Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good article on what Tebow needs to do now

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TampaRob View Post
    Because there arent going to be any QB's in FA that leave the team they are currently with that are better than Tebow.

    The backup being lefty also would only make the O-line blocking stay the same, weakside protection etc. People who think what hand or the rotation of the football effect the receiver are straight crazy.

    If they go with a Tebow centered offense, then a backup who can play something close to him is needed. Josh Johnson from Tampa has been my guy to put in. He is ALOT smaller though and wouldnt hold up if Tebow went down for a long period of time.
    The balls Tebow throw don't rotate though...
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

    Comment


    • Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
      The balls Tebow throw don't rotate though...
      You made me spit my water out...LOL!!!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • I don't think you should let Tebow's abilities (or lack of depending on your pov) affect your choosing of a qb. The idea that you are only going for a backup for Tebow is a little self defeating. We need 2 qbs. If we pass on a more promising prospect because he doesn't match a specific skill set, we take the chance of missing out on a franchise type qb. Get the best player you can with the money you have to spend. If Tebow pans out, you have someone of worth to trade, If he fails then you have his replacement. Tebow has huge upside and huge downside (at this point). If the time comes to take Tebow out or if he is injured, the offense will have to adjust the playcalling accordingly, just like it did with Tebow. This would seem to be a step backward, but in reality it would just be a return to the original gameplan making Tebow just a bump in the road.

        Comment


        • I think Tebow's backup is already on the team. His name is Adam Weber.

          What we haven't seen from Weber speaks volumes. He didn't really play in any preseason games this past season. I think the FO and coaching staff were trying to hide him so they could sign him to the practice squad. He was rumored by the press to have the best arm out of the 4 quarterbacks here.

          I am excited to see him signed to the active roster and play in the preseason.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by qbronco View Post
            I think Tebow's backup is already on the team. His name is Adam Weber.

            What we haven't seen from Weber speaks volumes. He didn't really play in any preseason games this past season. I think the FO and coaching staff were trying to hide him so they could sign him to the practice squad. He was rumored by the press to have the best arm out of the 4 quarterbacks here.

            I am excited to see him signed to the active roster and play in the preseason.
            Well said,i agree with you :thumb:

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
              I don't think you should let Tebow's abilities (or lack of depending on your pov) affect your choosing of a qb. The idea that you are only going for a backup for Tebow is a little self defeating. We need 2 qbs. If we pass on a more promising prospect because he doesn't match a specific skill set, we take the chance of missing out on a franchise type qb. Get the best player you can with the money you have to spend. If Tebow pans out, you have someone of worth to trade, If he fails then you have his replacement. Tebow has huge upside and huge downside (at this point). If the time comes to take Tebow out or if he is injured, the offense will have to adjust the playcalling accordingly, just like it did with Tebow. This would seem to be a step backward, but in reality it would just be a return to the original gameplan making Tebow just a bump in the road.
              It's a tough road to choose.

              On the one hand, you can go after the best QB you can possibly get. It pushes Tebow to improve. And if he can't, then you've at least upgraded at the position.

              On the other hand, that can start a QB controversy (like we just went thru with Orton & Tebow) that can stall a franchise's development, cause doubt and distractions.

              Or you can decide to go for it with Tebow and get a solid backup type, maybe an aging vet who would be content in the role of mentor. Then things can be moved forward on all fronts. Of course if Tebow busts, then the entire team has just wasted an entire season (or more) of effort going in the wrong direction and finds themselves back on "square one" - again...

              EFX have some tough decisions to be making in the very near future.
              "That's a crap question."
              - Kyle Orton

              Comment


              • Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                The balls Tebow throw don't rotate though...
                And yet he is our starting QB... :thumb:
                while the QB you have an unhealthy obssesion for
                does not even have a team.. let alone a starting gig.

                The future looks good for Tim, Denver, and Broncos fans...
                but you dont even know what board you will be tormenting next season.

                So sad.
                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by neckbeard View Post

                  On the other hand, that can start a QB controversy (like we just went thru with Orton & Tebow) that can stall a franchise's development, cause doubt and distractions.

                  .
                  what really will stall the broncos development is wasting part of next season just finding out what is already apparant...tebow is who most people thought he was and he showed it during the last 5 games.
                  "Obviously, he's got a great following and there's a lot to Tim Tebow....what he is as a man. And I think that's why he has such a great following....But the bottom line is ... to put the best football players on that field that give us the best chance to win."-John Elway

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pappy97 View Post
                    what really will stall the broncos development is wasting part of next season just finding out what is already apparant...tebow is who most people thought he was and he showed it during the last 5 games.
                    "According to the ESPN Sports Poll, Tim Tebow is now America's favorite active pro athlete." So when you say MOST people who do you mean? Most people think he's pretty good apparently.

                    "2012 NFL Playoffs: Tim Tebow's Overtime Pass Grows Legend, Beats Steelers." I seem to remember this is one of Tebows last 5 games. So are you implying he is legendary already? I wouldn't go that far yet.

                    These are quotes from major sports networks. Not something I made up in my mind as you apparently have.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X