Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos strength coach Rich Tuten not returning in 2012 Read more: Broncos strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos strength coach Rich Tuten not returning in 2012 Read more: Broncos strength

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19759484

Rich Tuten, the Broncos' strength-and-conditioning coach since 1995, will not be back in 2012.
    Tuten notified several players that he was informed by the club his contract would not be renewed. The team confirmed it is in the process of identifying candidates to head its strength and conditioning program.
    "After 17 years the Broncos have decided to make a change in their strength program," Tuten said. "It's been a great part of me and my family's life. I would like to thank Mr. Bowlen for his support and we wish the Broncos the very best."
    It's rare that any assistant coach not only lasts 17 years with one team, but through three head coaches. When Mike Shanahan became the Broncos' head coach in 1995, Tuten was one of his first hires. Tuten stayed through the two seasons with Josh McDaniels and this past season with John Fox.
    Tuten designed the Broncos' state-of-the-art, 9,000 square foot conditioning center that was completed in the spring of 2004.
    Perhaps, one reason for the move was the Broncos' trend of late-season fades dating back to the 2002 season, when they started 6-2 and finished 9-7.
    More recently, the Broncos were 8-5 in 2008, 2009 and 2011, and finished 8-8 each time.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Your thread beat mine by seconds!!

Good luck to Tuten wherever he goes after this. Now people will have to blame someone else for normal injuries.

Comment

I won't say this is a bad thing. Hats off to Tuten for a nice long career with the Broncos, but we have had a pretty rough patch of groin and hammy issues a few years running (this year excluded, we were pretty lucky)

Romanowski coming in anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        I won't say this is a bad thing. Hats off to Tuten for a nice long career with the Broncos, but we have had a pretty rough patch of groin and hammy issues a few years running (this year excluded, we were pretty lucky)

Romanowski coming in anyone?
        It they install a hyperbaric chamber, then we know he is the next coach.

Comment

I think that after 17 years change becomes necessary in this league...
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
            It they install a hyperbaric chamber, then we know he is the next coach.
            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Wow, this is shocking
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post

Romo is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post

Romo is coming.
                  ... The Associated Press reports 53 Denver Broncos fail HGH testing...

Comment

They should just have Tebow be the strength-and-conditioning coach also! The way he works out hes a beast! Every player on the team would be able to last longer then 4Qs!

Comment

I wish Tuten the best but I'm all for it.

I look at other team's players (i.e., Niner's, Giants, Cowboys) and get envious on why you can't see our player's muscles bulging out of their uniforms.
                      We need to go try and pry away one of the team's S&C coach mentioned above. Or maybe see what Romo has...just kidding.....maybe.

Comment

I remember romo (the real romo) wanting to get on the broncos staff as a strength and conditioning coach. Wonder if they let him interview? But when Eddie royal starts running around looking like Vernon Davis you know what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                          I remember romo (the real romo) wanting to get on the broncos staff as a strength and conditioning coach. Wonder if they let him interview? But when Eddie royal starts running around looking like Vernon Davis you know what's up.
                          Or Knowshon running guys over like Hillis

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                            Wow, this is shocking
                            No.. it is about time.

Tuten is a great guy.. but it is time.

There have been MANY posts over the last few years here
                            with folks questioning this aspect of the broncos program.

Change here can/should/will be a very good thing.
                            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
                              Or Knowshon running guys over like Hillis
                              Lol. Or Matt Prater looking like Jay Cutler

Comment

Working...
                              X