Broncos/Patriots vs. Giants/Patriots - a Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lm32188 View Post
    Yes, you are right. But lets not forget you are talking about Eli manning in his tenth year as a QB in the NFL. No other position on the team does experience play such a significant role. Hopefully we can say the same about Tebow in his tenth year, if he lasts.
    Eighth, actually, but your point still applies.

Comment

Originally posted by ohiotebow View Post
      Eighth, actually, but your point still applies.
      Haha.. You are correct. Was counting the something else at the same time.

Comment

The stats I posted on Eli is his second season with the Giants I believe. If I remember correctly he hand only started 7 of 9 games his first season with Kurt Warner. He took over as starter after Kurt retired.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
          When are people going to realise that this is a team game. So many here do not seem to remember that Elway was not always great - He lost us games as well.

The blame the QB is just dumb, and we have suffered with this for so so many years. Jake Plummer needed to be run out of town because of playoff games - where Payton Manning put up two of his top 10 performances scoring 41 and 49 points, and for a loss to the Steelers in a game where our defence and offensive line was dominated so bad that is seldom seen worse.

Orton was blamed solely for the 55 points Raiders put up.

This Denver QB hate has to stop - it is asinine!

We have a young QB that came into a 1-4 team, finished with more wins than Aaron Rogers did in his first season as a starter (and that is with 11 games for Tim Tebow). Yes our QB is raw, and he looks bad at times, but he never gives up like the last young QB we had - the guy with the arm that rivalled Elways.

Our coaching staff has gotten rid of any veteran player that helped Tebow out at the end of last season and the beginning of this. Tebow need someone like that can be an asset in the short passing game - Knowshawn showed flashes and it will be nice to see what will come.

Tebow has actually surpassed both Elway, Griese and Cutler in their first 14 games - lets respect and appreciate that and hope that he can elevate his game. He is an amazing big play QB, but he needs the small game as well.
          On what basis do you say that?
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by roperdoug View Post
            The stats I posted on Eli is his second season with the Giants I believe. If I remember correctly he hand only started 7 of 9 games his first season with Kurt Warner. He took over as starter after Kurt retired.
            Kurt didn't retire, he decided to void the second year of his contract with NY, making him a free agent and went on to play 5 seasons with the Cardinals

Comment

Originally posted by ohiotebow View Post
              So, let me see if I've got this straight:

- Wobbly passes from QB with 2 Super Bowl rings and in his 8th year as a starting QB = GOOD and totally expected

- Wobbly passes from QB who hasn't even played one full season's worth of games as a starter = BAD and totally unexpected

Got it.
              I'm pretty sure that he was saying that the occasional wobbly pass from someone who completed 75% of their passes in the Super Bowl is quite a bit more forgivable than the constant wobbly passes from someone who had the worst completion percentage by a starting quarterback since 1963 in the regular season, and even worse against the same team in the playoffs (35%).

Nice try at being witty though.

Comment

Working...
              X