Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway teaches amateurs football: Tebow's not supposed to complete at 60%.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sidewinder View Post
    he was still above 50% with all those drops. Every team has drops,hell the broncos were dropping balls with orton but didn't see everybody crying then
    Every Bronco fan was literally crying then
    "It's been all business. Everybody's asking me where I'm living. I been living over here, living here at the facility."
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
      Easy to predict when his accuracy has been inconsistent all along. Especially when we fielded a strong ground game. It gave defenses 2 reasons to play us the way they did, and no reason not to.

Until he proves he can consistently complete passes against 1 on 1 coverage, that is what is going to happen.

Personally I am looking forward to seeing how Tim does next year. He will have his first full offseason as the starter, with all the coaching and work with the line and receivers that he can. He deserves the chance to go into next year with all the help and support the team can give him. He has yet to have that in his time in the NFL.

Next year though, is his "make or break" year. He will be in his 3rd season as a pro. He must improve his game enough to be able to force defenses to play the pass. Can he? I think so. Will he? That remains to be seen.

Talk about an oxymoron. Predicting inconsistency. Predicting the unpredictable.

You know what WAS consistent? The #1 rushing team in the NFL. That's what they were defending.....consistently. That was all because of starting Tebow.

People and ESPN are going to be so freaking wrong once again next year....and my favorite part about the NEW thing that Tim Tebow' can't do now....

"Tim Tebow will never win a super bowl."

Oh noooo they didn't. They didn't just go there did they? Somewhere Skip Bayless is Tebowing and smiling deep inside of him. I bet he's more ready for the 2012 season than the Super Bowl.

He'll never be a 1st round draft pick
      He'll never be a starting QB.
      He'll never win a football game.
      He'll never win a playoff game.

The only thing they forgot to say last week is "he'll never win a divisional round playoff game". I wish they would have.

But that's ok because now....they went there.

'"He'll never win a super bowl".

Tebow nation, are you ready for 2012? I'm calling it right now. 13-3 #1 or #2 seed. Home divisional playoff game or home AFC Championship. Super Bowl! 2012. You can bank on it.

Comment

• So throwing the ball 30+ yards down the field all the time is going to result in a lower completion %? Interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          I think Tebow would have to improve dramatically for next season not to be a make or break season. If he doesn't show substantial growth, they can't wait a third season hoping it finally happens in the last year of his contract and they will be looking for a top QB in the 2013 draft.

All of this QB talk is all just guessing at this point though since the QBs they bring in during the offseason will have a huge impact on what happens.
          Yeah, it's almost a win win for the Broncos. We had this amazing season this year but there are still strong headwinds. If Tebow doesn't step up, we'll have a great draft pick. If he does, we'll have a guy we can move forward with.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            Yeah, it's almost a win win for the Broncos. We had this amazing season this year but there are still strong headwinds. If Tebow doesn't step up, we'll have a great draft pick. If he does, we'll have a guy we can move forward with.
            I hope we don't have to sit through a season though where we have to get a good draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
              So throwing the ball 30+ yards down the field all the time is going to result in a lower completion %? Interesting
              Hay I didn't see you reply to the thread where you were on a hating calling spree where people who said against Pittsburgh it came down to execution more so than much difference in play calling. Some how it was hating on Tebow but just a FYI in case you didn't see my reply. John Fox and Tim Tebow both agreed with me Damn haters they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by FanofFootball View Post
                Talk about an oxymoron. Predicting inconsistency. Predicting the unpredictable.

huh? There isn't any predicting the unpredictable going on with there at all. Until an offense shows that it can beat a defense consistently, the defense is just going to keep doing the same things. It goes the other way too. Until a defense shuts down something an offense is doing successfully, that offense is going to keep doing whatever it is the defense cant stop. Thats just basic football. Hell, thats a basic life lesson.

You know what WAS consistent? The #1 rushing team in the NFL. That's what they were defending.....consistently. That was all because of starting Tebow.

No, it wasnt all because of Tebow. He was a key part, yes. But lets not pretend that he was the ONLY reason the rush offense did as well as it did. Sheesh.

People and ESPN are going to be so freaking wrong once again next year....and my favorite part about the NEW thing that Tim Tebow' can't do now....

"Tim Tebow will never win a super bowl."

Oh noooo they didn't. They didn't just go there did they? Somewhere Skip Bayless is Tebowing and smiling deep inside of him. I bet he's more ready for the 2012 season than the Super Bowl.

He'll never be a 1st round draft pick
                He'll never be a starting QB.
                He'll never win a football game.
                He'll never win a playoff game.

And your point is....what exactly? I never said any of that.

