• Show
Clear All

• good article on what Tebow needs to do now

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/s...tive-offseason

I don't have to read it, but I bet it says "Get better."

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      I don't have to read it, but I bet it says "Get better."
      The best part is that the author quotes George Whitfield...the QB tutor for Newton/Rivers/Big Ben. I hope to heck Tim hires this guy & works with him.

Comment

Same old, same old. Everyone knows he needs to get better. Lets wait and see what they do with him and who they bring in to work with him.

I think the time he spends with Elway will be valuable and he will come out looking sharp next season.

People need to relax and let him progress and see how he looks next year. I think we will see a very improved passer when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by texasbroncfan View Post
          Same old, same old. Everyone knows he needs to get better. Lets wait and see what they do with him and who they bring in to work with him.

I think the time he spends with Elway will be valuable and he will come out looking sharp next season.

People need to relax and let him progress and see how he looks next year. I think we will see a very improved passer when the time comes.
          Agreed. I do put blame on Tebow for his performance in NE, but i put blame on the entire team and coaching staff. The will to win with this kid cant be overshadowed some bad games. Elway even said it doesnt come around everyday. We need to work on getting him some weapons, along with him working in the offseason on being able to make key passes.
          PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

Why do people use Newton and Dalton as measuring sticks?

Tebow got further than both Dalton and Newton in the playoffs and, unlike Newton, he didn't have the luxury of working with a HOF QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_N_Broncs View Post
              Agreed. I do put blame on Tebow for his performance in NE, but i put blame on the entire team and coaching staff. The will to win with this kid cant be overshadowed some bad games. Elway even said it doesnt come around everyday. We need to work on getting him some weapons, along with him working in the offseason on being able to make key passes.
              Unless Tim was going to score every drive I doubt you can blame Tim for NE. They punted on 3rd down thats how soft the defense played.
              From Lafayette, enough with this bandwagon nonsense.

Comment

"It's a learned skill set," Whitfield said. "He can go train at it and get it."
                This is what I've been saying to everyone since probably about the time Tebow got here. He's got the stuff you can't teach. He's got a good arm. He's got athleticism. He can make all of the throws.

What he needs to do is learn the craft of playing QB. Tebow would just go out there and wing it. The fact that he's good enough to do that should encourage the Denver Broncos. Because that's something that most rookies can't do at the NFL level. But Tebow was able to get away with it a good part of the time.

Another thing I can argue about Tim Tebow's inconsistency is that I wonder if his concentration is right. Because we've all seen Tebow sail passes and miss passes, but then the 4th quarter comes along, and he becomes a better QB. Why? I wonder if his concentration really hones in at that point and he acts like every pass is the team's last chance.

He needs to bring that type of focus and concentration to the 1st 3 quarters. Then he won't need it in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch24 View Post
                  Unless Tim was going to score every drive I doubt you can blame Tim for NE. They punted on 3rd down thats how soft the defense played.
                  I put partial blame because he didnt really do anything offensively. Thats also why i blame coaching staff for being too predictable.
                  PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                    This is what I've been saying to everyone since probably about the time Tebow got here. He's got the stuff you can't teach. He's got a good arm. He's got athleticism. He can make all of the throws.

What he needs to do is learn the craft of playing QB. Tebow would just go out there and wing it. The fact that he's good enough to do that should encourage the Denver Broncos. Because that's something that most rookies can't do at the NFL level. But Tebow was able to get away with it a good part of the time.

Another thing I can argue about Tim Tebow's inconsistency is that I wonder if his concentration is right. Because we've all seen Tebow sail passes and miss passes, but then the 4th quarter comes along, and he becomes a better QB. Why? I wonder if his concentration really hones in at that point and he acts like every pass is the team's last chance.

