X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy8
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Sorry bud!!! There are so many "rude" types here, I guess I pushed the button too quick on you. At first it sounded like my whole message about being a passer's league etc. was common knowledge.....as in, why bother to make this thread?

Apology accepted?
    No doubt! I understand exactly where you're coming from. It seems like a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork lately and it's taken it's toll on the message board.

We're cool as Canada in January!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by tzinc View Post
    SF and BAL's success disprove your assertion.
    If you mean me, I disagree partially. They are definitely strong teams that play the old way.....good run game / solid D. But for Baltimore to go further, Flacco needs to pass successfully in my opinion. And if Smith hadn't put together all those passes, New Orleans wins that game. Their D couldn't hold the fort on Brees, as good as it is.

It's been the concern about SF all year...if they ever got behind. Smith elevated that team by proving he can throw the ball, and he can rack up the points.....he had to!

And sure, there will always be exceptions, but overall, QBs who can pass give you a shot. All I'm saying is, I need to see more consistency out of Tebow's pass game.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by tzinc View Post
    Look at the last 10 superbowls. Baltimore defense won 1 of 10? or more..

This disproves your assertation?

well baltimore was longer and maybe add the steelers in there too but you get what i am saying
    Last edited by Remedy; 01-16-2012, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    I can't edit, which is why I have to continue like this. But why would I be rude to you? You've been nothing but nice to me. If it came across that way, I'm sorry. I definitely didn't mean it that way.
    Sorry bud!!! There are so many "rude" types here, I guess I pushed the button too quick on you. At first it sounded like my whole message about being a passer's league etc. was common knowledge.....as in, why bother to make this thread?

Apology accepted?

Leave a comment:

• tzinc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    I wasn't trying to be rude. Everyone knows that Tebow needs to improve as a passer. That's a fact. Yes?
    I can't edit, which is why I have to continue like this. But why would I be rude to you? You've been nothing but nice to me. If it came across that way, I'm sorry. I definitely didn't mean it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    This is where I stopped.......I am not big on "rude".......
    I wasn't trying to be rude. Everyone knows that Tebow needs to improve as a passer. That's a fact. Yes?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Everyone knows that.
    This is where I stopped.......I am not big on "rude".......

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    I would say Eli is elite
    Aye the way hes been playing, the comes backs... OH and he has a ring.
    Brady, rodgers, brees, peyton, eli, big ben rivers
    and then theres everyone else

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    It may be a passer's league to get you to the PO's.

But the reality is the teams in the PO's right now 3 of 4 at a minimum can run the ball and stop the run.

Flacco is far from a superior passer. Eli continues to claim he is elite. He is good but not Great. Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Brees are all out of it!

You have to have the D in this league which is precisely why Fox is a great hire. Let's hope we build that D line out!
    I would say Eli is elite

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    If you judge this post by the cover (title) you may assume that I don't see Tim Tebow in our future. My response to that would be.......you are right and maybe wrong. (BTW......I do like the guy!!)

Tim needs to grow into a passer, and he has to do it relatively soon. He can run all over the field, but like what we saw this weekend, there are reasons that his style may not be in our best interests for the long term....

1) The Pats, who have a relatively poor D, had the option figured out really well this weekend. If they can figure it out and defend against it, the rest of the league won't be too far behind.
    2) If you haven't noticed......the teams who are excelling are the teams that can throw the ball. Clearly Rodgers had an off day, as did his receivers, but we know what he is capable of......and in the case of the loss, his opponent -Manning, was throwing the ball, and for lots of yardage! This wasn't a Giants' run game that won the game.....it was passing and their D.

And Brady is an arm. We all know that. They say he has all those weapons, but really.......how many teams could be as productive with two TEs, and some little guys receiving the ball....with hardly any run attack? Passing baby!!!

Brees played his typical pass oriented game, and did what he could to win, only to lose to a "Passing stud" named Alex Smith!!!! Seriously, the field manager threw amazingly well on Saturday, and that's why they won the game.....that was the only way for them to hold off New Orleans.

In the other game, Flacco won, in his conservative way, but had Schaub been there for Houston (watch out for next year!!), I believe the Oilers easily win that game.

