Bronco you didn't appreciate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco you didn't appreciate?

I know everyone talks about Brandon Lloyd, but I can give at least three reasons why it made sense to let him go. The one guy that people rarely talk about is Gaffney. We gave him (and his modest salary) away for nothing. When he was here, I never appreciated him. I was always thought of getting a better number 2 receiver than him, but now that he is gone, I couldn't imagine a better number two receiver. He did everything well. He blocked; had good hands; was unselfish; consistent; ran great routes; was very professional; and when the number one guy went out, he could step up for a game or two. For whatever reason, I never appreciated him while he was here, but man would I like to bring him back and move Deck to the slot.

Which brings me to the question? Was there ever a Bronco (coach or player) that you failed to appreciate until they were gone.
    Just don't lose baby

Shannon Sharpe.

It's not that I never appreciated him, it's just I know we'll never replace him.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon Member #12

Comment

Great thread. Refreshing.

Mine would be Al Wilson. Since he retired this defense has not been the same.

Comment

Larry Coyer I suppose.

Comment

Jake plummer possibly.. if we want to go current I think Dj Williams will be that way

Comment

Currently I would have to say Dawkins, I thought he was a major liabilty and only useful playing almost like a LB, and really didn't see how big a part of our D he was until he went down.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Shanahan era:

Gary Kubiak as OC.

Shanahan's offense declined more and more each year after Kubiak left.

Post Shanahan:

Nobody...I either appreciated them while they were here or didn't and never will!

Comment

Kyle Orton, he was such a great Bronco, a real winner, great passer. Hey he is a free agent? Maybe invite him to camp?

Comment

Tommy Nalen- I don't think as a football fan i appreciated what a gifted line we had back in the late 90's. Tommy was one of the anchors of that line and it is only after you lose an O-Line anchor like that, that you realize just how important they are. JD is starting to turn the corner after his second season and I look forward to watching him progress as a starting center in this league.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would say Al Wilson. He was the biggest loss for Denver when he hurt his neck. Defense has never been the same

Comment

Orton was entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by orange kool aid View Post
                        I know everyone talks about Brandon Lloyd, but I can give at least three reasons why it made sense to let him go. The one guy that people rarely talk about is Gaffney. We gave him (and his modest salary) away for nothing. When he was here, I never appreciated him. I was always thought of getting a better number 2 receiver than him, but now that he is gone, I couldn't imagine a better number two receiver. He did everything well. He blocked; had good hands; was unselfish; consistent; ran great routes; was very professional; and when the number one guy went out, he could step up for a game or two. For whatever reason, I never appreciated him while he was here, but man would I like to bring him back and move Deck to the slot.

Which brings me to the question? Was there ever a Bronco (coach or player) that you failed to appreciate until they were gone.
                        Dale Carter.

Except I never have appreciated what he did for us, even after being gone.
                        sigpic

Comment

Whoever said Gary Kubiak nailed it. After him we went pass happy then crappy and now run heavy. We seemed much more balanced.

Comment

Neil Smith, I could only see him as a Chief. Looking back now he was a major part of both super bowls.

Comment

Originally posted by orange kool aid View Post

Which brings me to the question? Was there ever a Broncos (coach or player) that you failed to appreciate until they were gone.
                              No not really I'm sitting hear scratching my head thinking of anyone and I'm at a loss ...

There are players I don't think get anywhere enough credit for what they meant to the Broncos but I appreciate them and they'll always be some of my favorite all time players in the NFL ...
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
                              X