Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCoy the leading candidate for the Dolphins job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ posted this in it's own thread.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...12#post4253012
    Last edited by jetdrumz; 01-19-2012, 10:39 AM.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
      MileHighReport MileHighReport
      According to @BrandonSpano, current #CUBuffs QB coach Rip Scherer set to join #Broncos staff if Mike McCoy leaves..

Spano goes on to say that what role Scherer would have is to be determined. Current #Broncos QB Coach Adam Gase could move to OC

All of this hinges on Mike McCoy's future, though it is looking more and more as if McCoy could be the Dolphins' top choice right now..

Scherer was with #Browns during Derek Anderson's Pro Bowl season, and was with the #Panthers in 2009 when Matt Moore finished strong..

http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=8267
      Thanks for posting Jet. However, I like Sam's choice much better. Graduate of the Air Force Academy, familiar w/ team success at the NFL level, knowledge on both sides of the ball >>>>>>>familiarity w/ the HC & working w/ Anderson & Moore.

IDK, I think if it happens this way than that's just the part of Jon Fox that has to be accepted. It's seems to me that he's going to want to bring in people who he knows will fall in line and install what he says...exactly the same way McCoy did.

Comment

Originally posted by tebowgirl15 View Post
        If McCoy goes to Miami does Stephen Ross make a big splash with a quarterback like Tebow because it will put people in the seats, they have a great WR in Marshall who can make all kinds of catches, Reggie Bush at RB plus Tebow has a perfect record in Sunlife stadium and is from Florida. Plus Elway can go find his prostyle QB that he wants. I know the Elway's Tebow's idol and wants nothing more than support from him but deep down inside I don't think Tebow will ever get it because of how Elway views the quarterback position being played no matter how hard he works to be perfect.
        Wow, this would be great! Remember they had a big party when the Broncos came to town!

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
          Wow, this would be great! Remember they had a big party when the Broncos came to town!
          Not gonna happen. Nothing but a pipe dream. :thumb:

Using Elway (and his Broncos teams) as the standard I feel the current Broncos with Tebow at QB are on track. It took Elway 4 seasons (from his draft year) to get to a Super Bowl. Additionally, it took Elway/Shanahan 3 seasons to get back to the Super Bowl.

The 2011 season was Elway's first, Fox's first and Tebow's first as the primary starter. Given this fact, and using Elway as the standard, I fully expect the Broncos to be in a Super Bowl no later then the 2014 season. So far, with a Wildcard playoff win, the Broncos are right on schedule to making that happen.

Go Broncos! Go Elway! Go Tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by BalgowlahBronco View Post
            Does this mean we might see some screens and slants next year?
            If Timmy is capable of throwing them accurately and if defenses start overpursuing. Most of those passes work because defenses bet the farm on the pass rush. Also, the quick slant HAS to be thrown on time and in the right location, and Timmy has shown a tendency to hesitate on passes like that and wait for something else downfield.
            You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
              If Timmy is capable of throwing them accurately and if defenses start overpursuing. Most of those passes work because defenses bet the farm on the pass rush. Also, the quick slant HAS to be thrown on time and in the right location, and Timmy has shown a tendency to hesitate on passes like that and wait for something else downfield.
              Well I agree about the QB part, I just don't think John Fox will do that regardless of QB. He has a certain style that he runs, and you can easily see what he did in Carolina has followed him here.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                Well I agree about the QB part, I just don't think John Fox will do that regardless of QB. He has a certain style that he runs, and you can easily see what he did in Carolina has followed him here.
                I don't know. If Elway feels at any point that Fox is so concentrated on not passing the ball that it's hurting the team, he will likely have a talk with him about opening up the offense more. He's been pretty clear all along that he feels to get to the Superbowl and compete, you have to be dominant on one side of the ball and very, very good on the other.

I also saw an interview with Elway right after Fox was hired where Elway talked about discussing with Fox his intention that the Broncos not be a team that depends mostly on field position, special teams and defense to win the game but also to have an aggressive offense. I think we were less aggressive on offense this year mainly because Tebow couldn't do all the stuff we needed to do and had to grow into the job. I expect more of an aggressive offense next year if Tim is ready for it.
                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southtown View Post
                  Thanks for posting Jet. However, I like Sam's choice much better. Graduate of the Air Force Academy, familiar w/ team success at the NFL level, knowledge on both sides of the ball >>>>>>>familiarity w/ the HC & working w/ Anderson & Moore.

IDK, I think if it happens this way than that's just the part of Jon Fox that has to be accepted. It's seems to me that he's going to want to bring in people who he knows will fall in line and install what he says...exactly the same way McCoy did.
                  Rip Scherer sounds good. If McCoy leaves, I hope he becomes OC instead of Gase. Age has its priveleges and gray hairs are earned.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Rip Scherer sounds good. If McCoy leaves, I hope he becomes OC instead of Gase. Age has its priveleges and gray hairs are earned.
                    I agree w/ you in that I would prefer Scherer over Gase at this point. Experience wins out...and Scherer has a lot of it.

I do feel a bit of outside thinking can be beneficial...especially when dealing with un-typical players / skill traits. My concern is that a coach like Scherer is going to go through the same song & dance this staff already went through w/ Tim this year; i.e. square peg/round hole.

I also have a lot of respect for that program down in New Orleans. Maybe that's what's hanging me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southtown View Post
                      I agree w/ you in that I would prefer Scherer over Gase at this point. Experience wins out...and Scherer has a lot of it.

I do feel a bit of outside thinking can be beneficial...especially when dealing with un-typical players / skill traits. My concern is that a coach like Scherer is going to go through the same song & dance this staff already went through w/ Tim this year; i.e. square peg/round hole.

I also have a lot of respect for that program down in New Orleans. Maybe that's what's hanging me up.
                      I can see Fox pursuing Scherer, a guy he has worked with before, over Lombardi with whom he hasn't.

Any prospective OC will need to embrace the rushing attack Fox wants and which is a work in progress. A new OC would have invaluable assistance from Dave Magazu, Eric Studesville and Clancy Barone who have already installed the nuts and bolts basics of a solid power run game from multiple formations.

All that is needed is a playcaller who understands series oriented offense.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        I can see Fox pursuing Scherer, a guy he has worked with before, over Lombardi with whom he hasn't.

Any prospective OC will need to embrace the rushing attack Fox wants and which is a work in progress. A new OC would have invaluable assistance from Dave Magazu, Eric Studesville and Clancy Barone who have already installed the nuts and bolts basics of a solid power run game from multiple formations.

All that is needed is a playcaller who understands series oriented offense.
                        The last sentence is an excellent point Sam. So many times while watching the offense operate I would wonder if Mike was setting things up, showing tendencies, but then I would not see the play selections to take advantage of the earlier formations/plays used.

He did a nice job in the Pitt game obv w/ the last call. But I think (from the comfort of my couch) the opportunity was there to take advantage of more than was used.

Either way, Sherer or Lombardi or Gase, I'm not expecting (or hoping) for radical changes. As mentioned before, I do like to stretch things strategy wise to new places, but this may not be the time to do that.

Hey...maybe the new guy will run my Power T??

Comment

Working...
                        X