The only thing they forgot to say last week is "he'll never win a divisional round playoff game". I wish they would have.

But that's ok because now....they went there.

'"He'll never win a super bowl".

Tebow nation, are you ready for 2012? I'm calling it right now. 13-3 #1 or #2 seed. Home divisional playoff game or home AFC Championship. Super Bowl! 2012. You can bank on it.
                Umm. That last is a serious longshot. We are a better team than last year, no doubt of that. But we have a LONG ways to go before we can honestly claim to be a legitimate SB contender, an elite team. We are going in the right direction, but no way are we ready to go head to head with the big boys on a championship level.

Not for a couple years yet anyway...
                sigpic

Comment

• He must improve..duh!

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  Something will have to change in this passing game. The completion percentage will have to increase and the same goes to the yards per attempt. Because the 2011 offense makes no sense. Is it a vertical passing game? Shost down the field? Okay, but the YPA cannot be as low as 6.4 in my opinion. 31st passing offense? Not good. Only 3 teams completed less than 55% of the passes: Rams, Broncos, Jaguars. The Cardinals completed 55.8% of their passes and they were ranked 29th in such category.

The playcalling can get better. More safe throws to create rhythm and confidence. Screen passes. Drag routes. Is the defense playing man-to-man with 9 in the box to stop the run? Then throw the ball. Throw on every 1st down. I loved that first throw to Demaryius Thomas against the Jets. Break the huddle with a Big I formation, then change to a spread formation before the snap. Playcalling can manufacture a higher completion percentage.

But the issue goes beyond a bunch of screen passes or a bunch of deep routes. I think the key for Tebow is the middle of the field. He struggles to change his read from an outside route to a next target crossing the middle of the field. I saw this problem in college during the loss to Alabama and it's happening in the NFL. Instead of leaving the pocket to improvise (forcing the receivers to improvise), Tebow should move in the pocket and locate the other targets. He will have to play faster.

Tebow will have to make a transition from running QB to passing QB. More completed passes, more YPA, more 3rd down conversions, less fumbles. Maybe his completion percentage won't be 60% in 2012, but it can't be 46.5% with 6.4 YPA.
                  Great post! I believe next year will be Tebow's make it or break it year. I don't mean he has to win the SB (that would be nice though), but he does have to improve significantly so defenses cannot just stack the box. We have to make them pay for that. We do have a great running game. We just have to threaten them enough so other teams cannot concentrate on stopping the run all the time.

A good percentage completion would help, coupled with those long bombs.
                  I like this post because it takes into stride that we do have a QB already. We won 1 game into the playoffs with him. How many pretty spiral throwing QBs are in teams didn't even make it to the playoffs.

We have a good thing here guys. We made it to the playoffs. I for one say, we take it for as far as Tebow can go. I think Fox is a savvy coach and he can build on success. We had success doing it with TT. Let's see how far it'll go before we just throw everything out because it "looks" unconventional.

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                    Umm. That last is a serious longshot. We are a better team than last year, no doubt of that. But we have a LONG ways to go before we can honestly claim to be a legitimate SB contender, an elite team. We are going in the right direction, but no way are we ready to go head to head with the big boys on a championship level.

Not for a couple years yet anyway...
                    Looked to me like they did pretty good against some of the big boys this year. Broncos, thanks to Tim being very efficient, and Fox as a head coach, didn't lack in execution which is the most important thing in football. They were disciplined for the most part, and did what they were supposed to do with what they had.

They got unlucky in facing the Patriots twice which they do not match up well. That's another team that executes very efficiently but also have everything else and have been doing this for some time. But if they can prove they can execute and have this type of guts and success, Fox will get the weapons and money he needs. Players will get paid. They will have more talent next year.

When you are two games away from the super bowl after starting 1-4, I wouldn't expect anything less the following year. Not a long shot at all. That's what Fox is expected to do now. Look at things realistically. What Harbaugh did is amazing but that comes rare in the NFL. Same for Fox. But in this division and with the coaching talent available I don't expect those types of transformations from these other teams.

Kansas City - QB issues, coaching instability.
                    Raiders - Just got a new GM. A year behind on timeline in comparison...and they're the Raiders.
                    San Diego - Oh boy. Major issues. After Rivera left it's clear this team is on a down slope. With the way Rivers has played this year I see it getting worse.
                    Bucs - Coaching change. Josh Freeman's getting sorrier and sorrier. Worst team in the NFC when it's all said and done. Probably worse than the Rams. Finished losing 10 straight.
                    Browns - LOL

Bengals- Will be a good healthy team

The only tough teams:
                    Patriots -Always tough but revenge is always sweet. Broncos will play them tough.
                    Pittsburgh - Ben will be back healthy. They'll be back to form next year.
                    Saints - I actually expect a down year but it will be in New Orleans so still a tough game. But Fox is pretty familiar with them.

