Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philbin to coach dolphins (McCoy to stay with Broncos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
    Moore was looking decent for a 1st time starter in Carolina- was he benched for performance or pressure to start a high round draft pick?

Would Carolina have been better off taking Clausen or drafting another position and developing Moore for another season?

I know the answer to both questions...
    I'm so happy for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
      Moore was looking decent for a 1st time starter in Carolina- was he benched for performance or pressure to start a high round draft pick?

Would Carolina have been better off taking Clausen or drafting another position and developing Moore for another season?

I know the answer to both questions...
      Neither. He suffered a concussion in the season opener. Took him a few weeks to recover. From that point on they played the QB shuffle game.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants lost two players to injuries in their season opener, and the Carolina Panthers saw quarterback Matt Moore sidelined in the closing minutes with a concussion.

Moore was injured late in the fourth quarter after being sacked by defensive end Osi Umenyiora near his own goal line.

Moore, who fumbled on the play, walked gingerly off the field with athletic trainers by his side. Rookie Jimmy Clausen replaced him and threw two incomplete passes on the next two plays.

Panthers coach John Fox said after the game that Moore sustained a concussion.

Giants starting tight end Kevin Boss was knocked out of the game with a neck injury and concussion in the first quarter and special teams captain Chase Blackburn injured a knee late in the second quarter.

Boss was hurt after being hit in the back of the neck by Panthers safety Sherrod Martin on the Giants' fourth play from scrimmage. Boss was on the ground when he was hit on the incomplete pass. He was taken off the field on a cart.

Blackburn, who sprained a knee during the preseason, was hurt covering a kick late in the second quarter.

Carolina wide receiver Charly Martin also sustained a concussion, and place-kicker Todd Carter developed back spasms.
      Moore suffered a concussion during the season opener at the New York Giants, and he was benched the following week in a loss against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following poor play.[14] On September 20, 2010, Moore was removed as the Panthers starting quarterback in favor of rookie Jimmy Clausen, after throwing 4 interceptions in the first two games.

After sitting out for 3 straight games, Moore was again declared the Panthers starting quarterback on October 18, 2010, following poor play by Clausen. In his first game back as a starter against the San Francisco 49ers, Moore completed 28 passes on 41 attempts for 308 yards, two touchdowns and one interception, setting career highs in yards and completions.

In a week 9 loss to the New Orleans Saints, Moore injured his shoulder after a hit from Sedrick Ellis. He was placed on injured reserve by the Panthers, ending his season.
      Last edited by Southtown; 01-21-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• We bag McCoy for the play calling, but we don't know what goes on behind the lines. Tebow was young and very inexperienced, so he was limited in what he could do. With an off season at there disposal they should be able to add more plays to the mix. Keeping the same coaching staff for another year would be a good thing. We need some stability at the coaching level. Tebow has played for 2 head coaches in just as many years, with no off season in between.
        sigpic

Comment

• the thing that makes no sense to me if nolan moved on and the owner still wants to pick the DC
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
            We bag McCoy for the play calling, but we don't know what goes on behind the lines. Tebow was young and very inexperienced, so he was limited in what he could do. With an off season at there disposal they should be able to add more plays to the mix. Keeping the same coaching staff for another year would be a good thing. We need some stability at the coaching level. Tebow has played for 2 head coaches in just as many years, with no off season in between.
            To me McCoy takes blame that might not be fair. The most puzzling when people evaluate McCoy is the difference in the 2010 Tebow in the 3 games McCoy called, and the 2011 Tebow that seem to have regressed as a passer but has had success with the playbook additions.

I think that the run, run, pass, punt is a John Fox formula more than stemming from McCoy. Tebow obviously value McCoy a lot so that has to be a good sign.

Might we ba back to a pre-2006 scenario where our OC was the real goldenboy and our HC got the credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
              To me McCoy takes blame that might not be fair. The most puzzling when people evaluate McCoy is the difference in the 2010 Tebow in the 3 games McCoy called, and the 2011 Tebow that seem to have regressed as a passer but has had success with the playbook additions.

I think that the run, run, pass, punt is a John Fox formula more than stemming from McCoy. Tebow obviously value McCoy a lot so that has to be a good sign.

Might we ba back to a pre-2006 scenario where our OC was the real goldenboy and our HC got the credit.
              Mccoy gets a lot of blame which he does deserve. The lack of easy completions by the quarterback was a concern. Too many runs on first down and to many quarterback draws on 3rd downs. And Tebow didn't regress from 2010 to 2011. He was the exact same player. The only difference in play calling was the screen game and the option stuff. Very similar things were done in the passing game. A lot of awful 3rd down calls which were obviously kept over from the Mcdaniels play book. 3rd down and every receiver runs a go route. Something we saw often from Mcdaniels.

And seriously what the hell is your problem with John Fox. I don't think you have a clue what a good football coach is.

Comment

• I think us keeping our OC and DC this year is going to be huge for our players (granted they don't end up somewhere else in the mean time).

Players will actually have some continuity at the management level and something to build and have faith in. I love this; lets have a great draft/fa/off-season and I think we'll see a great product on the field next year :thumb:
                sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                Sig by: MHS

Comment

Working...
                X