X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by HASHxBROWNS View Post
    That Defense tore us up! They knew every play that we were doing! I say spy gate 3! It gets to easy for the other Defense to defend us when the play calling is crap and you run on 3rd and 12! The Oline was crap that game also!
    Oline and playcalling is part of the offense. Thus our offense stunk.

You do not need to spy on our offense to know what we are gonna do. We run like 5 formations all with some sort of option wrinkle thrown into it.

Playing our offense gap control and discipline are more important, having illegal footage of us wouldn't help a whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• SinePari
    replied
    I've always been a firm believer that everything else being equal, an elite defense wins over an elite offense.

This season actually made me change my mind seeing as how teams like the Saints, Pack, and New England just steamrolled teams.

But now with the Saints and Pack bounced by good defense (that Giants D made Aaron Rodgers look REALLY uncomfortable) I feel like maybe I was just swayed by the pretty stats and the beauty of high-flying offenses. In the end, I don't care if it looks pretty, I only care if it leads to a win.

If the Ravens bounce the Patriots, it'll only serve to solidify for me that even in a passing league, where the rules are clearly in favor of high-octane offenses, defense still rules.

All that being said, it might be a passer's league, but having an elite passer doesn't seem to guarantee a championship. And so we don't need Tebow to be a great passer, just serviceable. Saints, Pack, Lions, Bengals, Falcons...all top-10 in passing and none have a shot at the SuperBowl this year.

Even looking back at past SuperBowl Champs, defenses had to come up huge for the win. Last year, it was the turnovers forced by that Green Bay defense that helped swing momentum in their favor. The year before that, the big pick-6 on Peyton Manning by the Saints sealed the deal for New Orleans. The year before that, it was the Steeler's Harrison who made the big defensive play on the Cardinals to win it for Pittsburgh. The one before that, it was the Giants' pass rush that just overwhelmed Brady and the New England offense, limiting his ability to run up the score and setting up the miraculous "helmet catch."

Leave a comment:

• HASHxBROWNS
    replied
    Originally posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    Both sides of the ball lost the game. The offense could not get anything going at all. 45 points is bad. But 10 points scored against the Pats d is just as bad.
    That Defense tore us up! They knew every play that we were doing! I say spy gate 3! It gets to easy for the other Defense to defend us when the play calling is crap and you run on 3rd and 12! The Oline was crap that game also!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Brees was such an amazing passer after a few seasons that SD released him and only two teams wanted him. Btw the year he left the chargers is the year he became the leader he is...can go into details if need. Yea the injury played a role but be honest .. even before the injury no one thought he was elite.

Brady was actually critized at times early in his career. People knew he was clutch but even after the first ring no one thought he was on the same level as the elite qb

At times all thoughout his career people questioned Elways ability to throw the forward pass as efficient as the best qbs....the last game he played his former coach Reeves stacked the box and dared Elway to beat him

Maybe Tebow does not look like all that right now but do you really want me to keep listing the qbs who looked ugly specially earlier in their career? I can write an multi page essay on that with HoFers alone.

I do not know if Tebow can be a good enough passer to win a championship. No one does no matter what they say cuz no one has had a Tebow in the history of the nfl

Here is what I know

1. Before Tim took over no team in the nfl had more losses then us in the last two years...this team is BAD without Tebow.....we probably pick in top five if he did not become starter.
    2. As good as the running game is with Tebow we can easily improve the passing game with hardwork...remember this offense was essentially designed midseason. Imagine it with a full offseason to prepare and exploit easy passing plays because of the run game.
    3. The great qbs are great because of the will. They all have various skillets...Elway was different then Montana. They were both different then Young and all of them are different then Marino. The common factor all of them has that seperates them from the talented qbs who failed is their mind. Tebow has the mind of a champion. He just needs some more skills and who knows if one of the hardest working qbs in history can get those skills or not

I think going all in for a Tebow offense means allot of player changes. I think we need another running qb as backup for example.

Do we go all in? I dunno but I am not sure we win a ring unless we do.

Regardless i feel it is a complete no brainer Tebow is starter in 2012.

The broncos owe it to themselves to see how good this kid can be for the first time ever with the coaches designing a offense all offseason for Tim, all the players practicing all offseason like Tim is the starter and the broncos getting more talent to run an offense around Tebow. None of that has happened yet and Tim helped us win the division and beat the steelers in the playoffs.

