Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Denver Broncos Comeback Player of the Year is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Denver Broncos Comeback Player of the Year is?

In your opinion, who's the 2011 Denver Broncos Comeback Player of the Year?

There are a lot of worthy candidates, considering that a ton of our players had a horrific season in 2010.

IMO, candidates include:

-Brian Dawkins: The guy looked 10 years younger this season when he was healthy! As an enforcer and leader, he was having his best season as a Denver Bronco after having a very, very bad 2010 season.

-Elvis Dumervil: Coming back from a pectoral injury that sidelined him for all of 2010, Doom came back this season to notch 9.5 sacks despite battling nagging injuries throughout the season.

-Ryan Clady: He certainly hasn't been able to duplicate his rookie season, but he's still a solid left tackle. He had a terrible season in 2010, but had a decent bounce-back season here in 2011 with a Pro Bowl selection. Some may argue with my assessment, but I take into account the QB's tendency to hold on to the ball too long and also Clady being forced to play by a terrible left guard in Zane Beadles.

-Eric Decker: He had a tough rookie season where he struggled to get onto the field, notching only 6 catches while trying to come back from a foot injury. In 2011, he became an integral part of our offense, notching 44 catches for 612 yards and 8 touchdowns. He had some drop-issues, but still turned in a solid 2011 campaign.

-Demaryius Thomas: Dude was injured left and right his rookie season. Before the 2011 season started, he ruptured his achilles. That injury is supposed to take 10-12 months to heal correctly. Thomas healed much quicker than that and was even able to make a great impact towards the end of the season. Thomas tied with Calvin Johnson for 1st place for most receiving yardage in the last 5 games of the 2011 season. He finished up the season with 32 catches for 551 yards and 4 touchdowns, while adding another 10 catches for 297 yards and a touchdown in the postseason (including that memorable 80-yard OT game winner!)

-------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think?

Who and why?

Somebody else not mentioned? I wanna know about it!

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

DT.

From rookie bust who does anything to next Megatron in a few games, not to mention Pittsburgh...

Wow.

Comment

McGahee. There's really no explanation needed here.

Comment

Dumervil IMO.

-Dawkins has been a beast for far to long to win an award like this in my opinion.
        - Ryan Clady had waaaaay too many holding penalties this year, and it wasn't one of his bet gets to say the least.
        - Eric Decker and DeMarius Thomas are too young to win a "Comeback" award. I'd say maybe DT should get a "coming out party" award.

Another candidate I can think of for comeback player is DJ Williams. He hasn't been bad the last few years, but less impactful, not to mention the DUI. A lot of people on here wanted to get rid of him in the off season, but he was huge for us this year. It seemed he had a big tackle, or huge hit in almost every game this year, and was one of the leaders of the defense.

Comment

Also I agree with Alastor, McGahee is an obvious choice.

Comment

Elvis Dumervil.

Players like Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker never had a previous impact in the NFL to be a comeback player.

Dumervil led the NFL in sacks in 2009. He made a huge impact and was voted All-Pro. He disappeared in 2010 because of a torn pectoral that put him on IR. And then he bounced back in 2011 with 9.5 sacks and a Pro Bowl.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think you can come BACK without being there before. So I eliminate Decker automatically, and consider eliminating Thomas, but he actually showed flashes.

I'll go with Dumervil. from IR to Pro Bowl. Can't beat it.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

McGahee

Ayers

DThomas

Dawk

Marcus Thomas

Comment

McGahee and Dumervil...

McGahee- People hated the signing, and he had a great year, one of the big reason we made the playoffs.

Dumervil- He fought threw some injuries, people wanted him cut, said he was done, etc. Then i think he had a stretch where he had 8.5 sacks in 7 straight games, good to see him come back strong.

I'd mention Demaryius too, i didn't think he'd do much until next year, achillies injuries are killer.

Comment

mcgahee

i'd say dumerville also, but i expected this out of him.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      In your opinion, who's the 2011 Denver Broncos Comeback Player of the Year?

There are a lot of worthy candidates, considering that a ton of our players had a horrific season in 2010.

IMO, candidates include:

-Brian Dawkins: The guy looked 10 years younger this season when he was healthy! As an enforcer and leader, he was having his best season as a Denver Bronco after having a very, very bad 2010 season.

-Elvis Dumervil: Coming back from a pectoral injury that sidelined him for all of 2010, Doom came back this season to notch 9.5 sacks despite battling nagging injuries throughout the season.

-Ryan Clady: He certainly hasn't been able to duplicate his rookie season, but he's still a solid left tackle. He had a terrible season in 2010, but had a decent bounce-back season here in 2011 with a Pro Bowl selection. Some may argue with my assessment, but I take into account the QB's tendency to hold on to the ball too long and also Clady being forced to play by a terrible left guard in Zane Beadles.

-Eric Decker: He had a tough rookie season where he struggled to get onto the field, notching only 6 catches while trying to come back from a foot injury. In 2011, he became an integral part of our offense, notching 44 catches for 612 yards and 8 touchdowns. He had some drop-issues, but still turned in a solid 2011 campaign.

-Demaryius Thomas: Dude was injured left and right his rookie season. Before the 2011 season started, he ruptured his achilles. That injury is supposed to take 10-12 months to heal correctly. Thomas healed much quicker than that and was even able to make a great impact towards the end of the season. Thomas tied with Calvin Johnson for 1st place for most receiving yardage in the last 5 games of the 2011 season. He finished up the season with 32 catches for 551 yards and 4 touchdowns, while adding another 10 catches for 297 yards and a touchdown in the postseason (including that memorable 80-yard OT game winner!)

-------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think?

Who and why?

Somebody else not mentioned? I wanna know about it!
                      McGahee

and

Dumervil
                      sigpic

Comment

Doom, hands down. Missed all last year, not even a playoff game.
                        DT played last year and was hurt in the off-season.
                        McGahee is a good choice, but he did something he has done twice b4 and had the misfortune of being on the same roster as Ray Rice. While I am amazed by his performance, what did he come back from?
                        #swapping

Comment

doom exploded last year and there went our pass rush. it was obvious it was going to be a tough year. you can win games with a good pass rush. i believe that was very instrumental in the collapse. Doom and miller we have 2 edge rushers who can get 10-15 sacks as edge rushers. all we need is some one to prevent a QB from stepping ups and we can easily lead the league in sacks.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                            McGahee. There's really no explanation needed here.
                            My thoughts exactly. 30 year old RB, coming in and getting us our first 1,000 yard season in far too long. This guy was one of the key reasons we made it to the playoffs.
                            sigpic
                            MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
                            Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

Clady led the league in holding penalties, correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X