Surprising cuts this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    It's not about how bad the injury was, it's about the timing of it. It was the last game of the season.
    Sorry, you are going to have to explain to me how it matters when he was injured. As long as he has adequate time to get healthy before camps start, what is the difference between week 1 and week 17? He's arguably the heart of that line. Consistency in O line play is as important to this team, as any other part of the game, especially when you consider it's a Fox team and the dedication to the running game is paramount.

Comment

Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
      Sorry, you are going to have to explain to me how it matters when he was injured. As long as he has adequate time to get healthy before camps start, what is the difference between week 1 and week 17? He's arguably the heart of that line. Consistency in O line play is as important to this team, as any other part of the game, especially when you consider it's a Fox team and the dedication to the running game is paramount.
      Read this again and tell me if it makes since. If he would've gotten injured in week 1, he'd still have 4 months (the rest of the season) plus the offseason to get better and ready by camp. He got hurt week 17, which means he just have the offseason. I haven't heard whether he'll be ready or not by Camp, but it's never good to suffer a injury at the end of the year and expect to be back 100% by camp.
      sigpic

Comment

Read this again and tell me if it makes since. If he would've gotten injured in week 1, he'd still have 4 months (the rest of the season) plus the offseason to get better and ready by camp. He got hurt week 17, which means he just have the offseason. I haven't heard whether he'll be ready or not by Camp, but it's never good to suffer a injury at the end of the year and expect to be back 100% by camp.
        If it was an acl tear or something that would be one thing. A broken bone, one of two lower leg bones at that, is a pretty standard and easy fix.

Comment

That is exactly the reason why it matters how bad the injury was. It was just a simple dislocation which takes 6 to 8 weeks to heal, not a double fracture which can take up to 6 to 8 months. Which was my original point. You seem to make points just to have something to post.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            If it was an acl tear or something that would be one thing. A broken bone, one of two lower leg bones at that, is a pretty standard and easy fix.
            Cool, like I said, I don't know how serious it is. It look awful to me when I first saw it.

Here's what Rotoworld had to say:

Broncos placed LG Chris Kuper on injured reserve with a broken left leg, ending his season. Coach John Fox "isn't closing door" on Kuper being ready for training camp, but this is a severe injury. Denver's long-time left guard has missed just two games since 2007 and made the Pro Bowl in 2011. Russ Hochstein will be a significant downgrade for the postseason. Under contract for $3.5 million in 2012, Kuper is very likely to be back in Denver. Jan 2 - 2:33 PM
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Anybody think maybe DJ Williams? I have nothing against him, he's been a very solid player for us but that's just it, he's just solid & not great, we need a playmaker.
              I think DJ had his best season to date this year. If we part ways, it better be in a trade but I don't see it happening. Why create another need when we have so many as it is now?
              sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                Haha. All of these people predicting goodman. One question. With little depth already at the position, who do you expect to take his spot? Although not great, Goodman is a solid player and definitely underappreciated on these boards.
                Goodman is also overpaid for the production he provides. Which is reason for releasing him.

Comment

Working...
                X