He needs to bring that type of focus and concentration to the 1st 3 quarters. Then he won't need it in the 4th quarter.
                    I said "rookies" I'd like to take that back. Unfortunately, I can't edit. I should say that's something most QBs in the NFL can't do. Because they can't. Tebow can. It's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Phear the Phish View Post

Tebow got further than both Dalton and Newton in the playoffs and, unlike Newton, he didn't have the luxury of working with a HOF QB.
                      Because they can't use Sam Bradford anymore like they did last year. They can't really use Colt McCoy. It's a good question though. Why not use Ponder and Locker while they're at it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch24 View Post
                        Agreed. Plus it didn't help that Tim was running for his life on 80% of the plays because the O-line wasn't containing anything. Felt bad for the guy.

Our defense couldn't stop anything at all. Even if TT played lights out he still wouldn't have been able to overcome the gap. The team, as a whole, played horrible, and I direct that to the coaching staff.

Comment

Jemele Hill made the comparisons because she wants Tebow to succeed. She is no hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Phear the Phish View Post

Because theyre rookies that just happen to be ahead of Tebow on being a real NFL pocket QB.

Winning is a TEAM stat. The other stuff Completion %, TD's, INT, 3rd down conversions is the individual measuring stick.

So many of you diminish everything Dalton and Scum Newton do. Yet every single NFL GM would take either one over tebow if given the choice.

WHY? Not because their better people or they have a massive desire to win. It's because they need the least amount of practice to get better and they wouldn't be forced to completely re-tool their offenses to fit a limited skill set.

Dalton won just as many games as Tim (9) and lost one less. So what if Tebow made it one round further do the Broncos get a trohpy for that? Super Bowl wins is all that matter in the NFL. Oh and by the way Dalton is ACTUALLY a rookie. Not the "2nd year rookie" you guys so love to claim about Tebow.

Tebow had, OTA's, mini-camps and a pre-season last year. 16 games last year and another limited pre-season this year with 5 games on the bench and started another 13.

By my estimation thats HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF practice and thousands of thrown balls. Yet there isn't a guy at any level in the NFL that would say Tebow is the better QB.

Oh an by the way Tebow CHOSE not to work with anyone. Scum asked Moon to work with him. See how that works. One kid hired an NFL HOF qb to teach him the game.. the other threw to people in parking lots while he did his book tour.
                            Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                              I said "rookies" I'd like to take that back. Unfortunately, I can't edit. I should say that's something most QBs in the NFL can't do. Because they can't. Tebow can. It's interesting.
                              Every QB has a good arm... every QB can make all the throws or they wouldn't sniff the NFL. The difference is they cant to all the time. They have fits and starts of brilliance followed by horrible play.

That's Tebow. Looks good on paper, strong, fast, plays hard, wants to win, can make the throws but in reality you often get 10/22 163 yards and a horrible 3rd down %.

You can't live like that. You just can't.

In order for Tebow to survive HE NEEDS TO ADAPT not the other way around.

College offenses are just that COLLEGE OFFENSES. They don't work in the NFL not because they haven't been tried. The Wildcat, The Pistol, Wishbone and blah blah blah.. they don't work because in college you have WILD DISPARITY of talent. in the NFL the margins are so slim those types of offenses cant survive.

Good teams destroyed the Broncos, Mediocre teams beat the broncos and poor teams made the Broncos come from behind in the 4th to win.

Why? Because the offense SUCKED most of the time. Unsustained drives, Turn Overs, inability to put points on the board kept crappy teams in the game, gave good teams insurmountable leads and lead to butt-kicking's by the good teams.

The defense saved the offenses ass in those 6 wins. not the other way around. Who scored a TD against the Jets? The Defense. Who kept the bears RB in bounds, The defense, who forced the fumble against the bears? Defense. Who picked off Ponder to give the broncos the FG shot for the win? The Defense.

Denver won DESPITE an anemic offense.

Tebow owns part of that, so do the WR, so does the O-LIne and the TE's and McCoy. But and its a big but..a lot fall on Tebow's inability to drive his team to score points.
                              Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Working...
                              X