13-3 is very attainable. Of course everything can change next year, but if Broncos had to play them again as of right now, that's how I see it based on the direction and momentum.
                    Last edited by FanofFootball; 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Not only that but half those guys do not have the interception % that Tebow does and they certainly don't have the td-to-int% he has which makes a lot of them average despite their completion %.

It's not better to be a 60% passer with a higher interception % than a 50 or even a 47% passer with a top of the league interception % and #1 in the league passing air yards %.

They can't match Tebow in that department which is more important.

It's great that they can get 2 extra third downs a game in 10 yard increments....but if you throw an interception on the third attempt on 2nd down, you probably cost your team the game. Tebow gets 40 yards at once, which is the equivalent of 4 first downs, on one throw and doesn't throw a pick the entire game.

That typically means winning.
                      You're a panther fan that likes to dog Cam like the tebow haters do tebow...Tebow has a higher turnover % than Cam Newton....

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...tebow+turnover

theres a chart^

Comment

• Originally posted by -13 Amp- View Post
                        You're a panther fan that likes to dog Cam like the tebow haters do tebow...Tebow has a higher turnover % than Cam Newton....

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...tebow+turnover

theres a chart^
                        Your link actually goes against you. Although Tebows overall turnover % was 0.1% more than Cam Newton...you were replying to a statement that talked about interception % and its intrinsic value to completion %.
                        Tebow did drastically better than Newton in that category, and his overall turnover numbers are skewed by fumbles lost, which when you have the highest number of pressures against you, blind sided attacks are going to result in more fumbles.

The O-line was a roller coaster of amazing and terrible each game this year for the Broncos, luckily Tebow is incredibly difficult to bring down or other negative numbers would've been far worse.

Comment

• Turnovers are turnovers, the leauge doesn't care if you fumble or throw a pick...BUT Tebow's fumbles mostly come from when hes dropped back to pass and they hit him...thats still a passing play that didn't happen because he, turned the ball over...would you have rather him threw it and it have been intercepted? a turnover is a turnover, then add that to the fact Tebow barely has half the TDs as someone like Cam or the other QBs listed above him...

and a quote from that link "Extrapolate Tebow's pass attempts to Newton's pass attempts and Tebow turns the ball over 2 or 3% more than Newton."
                          Last edited by -13 Amp-; 01-17-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Looked to me like they did pretty good against some of the big boys this year. Broncos, thanks to Tim being very efficient, and Fox as a head coach, didn't lack in execution which is the most important thing in football. They were disciplined for the most part, and did what they were supposed to do with what they had.

They got unlucky in facing the Patriots twice which they do not match up well. That's another team that executes very efficiently but also have everything else and have been doing this for some time. But if they can prove they can execute and have this type of guts and success, Fox will get the weapons and money he needs. Players will get paid. They will have more talent next year.

When you are two games away from the super bowl after starting 1-4, I wouldn't expect anything less the following year. Not a long shot at all. That's what Fox is expected to do now. Look at things realistically. What Harbaugh did is amazing but that comes rare in the NFL. Same for Fox. But in this division and with the coaching talent available I don't expect those types of transformations from these other teams.

Kansas City - QB issues, coaching instability.
                            Raiders - Just got a new GM. A year behind on timeline in comparison...and they're the Raiders.
                            San Diego - Oh boy. Major issues. After Rivera left it's clear this team is on a down slope. With the way Rivers has played this year I see it getting worse.
                            Bucs - Coaching change. Josh Freeman's getting sorrier and sorrier. Worst team in the NFC when it's all said and done. Probably worse than the Rams. Finished losing 10 straight.
                            Browns - LOL

Bengals- Will be a good healthy team

The only tough teams:
                            Patriots -Always tough but revenge is always sweet. Broncos will play them tough.
                            Pittsburgh - Ben will be back healthy. They'll be back to form next year.
                            Saints - I actually expect a down year but it will be in New Orleans so still a tough game. But Fox is pretty familiar with them.

13-3 is very attainable. Of course everything can change next year, but if Broncos had to play them again as of right now, that's how I see it based on the direction and momentum.
                            If you say so...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Wow!

Originally posted by FanofFootball View Post
                              13-3 is very attainable.
                              That seems very unrealistic.

If the Broncos split the extra-divisonal games and swept the division, that would still only be 11-5.

You do know they play the AFC North, NFC South, Patriots and Texans, right?

9-7 is realistic for me. Not so much for other guys around here.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X