No announcement yet.

Jack Del Rio Hired As Defensive Coordinator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 9 seasons with JDR, the Jags went 69-73 with only 2 playoffs appearances. They never won the AFC South, the never made it to the AFCCG, so ofcourse they never made it to the Super Bowl. The last thing JDR needs to do is sit at home.

Becoming the Broncos DC, JDR will keep his name floating in the league, and if he can Coach our team to a top 10 defense, then maybe he'll get some consideration next year. Moral of the story is, JDR doesn't have the credintials to sit out a year and still get offered HC jobs.
    Last edited by JayJack; 02-02-2012, 01:51 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
      In 9 seasons with JDR, the Jags went 69-73 with only 2 playoffs appearances. They never won the AFC South, the never made it to the AFCCG, so ofcourse they never made it to the Super Bowl. The last thing JDR needs to do is sit at home.

Becoming the Jags DC, JDR will keep his name floating in the league, and if he can Coach our team to a top 10 defense, then maybe he'll get some consideration next year. Moral of the story is, JDR doesn't have the credintials to sit out a year and still get offered HC jobs.
      As a Jacksonville native, I've seen the Jags play 8 years under Coughlin with a 68/60 record. Coughlin has been with the Giants 8 years with 74/54 record. Del Rio's 9 year record with the Jags is 68/71.
      I think you meant "becoming the Bronco's DC".

Comment

• Originally posted by roperdoug View Post
        As a Jacksonville native, I've seen the Jags play 8 years under Coughlin with a 68/60 record. Coughlin has been with the Giants 8 years with 74/54 record. Del Rio's 9 year record with the Jags is 68/71.
        I think you meant "becoming the Bronco's DC".
        Thanx, I edited it.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanx, I edited it.
          You did have me scratching my head...LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by TheThreeAmigos View Post
            I could find you a stadium full of people in Jacksonville who would not agree with your Del Rio rating. Its all about perspective I would imagine.
            No you can't, that stadium hasn't been full in years.

Comment

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
              A lot of the games were blacked out because of it. I know. I lived there.

Comment

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
                Kinda like the Chargers
                sigpic

Comment

I agree that the point totals are stellar....but when you give up points in the 40s four times (i think) in one season, you have to be concerned....not so much about the run defense, but the pass defense and specifically the pass rush.

I completely realize that seems silly with how well Von Miller performed from a sack total stand-point....but the games where the pass-d was shredded....the opposing QB had all day to throw and the defense will never hold coverage when there is no pressure on the QB.
                  I agree. Pass rush was a concern in some games and our pass defense was bad in some games.

But our defense gave up 40 + twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    I agree. Pass rush was a concern in some games and our pass defense was bad in some games.

But our defense gave up 40 + twice.
                    I am going to hate myself for asking.....but what happened in the other three games?
                    "A 'W' is a 'W' and it doesn't matter how you get it. If you win ugly, it's still a 'W.' Mechanics don't play the game, people do." -Floyd Little

Comment

I am going to hate myself for asking.....but what happened in the other three games?
                      Sorry there was three not two.

But there wasn't 5 where the defense gave up 40 points.

In these two games the defense didn't give up 40+

Detroit Lions: 45 points allowed - Defense gave up 31 Points (Tebow pick six and Tebow fumble for six)

Buffalo Bills: 40 points allowed - Defense gave up 19 Points (Tebow pick six, Tebow fumble six and special teams touchdown)

We gave up 40+ against the New England Patriots twice and the Greenbay Packers

Comment

In 9 seasons with JDR, the Jags went 69-73 with only 2 playoffs appearances. They never won the AFC South, the never made it to the AFCCG, so ofcourse they never made it to the Super Bowl. The last thing JDR needs to do is sit at home.

Becoming the Broncos DC, JDR will keep his name floating in the league, and if he can Coach our team to a top 10 defense, then maybe he'll get some consideration next year. Moral of the story is, JDR doesn't have the credintials to sit out a year and still get offered HC jobs.
                        I agree. JDR is "stuck" in Denver for 2- 3 years. Then, if we have a solid and consistent D he'll get another shot.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• I forgot we got this guy.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Who is this Del Rio? Is he the guy that picked up Manning at the airport? Where is Manning?
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X