X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soulbender
    replied
    Originally posted by roperdoug View Post
    Uh! What do you mean Denver started losing AFTER they let Orton go?:paper: With Orton we were 1-4 yet we finish the season 8-8. That's not winning but it's not losing either. After Orton we were 7-4 if my math is correct.
    Read what was posted, tebow started losing AFTER they let Orton go to K.C. NOT when they made the qb switch.

Leave a comment:

• COBronc78
    replied
    We can't pin this on any one person but Denver failed to achieve it's goal for the year. First you had the lockout which didn't affect every team. Those who had the system in place, Coaches, Quarterback and other players wasn't affected that much but teams that were in transistion with new coaches and new players, the lack of a solid training camp hurt. Jacksonville, Carolinas and several other teams are included in that bunch along with Denver. We had a new coach and a Quarterback battle. Before the season started, it was announced that Orton was to be traded and the competition for the Quarterback position was between Tebow and Quinn. It looked like Tebow was going to start then all of a sudden, Orton was back and was to be the starter. After we strarted out 1-4, someone made the decision again to trade Orton and start Tebow. Fox, McCoy and company came up with patchwork offensive schemes so Tebow could play. That limited the number of plays that could be called because Tim and the Offense were not used to each other. The Defense at times clicked on all cylindars and kept the game within reach and Tim and his offense were able to pull off a miraculas win but when the Offense starts out good the Defense sputters. When the Defense is working, the Offense struggles. Things really got bad when the opponents had Tim and the offensive plays figured out since we were so predictable. All they had to do was cover the receivers well, shut down the run and keep Tebow scrambling.
    Hopefully, the Front Office and the Coaches commit to Tim, build the offense around him and spend a lot of times improving his passing skills. If they are not going to commit to Tim, they need to decide early what they are going to do otherwise we will have a repeat of 2011.
    Um...that would be the formula to shut down every single football team in the nation.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Last time John Fox took over a team they picked 2nd in the draft, then went 8-8 in the first year in the second year they were 11-5 and played in the Super Bowl. Lets hope that scenario plays out again here.

From 4-12 last year 8-8 is a great stepping stone, the team isn't where it wants to be yet but it's noving the right direction...that's not failing!

Leave a comment:

• orange kool aid
    replied
    We can't pin this on any one person but Denver failed to achieve it's goal for the year. First you had the lockout which didn't affect every team. Those who had the system in place, Coaches, Quarterback and other players wasn't affected that much but teams that were in transistion with new coaches and new players, the lack of a solid training camp hurt. Jacksonville, Carolinas and several other teams are included in that bunch along with Denver. We had a new coach and a Quarterback battle. Before the season started, it was announced that Orton was to be traded and the competition for the Quarterback position was between Tebow and Quinn. It looked like Tebow was going to start then all of a sudden, Orton was back and was to be the starter. After we strarted out 1-4, someone made the decision again to trade Orton and start Tebow. Fox, McCoy and company came up with patchwork offensive schemes so Tebow could play. That limited the number of plays that could be called because Tim and the Offense were not used to each other. The Defense at times clicked on all cylindars and kept the game within reach and Tim and his offense were able to pull off a miraculas win but when the Offense starts out good the Defense sputters. When the Defense is working, the Offense struggles. Things really got bad when the opponents had Tim and the offensive plays figured out since we were so predictable. All they had to do was cover the receivers well, shut down the run and keep Tebow scrambling.
    Hopefully, the Front Office and the Coaches commit to Tim, build the offense around him and spend a lot of times improving his passing skills. If they are not going to commit to Tim, they need to decide early what they are going to do otherwise we will have a repeat of 2011.
    That is a formula to beat any team.

Leave a comment:

• dork54
    replied
    Fox messed up starting Orton to begin the season. Why or why don't you just say it. It's the truth.

Leave a comment:

• swinginhorseman
    replied
    If it was 96-98 and we didnt make it I would say yes we failed. This was a rebuilding year. I didnt expect to win the division or advance in the playoffs so I say this year is a success for what we had.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied
    Everyone is older and wiser. Plus, they not only have a playoff game experience, they have 2 playoff games under their belt. 1 win at home and 1 loss on the road.

They went through a very crazy season and have to be stronger for it.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Failure depends on your prospective. If you expected this team to win the Superbowl this year, then yes....they failed.

I think winning twice as many games as last year, winning the AFC West Title, and knocking the Pittsburgh Steeler out of the playoffs could be defined as success rather than failure.

Now, I am expecting this team to improve. I am very excited about the 2012-13 season and taking the next step.

Leave a comment:

• Oats420
    replied
    Originally posted by EddyMacDontPlay View Post
    and we won a playoff game in OT against a team nobody thought we could beat.

Until we beat them, then of course, it was a game "we should have won". This still frustrates me. We had key injuries too, but no one(besides us) wants to mention that. We were 9 point underdogs, we had no business winning that game. The reason why we won was because we played with more heart than them. Every team has injuries!

Leave a comment:

• EddyMacDontPlay
    replied
    Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    It was bad "Orton-Ju-Ju" that KO left behind to curse the team...
    I think it was more of a "addition by subtraction" situation.

Leave a comment:

• neckbeard
    replied
    Uh! What do you mean Denver started losing AFTER they let Orton go?:paper: With Orton we were 1-4 yet we finish the season 8-8. That's not winning but it's not losing either. After Orton we were 7-4 if my math is correct.
    It was bad "Orton-Ju-Ju" that KO left behind to curse the team...

Leave a comment:

• EddyMacDontPlay
    replied
    Agreed, we're not a legimitate threat by any means. Not too far off though.

Leave a comment:

• neckbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    They aren't a "legitimate team" yet they knocked off the defending AFC West Champs.. Have fun believing that bud.
    It was a bumbling herd of 8-8 teams in the AFC West. Tie-breakers gave Denver the division crown, not a good win-loss record. Almost any other division in the league, Denver would have finished out as 3rd or in the basement.

By a "legitimate team" I don't mean a lead-pipe lock favorite to win the Super Bowl. But I do think that opponents should feel a at least a little, tiny bit nervous having to face Denver, week-in and week-out. They're just not there yet. But Fox & Co. now have a real off-season to ramp them up. They have a shot at becoming a REAL legitimate team in 2012...

Leave a comment:

• EddyMacDontPlay
    replied
    I know we didn't go out on the best game, but overall our season was pretty damn awesome. We went 4-12 last year, remember that? We had wins against all our division rivals, some crazy comeback wins, and we won a playoff game in OT against a team nobody thought we could beat. This season was definitely an improvement, our defense got much better (we have a monster in #58), and while our offense definitely had it's rough times it stepped up in big moments. the WR's, especially DT played really well and I think he'll be a great reciever in this league for many years.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    You have to remember we picked SECOND in the draft when Fox came in.

He has turned us into an 8-8 team and one which has made big strides. I think we are as we looked. An 8-8 which shouldn't have been enough to win the division but the playoff experience helps the young guys, and the way we stepped up (in front of a FANTASTIC crowd) to beat Pitts was brilliant.

Our O was young with a first year starting QB learning the ropes. We have the second youngest OL and a young receiving group, We need to get someone to help McGahee as well.

The D was ranked 20th, which was an accurate reading IMO. We were not the awful D of years past and added some good pieces last off-season, but we were not ready to beat Brady on the road, and there's no shame in that.

I think we made great strides and another 2-3 off-seasons could make us a consistent playoff team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X