And as for us.....Tebow threw for a lot of yardage against Pittsburgh.....if he doesn't throw so many bombs, I don't think we get past the Steelers.

~~~~~~

It's a passing game. If you can't move the ball quickly, you may get left behind. For Tim to be successful, and for Elway to fully appreciate him, he's got to make big strides towards passing competency......and I don't just mean mechanics. We're talking reading Ds, and making better, quicker decisions. Don't blame our oline.....often they have given him plenty of time.....he just gets lost out there at times. It's serious business, and he still has a ways to go, learning how, where and when to pass.

And for me, too much option will become a dying art in the NFL. Teams will be more ready. If on the other hand, TT upgrades his pass game, everything else will work. Teams can't D everything he does, if he gets the arm going.

I am still not convinced. But I am convinced in one thing....

I really do like and respect the dude!!!
    Everyone knows that. I'm going to ask you a few things.

1. Can Tebow make all of the throws? In my opinion, he showed he could.
    2. Is Tebow a good athlete? I believe he's a great athlete for playing the QB position.

The reason I point to those 2 things is because those, to me anyway, are the things that can't be taught. You can't teach athleticism (quick feet, etc.). You can't teach talent. He's got the talent to really drive that football down the field and even to take some off and drop it in the bucket.

The thing, to me, that made him inconsistent is that he doesn't know what he's doing. He looks at a defense and is like .

That's something that you can learn. Now the "x-factor" for me comes with how quickly he recognizes the D and how quickly he knows where to go with the football. A lot of QBs know right where to go with the football if you draw a play and say "against a cover 2". But when the bullets are flying, they don't recognize it very quickly and by the time they do recognize it, it's too late.

The thing is, Tebow does okay (not good, but okay) not knowing how to do this. By comparison, you've got Brady Quinn who can make all the throws and is a good athlete too. He has more of an idea what he's doing than Tim. I think we can agree on that. But Brady Quinn's never been able to top a 70 QB rating for a season...ever. Why is that? To me, it's the recognition and the doing part. There's a bit of a pause there that he can't afford. To me, that's what separates great QBs from everyone else. It's not arm, it's not athleticism, it's not even accuracy. It's the ability to see and diagnose instantaneously. It's like being able to hit the curve ball. Some can, some can't. You don't know why, it just is.

I think it's having a 4.6 second body with a 5.5 second mind myself. But that's just me. But that's the thing we need to find out about Tebow. But like I said, he's able to get a QB rating above 80 and above 70 without having the slightest idea of what he's doing. I imagine knowing what the defenses are will make things easier.

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    Jake,s kind of right here...

An O_line is expected to hold about 2.5 to 3 seconds to be recognise as effective. The rest is up to the Qb and the pass rush....

Leave a comment:

• #Broncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake
    I don't see how a below average O-line could lead the number one rushing attack in the NFL.
    Defenses were doing that because they weren't afraid of Tebow getting rid of the ball fast. Why should they be. He refused to.
    The threat of the QB running was what made the rushing attack so successful. Much like the 95 yard drive ended by the rushing TD by Tebow. The guy who was supposed to be covering Tebow simply turned inwards, and only lost a fraction of a second which resulted in a big play for Tebow.

Some games you notice they focused solely on Mcgahee and it made Tebow have more successful runs. Vice versa when they focused more on Tebow Mcgahee would have big games. That fraction of a second of indecision is what makes our running game so great.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post

But the reality is the teams in the PO's right now 3 of 4 at a minimum can run the ball and stop the run.

Flacco is far from a superior passer. Eli continues to claim he is elite. He is good but not Great. Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Brees are all out of it!

You have to have the D in this league which is precisely why Fox is a great hire. Let's hope we build that D line out!
    I am just saying that most of the good teams have a solid element of passing in their game. And if the Pats win it all, it's more about passing than D and a run game.

Going into this weekend, I had GB, New Orleans and New England as the top 3.......three teams with great passers......and not necessarily quality Ds. Manning put up good pass numbers, and so did Smith. Had Rodgers hit on a couple more passes, that may have been the reason for a victory for GB.

Look around, passing is in! Hey, I too believe in the run game, and I would love to have a solid D.....you need more than passing to win it all. But it's a popular trend.....

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X