Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Litton on Elway, Manning & Tebow : Ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Litton on Elway, Manning & Tebow : Ouch!

I love Timmy just as much as the next.. but it's Peyton Manning!!! lol.... With the injury risk concerns and his neck, keep Timmy as backup though!!
    sigpic

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Comment

let the cry baby whining commence
      sigpic

Comment

I still find it hard to believe this relatively young, rebuilding team is thinking a 36 year old NFL QB with 4 neck surgeries is a brilliant move.... No slight on Manning, he was awesome, but something about this makes me nervous....
        A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
          I still find it hard to believe this relatively young, rebuilding team is thinking a 36 year old NFL QB with 4 neck surgeries is a brilliant move.... No slight on Manning, he was awesome, but something about this makes me nervous....
          Tebow is developing and the team is trying to make a run here and now for the big one. I don't think they let Tim go; it would be a horrible move to do so. Nobody in their right mind would think Manning is a longterm solution. He's 36 (Elway retired at 37) and has had multiple neck injuries/surgeries. Manning is basically trying to hook on somewhere a couple years or so and go out with a bang. Favre tried it but failed.

Comment

Nyuk, its the future that concerns me.... Other teams have tried the "plug and play" Aged MVP route, and it has been good, not great...

Like I posted in another thread, I am wondering if we sign Manning, would it makes better sense to Draft a pocket style QB this year, send Tebow out, and let the young QB learn behind Manning? EFX wants a pocket passer, does it make sense to have an untraditional guy like Teebs learn behind Manning?? I don't know how that translates to on field production once Tebow starts again....

I am fine either way, I trust EFX wants glory.... I just want wrap my head around the thought process...
            A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
              Manning is basically trying to hook on somewhere a couple years or so and go out with a bang. Favre tried it but failed.
              :paper: Maybe that bang is another super bowl. You have to think there is base of competition between baby brother and older brother.

That equals DRIVE hommie!
              Last edited by ParkHill-71; 03-10-2012, 07:49 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Tebow is developing and the team is trying to make a run here and now for the big one. I don't think they let Tim go; it would be a horrible move to do so. Nobody in their right mind would think Manning is a longterm solution. He's 36 (Elway retired at 37) and has had multiple neck injuries/surgeries. Manning is basically trying to hook on somewhere a couple years or so and go out with a bang. Favre tried it but failed.
                I can respect that. I'm just not so sure the Broncos are one player away from the Super Bowl. They got manhandled by the Patriots in the playoffs and I'm not so sure even Peyton Manning at 100% could have won that game.

Btw, that sketch is hilarious.

Comment

Well I mentioned yesterday that I had a hard time thinking Manning would come here considering how far away I think we still are. Defense inconsistent, passing game iffy. You would think he'd want a team as close as possible to going back to the Super Bowl.

Comment

that's pretty funny
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I mentioned yesterday that I had a hard time thinking Manning would come here considering how far away I think we still are. Defense inconsistent, passing game iffy. You would think he'd want a team as close as possible to going back to the Super Bowl.
                      I agree. He didn't come to Denver with his agent. Is it possible this whole thing is a ploy to get more money out of Miami and Arizona (and others)?? The whole conflict of interest with his agent just doesn't make sense to me. Why would they slight one of their more popular clients (Tebow) when Peyton would fit in very well, if not better, elsewhere? The whole thing with Denver doesn't quite make sense to me.

Also, I think the sketch by the OP makes it very clear. If both Manning and Tebow are both in Denver, we're talking about the biggest media circus you've seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyGator View Post
                        I can respect that. I'm just not so sure the Broncos are one player away from the Super Bowl. They got manhandled by the Patriots in the playoffs and I'm not so sure even Peyton Manning at 100% could have won that game.

Btw, that sketch is hilarious.
                        I agree....but if we sign manning, free agents will flock to us at a discount. That just wont happen with tebow.
                        sigpic

Comment

We are just as close to being a SB contender as all of the other teams in the Manning sweepstakes. Also Denver will sign players to help Manning this will be a great signing!

Comment

Everyone piling in on Tebow.

Stay Classy Drew!

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
                              Everyone piling in on Tebow.

Stay Classy Drew!
                              I don't know anything about this "artist," but is it possible he's trying to emphasize the disrespect Elway has for Tebow? Like, "Don't worry poor Timmy, you can still be our butler. At least we have a job for you! Because you're not going to be our QB, that's for sure."

Comment

Working...
                              X