Bronco you didn't appreciate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerald Wilhite - ahead of his time.
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke View Post
      Gerald Wilhite - ahead of his time.
      AND Sammy Winder...

Never fully appreciated these guys while they were here. Not everyone is Walter Payton, but these guys were key to the success in the 80's.
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Really tears me up to say this, but at the time Darrent Williams, Champ is obviously outstanding but I'm more than confident in Darrent's ability to have stepped into his shoes right about now, and I didn't appreciate him until I saw how much we struggled without him.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
          Tommy Nalen- I don't think as a football fan i appreciated what a gifted line we had back in the late 90's. Tommy was one of the anchors of that line and it is only after you lose an O-Line anchor like that, that you realize just how important they are. JD is starting to turn the corner after his second season and I look forward to watching him progress as a starting center in this league.
          I have to agree with you on that. Nalen was exceptional, yet not in the limelight.

Comment

Ashley Lelie

Didn't like him for being soft, but he was a MAJOR deep threat. Set up alot of scores for us. Also drew the PI call against Samuel in the playoffs to help us beat the Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
              Really tears me up to say this, but at the time Darrent Williams, Champ is obviously outstanding but I'm more than confident in Darrent's ability to have stepped into his shoes right about now, and I didn't appreciate him until I saw how much we struggled without him.
              I was thinking the same thing, Andy. You never really know what you have until it's gone.
              sigpic

Comment

Al Wilson would be my first choice as well, the guy was really underrated in my opinion and our defense sagged badly after he left. Thanks for everything Al. I must admit I did not appreciate D –Will as much as I should have, I enjoyed watching him play and I loved how he was always energetic and happy. But his death really put things into perspective. I honestly think if he were still around he would definitely start opposite of champ instead of Goodman. The kid was lightning quick and had one hell of a nose for the ball. RIP D–Will, I remember you each time our defense takes the field!
                Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 01-19-2012, 07:21 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Keith Traylor. Although I don't much remember his first tour of duty in Denver, I do remember some great highlights from his second time around. I remember that he played in a game against KC two days after his mother passed away and was awarded the game ball.

Comment

Domonique Foxworth. We all thought he was replaceable but would be a solid number 2 corner for us still. Another one of Shanny's questionable decisions.
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Kyle Johnson has a decent run as our FB for awhile, blocked for a few 1000 yd rushers, plus he was a reliable threat out of the backfield.
                      Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
                      Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

Ma'a Tanuvasa

Comment

Working...
                        X