Royal dissatisfied with offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
    Tebow also didn't play 5 games of the season which is what took us from a 89yd pg rushing attacking to a 159yd pg rushing attack.

They can make stats look however they want; but no one will point out we did it in 11 games.
    This is a good point. The main thing I was trying to get across was that we need more TD's from our RB's and less fumbles in general. 5 tds from running backs in the #1 rushing attack is kinda pathetic.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
      This is a good point. The main thing I was trying to get across was that we need more TD's from our RB's and less fumbles in general. 5 tds from running backs in the #1 rushing attack is kinda pathetic.
      Agreed; Tebow took in a lot more rushing TD's than I was really comfortable with. Especially when you have capable backs in McGahee/Ball to punch it in. I also wish Jeremiah Johnson would have gotten more chances to see what he could do out there; I liked his patience when running the ball. Just didn't have enough runs to really stand out
      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
      Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Broncos Rushing Attack

They ran many different running plays from many different formations. They need a series based offense to attack adjustments. That can be done from fewer formations. In the offseason, they need to study what effect the rushing attack had on coverages and how to exploit that via PAP. Total rushing TDs is not as important as red zone % which is often a function of a viable rushing threat. Most (if not all) of Tebow's rushing TDs (and 2 XPAs) were from empty with Beadles pulling/leading/sealing.
        Last edited by samparnell; 01-22-2012, 08:17 AM.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Yards without TD's mean nothing. What was our RZ percentage?

Gotta get fixed.

I never felt like we were the "#1 rushing team". I felt like we ran the ball all of the time because we couldn't throw it. We were severely one-dimensional. Being one dimensional is fine if you take care of the ball and score. If you don't, then, well...
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Agreed; Tebow took in a lot more rushing TD's than I was really comfortable with. Especially when you have capable backs in McGahee/Ball to punch it in. I also wish Jeremiah Johnson would have gotten more chances to see what he could do out there; I liked his patience when running the ball. Just didn't have enough runs to really stand out
            Good luck trying to take the ball out of Tebows hands in goal to go situations. He goes by the assumption that he gives his team the best chance to score. When he thinks the runner in that situation is stronger than he is, he might give it up. Until then, Tebows power running inside the 10 is going to continue.

Comment

• We can rush for 2000000000 yards but if all.we get is 11 tds outta that then its worthless Mcgahee had over 1000 but how many tds did he have?

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                We can rush for 2000000000 yards but if all.we get is 11 tds outta that then its worthless Mcgahee had over 1000 but how many tds did he have?
                1,199 rush yards 4 tds, 4 fumbles (3 lost) in regular season.
                Last edited by jetdrumz; 01-22-2012, 11:35 AM.
                Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• I think the rushing game will be so much better next year. I think we'll have a lot less fumbles and more production in the redzone from people besides Tebow, who really is pretty deadly within 20 yds. I also feel like J.J has the potential to be a guy with a knack to make those home run plays, and I think Moreno will finally stay healthy for the season and show he's a productive runner/reciever.

Comment

• Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
                    Good luck trying to take the ball out of Tebows hands in goal to go situations. He goes by the assumption that he gives his team the best chance to score. When he thinks the runner in that situation is stronger than he is, he might give it up. Until then, Tebows power running inside the 10 is going to continue.
                    Ya, fair point and its working. In the future though it is unneeded damage to our QB to get 6 inches.
                    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                    Sig by: MHS

Comment

Ya, fair point and its working. In the future though it is unneeded damage to our QB to get 6 inches.
                      Absolutly, if he can adapt and learn to throw from the pocket and pick teams apart with his arm, he will become much to valuable to risk. Please don't kill me for using this analogy, but almost like when Michael Jordan learned to shoot the 3 so well. It saved his body going inside against the big timber.

Comment

• yeah but rushing yards doesn't always translate into rushing td's... half the time it translates to passing td's as well as rushing...

the red zone efficiency would be a better judge of it all.

Comment

• What the running game needs is a back who can take it to the house. We currently do not have a back who has that kind of speed.
                          I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
                            Well we did not get into the red zone often enough to score TDs. The good news is the OL, QB, TEs, and WRs are young and should take another step forward.

I personally think RBs can do well as rookies, so I do not see a need this year. McGahee and Moreno will be healthy by camp and Ball is a decent backup. Give our group another year before investing in a RB...2013 has plenty of good guys coming out most likely...then we can just move on from McGahee or restructure him to play the backup.
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Tebow also didn't play 5 games of the season which is what took us from a 89yd pg rushing attacking to a 159yd pg rushing attack.

They can make stats look however they want; but no one will point out we did it in 11 games.
                              You could recalculate to take only the last 11 games into account if you wanted.

I'm willing to bet that while the yards per game increase a bit, the yards per carry only rises a small amount - meanwhile our passing yards per game drop to some pretty spooky numbers.

Someone above wrote that our team had the #1 rush attack in the NFL. That's because the NFL - or most analysts at least - classify the number one rushing attack in the NFL to be the team with the most rushing yards. Period. They don't care how many carries it took, how many fumbles there are, how many TDs are scored, or any other stat we care to look at.

They do the same thing for rating "the #1 defense" in the NFL. Usually it's based on how many yards the defense gives up. Period. Not points, not turnovers, not three and outs, not how many plays the defense was on the field, not the score relative to the offense... Just yards.

::shrug::

It's a stupid system. One of these days I might actually try to concoct my own rating system for defenses and running offenses, but it'd probably suck just as badly.

So for now that's how it's determined. Not much to do about it except to keep in mind that they're usually only talking about yards gained, and nothing else is factored in.

Comment

Working...
                              X