Elway lost to the steelers in the playoffs when he first played them

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by HASHxBROWNS View Post
    You need a awesome D to win the SB! Look at the gaints, they shut down the packers passing game and they couldn't come back from the big lead! Gaints D got turnovers gave their offense easy scores! The gaints offense did do good but just shows you that you need a good balance! Tebow can throw and get wins with the passing unless our D gives up 45points heck not even Elway could have made that great of a come back! Tebow will work hard this off season! Lets hope it pays off so he can shut up all the haters! But our D can't give up 45 points heck they did it to the packers and Orton was our QB! He couldn't even pass us back into the game.. I don't blame the offense at all for those loses, I blame it all on the D! Tebow is our QB and hes going to break records and win SB! I believe in him 100%
    Both sides of the ball lost the game. The offense could not get anything going at all. 45 points is bad. But 10 points scored against the Pats d is just as bad.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by FanofFootball View Post
    Well good to know then that in his first playoff game against the #1 defense, under the highest of pressure in over time, Tim Tebow can make one of the most high risk, pin point accurate TD passes a quarterback can possibly make that sets a passing TD record, wins the game, ends the day with a 125 passer rating and finishes off his first year as the #1 most efficient NFL passer by air with 12.3 yards per attempt, a 90.0 overall playoff passer rating............despite the 32nd worse receiving corps in dropped passes, 22nd ranked defense, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

If he can do this, what's he going to be able to do when he has the #1 receiving corps in the league in a passing offense suited to him like the Patriots and Brady?

Oh PS: The Patriots have the 2nd best defense in the NFL. Nobody takes away what you do better than the Patriots and Bill.
    Dropped passes... I'd like to know where you get your stats from..

Also... we had one of the best offensive lines in the league... how else would you explain being the number one rushing team in the league.

Pats do not have the 2nd best defense in the NFL... You're just making things up and it shows.

Why do people lie? What is the point.

Leave a comment:

• HASHxBROWNS
    replied
    You need a awesome D to win the SB! Look at the gaints, they shut down the packers passing game and they couldn't come back from the big lead! Gaints D got turnovers gave their offense easy scores! The gaints offense did do good but just shows you that you need a good balance! Tebow can throw and get wins with the passing unless our D gives up 45points heck not even Elway could have made that great of a come back! Tebow will work hard this off season! Lets hope it pays off so he can shut up all the haters! But our D can't give up 45 points heck they did it to the packers and Orton was our QB! He couldn't even pass us back into the game.. I don't blame the offense at all for those loses, I blame it all on the D! Tebow is our QB and hes going to break records and win SB! I believe in him 100%

Leave a comment:

• lfmyers27
    replied
    Its becoming a passers league but I'd would much rather have an elite defense and great running game

Besides tim got just as far as rogers and brees did in the playoffs...

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Poof.

Credibility gone.
    I was lucky this time.....it could have been a good argument had the facts been a little more accurate.......in this case, I was served such a juicy "flaw", even I could refute it!!!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by FanofFootball View Post
    Well good to know then that in his first playoff game against the #1 defense, under the highest of pressure in over time, Tim Tebow can make one of the most high risk, pin point accurate TD passes a quarterback can possibly make that sets a passing TD record, wins the game, ends the day with a 125 passer rating and finishes off his first year as the #1 most efficient NFL passer by air with 12.3 yards per attempt, a 90.0 overall playoff passer rating............despite the 32nd worse receiving corps in dropped passes, 22nd ranked defense, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

If he can do this, what's he going to be able to do when he has the #1 receiving corps in the league in a passing offense suited to him like the Patriots and Brady?

Oh PS: The Patriots have the 2nd best defense in the NFL. Nobody takes away what you do better than the Patriots and Bill.
    Poof.

Credibility gone.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Tebow will never be brees but I see him more as a roethlisberger type of QB
    As Remedy responded, I too would be fine with that. Ben gets it done, and I think Tim can too.....once he matures a bit.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    I agree with ya Can.

One more thing he needs to work on is his pocket mobility. He needs to learn to dodge the rush without doing his running around thing. He needs to watch Brady/Rodgers/Brees with their ability to step around in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield.
    You are so right......he doesn't have to run around like a kid in a playground....sometimes you take a few steps one way or another, and you buy yourself another few seconds.

And as for the oline......it's hard to protect a guy who takes off in unusual directions. Sometimes Tim runs right into pressure.

He is still a mystery to me. He can look so bad, and then make something happen. I still don't know how we beat Miami and Chicago (and maybe one or two other teams). And injuries hurt Pittsburgh badly, but it was still an amazing outcome. The mystique and the legend grow. But in the end, I want a consistent QB, who can pass in this league.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-16-2012, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    I agree with ya Can.

One more thing he needs to work on is his pocket mobility. He needs to learn to dodge the rush without doing his running around thing. He needs to watch Brady/Rodgers/Brees with their ability to step around in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Tebow will never be brees but I see him more as a roethlisberger type of QB
    I would be very very very very ok with that...(minus the rape ofcourse)
    I am excited to see tebow after an off season. I hope he is the guy.

Leave a comment:

• Houdini
    replied
    The question is will Fox allow to add more balance to the offense for the next season. I think we should. I believe we need to add more passing to this offense. We need to see if Tim can pass the test. If not, time to go find one that can play in a balanced offense.

Let's put it bluntly, as long as Fox is the HC, we will never be a pass-centric team.

Edit: I just looked at the pass attempts we had this year compared to other teams. Quite a difference in the numbers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X