the running.......make that passing!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      For Tim to be successful, and for Elway to fully appreciate him, he's got to make big strides towards passing competency......and I don't just mean mechanics. We're talking reading Ds, and making better, quicker decisions. Don't blame our oline.....often they have given him plenty of time.....he just gets lost out there at times.
                      I like Tim Tebow. I really do. He brings a lot of good things to this football team. But until I see him consistently making throws to receivers who are "NFL open" I'll find it difficult to believe in him long-term. I want to see that improve over the offseason, perhaps moreso than anything else. Half a step is open enough to make the throw in this league. The DBs are too fast and too good to have the QB hold on to the ball until your guy has three/four steps on the guys covering him, and you can't demand 8-10seconds of protection in the pocket on every down from the OL. I believe that as Tim becomes more confident reading the opposing defense, and has more time to work with his receivers and his coaches, this should improve; but it was a point of frustration for me this year, as much as I enjoyed his overall performance (can't argue with wins).

                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I am still not convinced. But I am convinced in one thing....
                      I really do like and respect the dude!!!
                      On this, I'm with you 100%.

                      sigpic
                      - ★ -
                      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tebow will never be brees but I see him more as a roethlisberger type of QB
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The question is will Fox allow to add more balance to the offense for the next season. I think we should. I believe we need to add more passing to this offense. We need to see if Tim can pass the test. If not, time to go find one that can play in a balanced offense.

                          Let's put it bluntly, as long as Fox is the HC, we will never be a pass-centric team.

                          Edit: I just looked at the pass attempts we had this year compared to other teams. Quite a difference in the numbers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                            Tebow will never be brees but I see him more as a roethlisberger type of QB
                            I would be very very very very ok with that...(minus the rape ofcourse)
                            I am excited to see tebow after an off season. I hope he is the guy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I agree with ya Can.

                              One more thing he needs to work on is his pocket mobility. He needs to learn to dodge the rush without doing his running around thing. He needs to watch Brady/Rodgers/Brees with their ability to step around in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield.
                              Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
                              Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X